Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > My Place Is With Them

Chapter Five

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Kagura comes after the troubles and Kyo and her reconcile.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu,Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-11-28 - Updated: 2012-11-29 - 1124 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Place Is With Them

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Chapter Five: Kagura

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Dinner was pretty lively thanks to Kagura and Tohru, the two were best friends as always. It was after dinner though that Kyo and Tohru went out front.

"I'm not gonna continue this." spoke Kyo.

"Wh-what?" asked Tohru confused.

"I can see it in your eyes that you're in love with him." spoke Kyo.

Tohru looked down and Kyo put a hand on her shoulder. "Look, I know you love me and care about me. Pretty much a lot more then anyone else ever has, you know? But at the same time, I'm not gonna keep dating someone who is only trying to protect me. I know you didn't mean in, I know you love me more then my mother did. You accept the real me. But you know, I told you once to speak up for yourself a little more. And this time I had to watch you gravitate to him and then make the decision. Just promise me, promise me this. We'll always be the best of friends." spoke Kyo.

Tohru looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry Kyo, I never meant for this." she spoke and clutched a hand to her heart.

Kyo just nodded and Tohru hugged him, he did turn into a cat of course but he hugged her back as best as possible before he turned back and redressed himself quickly while she looked away.

Kyo then walked back inside and sat next to Kagura while Tohru went to her room, a little confused by the events that had just occurred. Kagura looked at Kyo while he began to speak.

"She's in love with Yuki." spoke Kyo.

"What?" asked Kagura a little confused.

"Tohru, she's in love with Yuki, so I broke things off with her." spoke Kyo.

"But Yuki's with Haru." spoke Kagura.

"And I assume Yuki's in love with them both." spoke Kyo.

"How in the world does that work?" asked Kagura.

"I suppose you could say their love doesn't hold jealousy, not like mine does." spoke Kyo.

"So you're in love with Tohru but you're not with Tohru?" asked Kagura.

"Yeah I'm in love with Tohru and not with Tohru. It sucks but at the same time, I want her happiness." spoke Kyo.

"It's like when I gave up on you." spoke Kagura.

"But you haven't really, right?" spoke Kyo.

"I...I do still love you Kyo. But I wanted your happiness above all else." spoke Kagura.

"So maybe we've all been too busy trying to make everyone else happy and we haven't noticed what's been in front of us the entire time." spoke Kyo.

"Hm?" asked Kagura.

"I mean if Tohru had tried to make herself happy she would be with Yuki already, if you had done the same you'd have me, and Haru is finally making himself happy." spoke Kyo.

"So we should all be less selfless?" spoke Kagura.

"Selfish, selfless, we're all humans, it's hard to really know. But I think Tohru never thinks of herself and we've all been learning to out others first, the problem is that it winds up having everyone not being truly happy." spoke Kyo.

Kagura nodded and sighed. "So now what are you going to do Kyo?" asked Kagura.

Kyo placed his hand on Kagura's and she looked at him a little shocked. "I know it's quick I suppose but...maybe I never gave you the chance you deserved. And maybe it's been on my mind when I thought it wouldn't be." spoke Kyo.

Kagura smiled a little. "Another chance, yes I'd like that." she spoke and she leaned in kissing Kyo softly on the lips. She'd learned to control her emotions around Kyo, and yet inside she was fluttering as she kissed Kyo and he kissed her. Meanwhile Tohru was in her room, she smiled a little looking up at the moon. But down in front of her room was Yuki looking up.

"Miss Honda." spoke Yuki.

She looked down and smiled at him. "Yuki." she spoke.

"What's wrong?" he asked seeing her eyes.

"Kyo and I...we broke up." she spoke with a sigh.

Yuki's heart lit up and yet hurt for her. "I'm sorry." he spoke.

She looked down at him and smiled. "Don't be, I'm just glad he was ok. I'll be ok too." she said.

Yuki nodded and sighed. "Well um if you ever need someone to talk to." he spoke shyly and awkwardly.

Tohru smiled and nodded, Yuki then went inside and went to his room where he sat down next to Haru.

"She's single." spoke Yuki.

Haru smiled at him. "You should go for it." he said.

"A-are you sure?" asked Yuki looking at Haru.

Haru pulled Yuki close against his chest. "I'm sure, I know you won't leave me even if you manage to be able to date her." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded. "Well maybe I should wait, she seemed really down. I mean maybe tomorrow or a few days from now." spoke Yuki.

"Why not white day?" Make it something special." spoke Haru.

Yuki nodded and smiled a little, soon the both of them were asleep, and Yuki began to plan after that what he would do.

The next day Uo and Hana found out what happened, but Tohru explained to them why it had happened. Uo sighed and looked over at Yuki as she stood there with Tohru.

"So you want the prince, huh?" she spoke.

Tohru nodded. "But I don't want to cause problems any sort of way for him and Haru." she spoke.

"No it's not like that." spoke Hana looking at Yuki.

Hana looked to Tohru then and smiled at her a little.

"You know, Yuki's worried about not being good enough for you. It's in his signals. He wants you just as much as you want him, but he wants the moment to be special." spoke Hana.

"You really are psychic, aren't you?" spoke Haru as he had overheard that.

Hana turned and looked at Haru. "Yeah Tohru, just give it a little time." spoke Haru with a wink.

She blushed horribly and Kyo looked to Kagura at the gates of the school, as he kissed her there, she smiled at him.

"I'll be at Shigure's when you get back." spoke Kagura.

Kyo nodded and walked into the school, where Uo of course began to pick on him about his public display of affection. Meanwhile Tohru looked to Yuki and he looked to her, both playing around this, Yuki then looked down at the charm Haru had gotten him and took Haru's hand in his own happily.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Author: Please Review
Sign up to rate and review this story