Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Midnight Troupe

Happy Birthday!

by Mynameisnotimportant 0 reviews

I can't believe I'm almost done this thing.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-09-16 - Updated: 2012-09-17 - 1243 words - Complete

1Exciting
“That was a butt touch! Butt touch on Leslie!”
“Nuh uh!”
“Yeah huh! Get outta here!”
“No, don’t leave! I’m leaning on you!”
“Would you guys please shut the hell up?!” Frankie snapped. The two weeks had flown by, and it was now Christmas break. Everyone in Dorm five was staying over Christmas break. Sidney’s birthday was in six days, and he decreed that everyone should either be studying for finals in the New Year, or partying.

“This should be called ‘Socially appropriate group sex’ instead of Twister,” Leslie said. Gerard spun the spinner, ignoring Les’s comment. “Apple, right foot green.”
“Awesome. Twister champ, here I come!” she proclaimed, stretching her foot underneath Sidney’s ass to get across the board.
“I’m not okay with this.”
“Then sue me,” Apple snapped.
“Should I leave you two alone?” Les asked. He had his arm snaked over Sidney’s chest, his right leg over Apollonia’s left.
“Dude, if you leave, we’ll fall over like the great Jenga disaster of seventh grade,” Sidney said, arms shaking with strain.
“You hit the table and you know it.”

“Would you three please, please, please, SHUT UP?” Frankie shouted, throwing his math textbook at the Twister game. It hit Apple in the stomach, and she wobbled and fell, knocking over the other three.
“Ouch!”
“Rematch!”
“I fell last!”

Gerard sighed. “Do what you want. I’ve got stuff to do,” he said, throwing the spinner to the floor.
“You know my edict. Study or party.”
“I’ve already got my homework done!” Gerard protested.
“Then party!” Sidney shouted, disentangling Les from himself.
“...Can’t I just read a book or something?”

~*~

Sidney did spend a great deal with his friends. However, it was unbalanced. Either it was full-throttle party mode or buckled-down studying.
“How’d you do it?” Ray asked once.
“I’ve got a private stash of caffeine. I run an IV line from the bag into my bloodstream. Keeps me awake for ages,” Sid answered.
Everyone laughed that off uneasily. Frankie was the only person who noticed the twin needle marks in the crook of Sidney’s elbow.
~*~

“Y’know what we should do?” Les asked three days into the week.
“What?” Sidney replied. Both boys were crashed out on the floor, and bored.
“We should go porn hunting.”
Sidney looked up. “We should.”
“What hunting?” Ray asked. “You heard right, shamu. Porn hunting. The kids who go home for break are usually assholes. So while they’re gone we break into their rooms and go through their stuff and look for blackmailable substances,” Les explained.
“That sounds...interesting,” Ray answered.
“What’s porn?” Frankie asked.

~*~

On the day of Sidney’s birthday, Leslie woke up Dorm five at three in the morning, grabbed Sidney’s arm, and dragged him into the snow.
“AAH! OH MY GOD! COLD!” Sidney screamed, making a break back to his dorm. Leslie leaped forward, catching the back of Sidney’s pants, dragging both of them down.
“Happy birthday, best bro!” Les shouted, trying to pin Sidney’s arms to his sides.
“What the fuck is wrong with you?! I’m getting hypothermia!”
“Happy Birthday Hypothermia is the best kind!”

~*~

Shivering in the cafeteria, Sidney glared at Leslie. “C’mon. It was funny,” Gerard said, giggling.
“I can’t feel one of my balls. Does it look like I’m laughing?” Sidney griped, drowning his pancakes in syrup. On the other side of the table, Frankie had skipped the pancakes altogether and was chugging the syrup straight from the bottle.
“What other birthday surprises do you have for me? I react badly to birthday bumps, I’ll have you know. I will make you eat your fucking teeth,” Sidney said.
“You’ll see after breakfast,” Leslie replied, smirking.
“That is unbelievably sinister,” Sidney commented.

~*~

Crunching through the snow, John Gumb watched his younger brother be greeted by friends. It was nice what they did, this year. The younger boys had gone off and were building a snow fort, and Sidney and Les were celebrating.

Leslie had allegedly talked to everyone in the Midnight Troupe about this. Sixteen helium balloons had been inflated and tied to a tree. Walking there, Sidney got a kiss from everyone. Cheek, forehead, lips, ear, neck, shoulder, it didn’t matter. He wasn’t alone, like he had been some years. And he was loved, which mattered the most.
John watched Sidney lip lock a younger brunette amid cheers and wolf whistles. He should be there. He should.
He wouldn’t go.

Why should he? It’s not like he mattered anymore. Sidney was great, now, wasn’t he? All the kisses, all the girls, all the ideas, all the glory.
All the attention. All day, every damn day, same thing, it’s the Sidney Gumb show whether you like it or not. John was just a side character, just comic relief. Who on earth would appreciate the moon when the fool was putting up such a good show?
John’s breath shone silver in the cold air. He lit up a cigarette to stop thinking. He didn’t know why he hated his brother so much.
Surrounded by the crowd, laughing, Sidney looked around, and saw John. He waved enthusiastically, but John didn’t wave back.

Later, much later, Sidney left Gerard in charge of everyone and went out to party. “Just like the old days, huh?” Frankie asked, arm wrestling Mikey.
“Yeah! Wish I could take you guys, but knowing Leslie and the rest of the crew, it might get a bit...uh...inappropriate, really fast,” Sidney explained, rubbing the back of his neck.
“No problem. We’ll have our year, right?” Gerard said from the corner.
Sidney’s grin flashed. “Oh yeah.”

Hands crossed under his arms, Sidney stomped through the snow. He didn’t bring a jacket, and he was feeling it now.
A snowball hit him in the back of the head, quickly soaking the back of his shirt.
“Turn around.”
Sidney looked over his shoulder at his older brother.
“Haven’t seen you around lately,” he said. 
“Likewise, brother. Been having fun with your friends, or what? Partying non-stop? Girls everywhere? Snagging kisses from everyone, boy or girl? What happened to you, Sidney?” John asked, bending down to roll another snowball.
“Hey, fuck you, John! I’ve changed! I’m a better person,” Sidney spat, a disused tinge of anger in his voice.
“And there he is. My little brother. What took you so long?” John said, tossing the snowball in air and catching it.
“What’s up with you tonight?” Sidney asked.
“My little brother. The fighter. The martyr. The goddamn big hero. What does that make me, Siddy? I’m nothing. I’m Nobody! Nobody sees me, it’s killing me here!” John shouted.
“Bro-”

“STOP SAYING THAT! I’M NOT YOUR BROTHER!” John screamed.
Sidney froze. The silence that came between the two of them was suffocating. John was panting, rage, hate, and love flitting in his eyes.
“Yeah. Whatever. Happy Birthday, Sid,” John said, leaving.

(A.N. I'm almost done! That's amazing! I think it's impossible for me to develop Sidney for the better. He must always be in a constant state of angst. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but if you did, that's good too. As usual, thank you for reading this far, it's very nice of you.)
Sign up to rate and review this story