Categories > Original > Romance > Rescuing Dan

You're Getting Me A Present?

by nici160 0 reviews

Phil gets a surprise and Dan is cute

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2012-09-15 - Updated: 2012-09-15 - 2470 words

0Unrated
Dan grabbed Phil’s hand and led him towards the university. Once they were changed and Dan had his belongings, Dan led the boy towards the train. “I have a surprise for you.”

Phil smiles widely. “A surprise?!” his eyes lit up. “I love surprises! What is it?”

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you, now would it? Anyway we’re almost there.” Dan could see Taronga Zoo coming into sight. “We’re getting off now.”

Phil looked around. “W-where are we Danny?” He stood and shuffled to the door with Dan. “These trains are so weird,” he whispers to himself. He reached for Dan’s hand but pulled away. He didn’t know how comfortable Dan was with holding hands in public.

“Just trust me Phil. You’ll thank me when we get there.” Dan grabbed Phil’s hand and squeezed it letting the boy know he was there. Dan led Phil towards the gates of the zoo and bought their tickets. They made their way to the gondola and hopped in. “Have you figured where we are yet?”

Phil looks around, frowning. He looks at all the animals. “A zoo…” he whispers, still frowning. He didn’t get what Dan had planned. “We’re in a zoo…” he thought over.

“Don’t you love zoos? You said they were your favourite place. We can stay with the lions until we need to leave if you want.” Dan started to worry. He thought Phil would be happy but instead he is all frowny. Dan didn’t like frowny Phil at all.

Phil’s frown disappeared and he jumped on Dan, all smiles. “You are fucking amazing! No one has ever done anything this wonderful for me!” Phil plants soft butterfly kisses all over Dan’s face. “Amazing boy. Perfect boy.” he mumbles over and over. “My boy. Taking me to see lions. Wonderful boy.”

“Anything for you Phil. I thought you’d like to see the Australian animals too while we were here… How about we do that before the lions? Then we can stay there as long as you want.” Phil didn’t know it but Dan was planning on buying the boy a stuffed lion at the gift shop. They got out of the gondola and walked out into the zoo.

Phil’s face lit up. “Australian animals? Like koalas and kangaroos?!” His smile was wide and his eyes sparkled. No one had ever done this for him. He hadn’t been to the zoo in years and this time, there was an extra bonus. He was with the boy he loved. He was with Dan. His Dan.

“Yes Phil, We can go see the Australian animals. That’s part of the reason I brought you here. I also brought my camera if you wanted to use it.” Dan grinned at Phil. He knew the boy made videos and would want to document this place.

Phil smiled more. “Perfect boy!” he cooed. He hugged Dan close. “Your amazing, I love you so much!” He looks into Dan’s eyes, wanting to lean in. Is Dan still waiting until they get back to England before they can touch?

“Its alright darling. I love you too.” Dan handed Phil the camera and took his hand. He led them towards the kangaroos.Phil squealed. “Kangaroos!” He runs to the cage and turns the camera on. “Hey guys, KANGAROOS!”

Dan smiled at how cute Phil was being. “Phil, you should probably tell them where you are first… Just randomly showing your viewers kangaroos will confuse them.” Dan laughed.

Phil giggled and nodded. “Well yeah, I’m in Australia, because I am and KANGAROOS!” He flashes the camera at the kangaroos. He looks at Dan. “Can I pet them?”

“Not these ones. There’s more in a walk in enclosure that you can pet. There’s also koalas you can hold.” Dan smiled at Phil as he marveled at the kangaroos. He was just so cute.

Phil smiled up at Dan. He turned the camera off so he could squat down at the kangaroos.”Hey there,” he spoke softly. “Hey there, you are so cute! Not the cutest thing I’ve seen…” He glances quickly at Dan. “But I guess your sorta close. You have brown eyes… I love brown eyes.” He leans in a little more. “I call brown eyes Dan eyes. After my Dan…”

Dan smiled. That was the cutest thing he had heard in a while. He wondered over to the boy and tapped him on the shoulder. “Did you wanna go and pet the kangaroos now?”

Phil spins around and smiles. “You mean it!? I get to pet one?!” He was bouncing with excitement.

“Yeah Phil. Come on.” Dan grabbed Phil’s hand and lead him towards the walk-in pen. Once they were in the door Dan stood still to see what Phil would do.

Phil smiled wide and handed Dan the camera. He didn’t look at Dan’s face as he ran to a kangaroo. “Pretty,” he cooed.

Dan smiled. He knew Phil was enjoying himself. “Did you want me to take some pictures?” Knowing the boy probably would, he turned on his camera and switched it to picture mode.

Phil didn’t respond. He was giggling. “Kangaroos,” he coos. He sits down and one comes up to him. Phil smiled, then sighed, thinking of Dan behind him. He decided to talk to the roo like last time.

Dan took some photos anyway, that way he would remember this day. He walked up behind Phil and taps him on the shoulder. He squatted down and said, “When we’re done here did you wanna hold a koala?”

Phil wipes his eyes and nods. “Let’s go!”

Dan led Phil over to the koalas and the keeper hands Phil a koala. Dan turns on his camera again and snaps a couple of pictures. “Did you wanna film a little bit?”

Phil giggles as the koala yawns and sleeps on his shoulder. “Oh yeah. Thank for the reminder…” He shuffles awkwardly. “Um, could you film me, Danny?”

Dan turned his camera to film mode and pressed record before nodding at Phil. He could tell the boy was enjoying himself and this made Dan glad that he had brought Phil to the zoo.

Phil coos. “Koalas!” He smiles up at Dan. “Why does Australia have such adorable things?” He blushes at his not so subtle flirting.

“I dunno Phil. I guess it just happens.” Dan wasn’t going to react to Phil’s statement until he had stopped filming. “How about we head to the lions now? Or the red pandas?”

Phil scrunched his face up. “Aww! Don’t make me choose!” He gives the koala back and takes the camera away from Dan. He turns it off and stands close to the tanned boy. He let one of his fingers twirl around a curl. “How much time do we have?”

“An hour and a half before we have to check in… How about we go to the red pandas then the lions? Then you can check out the gift shop before we leave if you want.” Dan grabbed Phil’s hand and began to lead him to the red pandas.

Phil nods, allowing Dan to lead him to the red pandas. “Everything is so cute here!” He squees, squeezing Dan’s hand.

“Yeah. Everything is cute. Are you excited Phil? Now what noise does a red panda make? I have no idea…” They got to the little animals and Dan got his camera out once again.

Phil attempts to make a panda noise, failing terribly. He turns bright red when a red panda growls at him. “Oh God! I’m so sorry!” He says to the angry animal.

Dan laughed. “What was that? Maybe we should save the noises for the lions then…” Dan watched as Phil fangirled over the cute little animals. His face went bright red when he noticed he was staring.

Phil sees Dan looking and turns away. “See something you like?” He whispers softly, hugging his own, tiny frame close.

Dan cursed himself. “Why do I have to be so stupid? I know he’s not ready for that yet. Stupid, stupid, stupid.” He muttered to himself. He dug his fingernails into the back of his hand, punishing himself for being so stupid.
Phil, still hugging his tiny frame, turns to Dan and sees what he’s doing. “No, beautiful…” he whispers and takes Dan’s hand in his own. “No,” Phil kisses Dan’s hand and kisses the angry red spots.

“Why not?” Dan looks away from Phil. He was ashamed that he was caught. Phil should never have seen him like this.

Phil looked up at sad Dan. He moved Dan’s head so he could look into Dan’s eyes. “Hey, look at me beautiful.” He whispers sweetly. “Someone as amazing as you shouldn’t hurt over nothing. Don’t hurt yourself over my awkwardness and insecurity.” Phil leans in, their foreheads touching.

Dan closed the gap and placed an innocent kiss on Phil’s lips. He pulled away. “You shouldn’t see me like this. Punishing myself for my stupidity. Don’t look at me please.” Dan couldn’t stand being like this. His nails dug into the palms of his hands and he felt the skin break.

Phil squeaked. “D-Danny, no.” Phil leans in and kisses Dan with more passion. “No, no, no,” he begs against Dan’s lips. “I don’t care that you feel like you need to punish yourself. I get that beautiful, but when ever we are in public, no matter how much or how bad you wanna hurt yourself, we will come to me and hold my hand,” Phil squeezes Dan’s hand. “You can kiss me, hug me, cry on my shoulder. But not in public beautiful…” Phil smiles sadly. “If you do it… so do I, remember?”

Dan nodded. “Ok, I’ll try my hardest. Lets get a move on. We need to visit the lions and I’ve gotta do something before we leave for the airport.” Dan pulled Phil along towards the lion enclosure.

Phil smiled wide. “You’re gonna get me something?!” He smiles like a child.

“I’m not telling.” Dan poked his tongue out and laughed. The two boys got to the enclosure and Phil ran over to the lions. Dan laughed at the boy’s cuteness. He was falling in love with Phil and he couldn’t stop himself, but truth be told he didn’t want to stop.

Phil smiled and roared at a lion. It walked up to the edge of the cage and looked at Phil. He smiled. “Hey there! I’m Phil, Lion prince! Was my roar good? Was it amazing? Critique it for me.”

Dan fangirled a little. He loved Phil’s roar. “You forgot to draw the whiskers Mr Lion Prince.” Dan laughed and walked up to Phil squatting down beside him.

Phil giggles. “Very true, but you know who I am!” He coos to the lion, roaring again.

Dan grinned. “Yeah. I do.” He looked at the clock. “What time were we meant to check in at? Coz I still need to do something before we leave.”

Phil looked at his phone and sighed. “We should leave in half an hour to get there on time…” He smiled at the lions and sung, “Lions, lions, lions, lions, lions,” Over and over under his breath. “Oh right!” He turns to Dan. “I get a present!”

Dan nodded, giving in. “I wanna go see one last animal then we go to the gift shop, but no peeking, it’s a surprise.” Dan took Phil’s hand and led him over to the llamas. Llamas were his favourite animal. Once he got there he started to make llama noises.

Phil giggled, admiring how adorable Dan was with all the llama noises. He moved closer to Dan, still holding his hand. “You like llamas?”

Dan nodded. “Yeah, they’re my favourite animal. I can make a llama noise.” Dan grinned the opened his mouth and simply said “Mehhhhh.”

Phil giggled and hugged Dan. “Amazing! I think the llamas liked it too.”

“Really? You think so? We really need to get going.” Dan led Phil towards the gift shop. “No peeking.” Dan picked up a koala, a kangaroo and a lion. He took them to the counter and paid for them, asking for them to be in a non-see through bag.

Phil smiled and nodded. He grabbed a llama and ran up behind Dan. “Llamas!”

Dan laughed. “Yeah, it’s a llama Phil. Don’t we need to go check in? We need to hurry. England here we come.”

Phil nods. “To England!” He smiles widely, reaching for Dan’s free hand.

Dan laughed. “You can’t take the llama with you unless you buy it. And I’m guessing you don’t have money.” Dan squeezed Phil’s hand and slipped a $50 note into it. “Here. Buy some souvenirs. Save most of it for the airport though.”

Phil shakes his head, putting the toy back. “I already have the best souvenir… I got you.” He smiles wide.

Dan grins. “Thank you. But you have to get something to remember Australia by. Come on.” Dan led Phil back towards the trains and boarded one.

Phil nods. Dan leads him to a four seater. He smiles and moves close to Dan, cuddling into his side.

Dan puts an arm around Phil. He was glad he was leaving. He wanted nothing more than to be in England right now. “Are you excited to go home?” For once Dan didn’t care about the staring, he was content holding Phil in his arms. He felt so close to Phil at that moment, he never wanted it to end.

Phil nods, purring softly, closing his eyes. “I miss the gloomy weather. I miss the feel I have, walking around Manchester. Oh Dan,” he swoon, playing with Dan’s fingers. “I Can’t wait to take you home! To show you around!”

Their station was coming up and Dan made a move to get up. “Sorry Phil, as much as I’d love to stay here and snuggle, we have to get to the airport so we can go to England. We have 21 hours to snuggle on the plane.” Dan led Phil to the door, despite his pouting and protests and they entered the airport.

Phil clung onto Dan the whole time. He wouldn’t let the tanned boy out of his sight and before he knew it, they were boarding the plane. “This is right,” Phil whispers softly, squeezing Dan’s hand. “It feels right…”
Sign up to rate and review this story