Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Twisted Summer

Chapter Two

by Pandor4 0 reviews

Harry Potter is moved to Severus Snape's home for protection after number four is demolished. Can Harry survive the summer at Snapes home? Prehbp HPSS

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry, Snape - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-14 - Updated: 2006-07-14 - 814 words

0Cliche
Harry stared at Dumbledore, stunned. When he finally found his voice the only thing he was able to say was, "What!" This was not suppose to happen, even though he did not want to admit it, that house had kept him safe from any trouble he might have faced during previous summers. Dumbledore sighed, his hands loosely clasped in front of him.

"The protection of the Dursley's house was lightened, because we knew they would be going to the station to pick you up, and we needed more people to come and protect the Hogwart's Express and Platform 9¾ today. Unfortunately, because of the wane in security, a group of death eaters were able to break the defenses by killing, you Aunt while she was at the market. Your Uncle and Cousin were in the house when it was demolished also." Dumbledore paused to let this information be acknowledged by Harry.

Harry was in shock. His only relatives were now dead, too. First Sirius and now the Dursleys. How many people would die this year because of him? Harry could not say however, that he felt any great remorse for the passing of the Dursley's, he just nodded for Dumbledore to continue.

"That means that you are left without a guardian. You understand?" Dumbledore asked, his voice serious. Guardian. Sirius. Dead. It took Harry a longer time to respond to Dumbledore this time.

"Yes. Who is going to look after me now?" He asked getting straight to the point.

Dumbledore nodded gravely, "Well, as headmaster of Hogwarts, I am to find a suitable guardian, within twenty-four hours." Another pause. Harry could tell there was something that Dumbledore did not want to tell him. He was dragging this point out far to long.

"Yes? So who have you chosen?" Harry asked, curious to know who would be his new guardian. He hoped, that Remus would take over Sirius's guardianship.

"Severus has agreed to become your guardian" Dumbledore said quickly, looking over at Snape who had been quiet through the entire conversation. Harry had even forgotten that he was there, but now he looked over at Snape with surprise and disgust, before turning back to Dumbledore.

"What! Him? You must be joking..." Harry began, but the serious look in Dumbledore's eyes told him that this was indeed no joke. "But...But, sir, we don't get along well. Surely there must be someone else that could do it, Lupin...the Weasleys...?" Harry desperately, did not want to be connected to Snape in any way.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but it is already officially approved by the ministry. Besides, Lupin's lycanthropy does not allow him to be accepted by the ministry, and the Weasley's have enough children of their own to look after, rather than having to have one more added to their house, although I am sure they would have agreed if I asked them. Besides, Severus has my full confidence. You will do well together."

Harry had stopped listening after the first words had left Dumbledore's mouth. "You mean, it is official? It can't be changed now?" He asked weakly as he glanced over at Snape, who let no emotions slip out from behind his cold mask, as he watched Harry.

"No, It can't be changed now." Dumbledore said. "You will be living with Severus for the remainder of the summer, until school starts again. I am sorry, but I have some other business that needs to be attended to. I will leave you to get to know each other." Dumbledore said quickly, and before either of the two people sitting could protest, Dumbledore had apparated out of the room.

Harry looked glumly over at where Snape was sitting. 'Now what?' He thought to himself, as he observed the man in front of him. He still had the same, stiff teaching robes, that he wore around Hogwarts on, and his hair was still just as greasy as it was before. Harry wondered if he should say something, anything to break the unnerving silence that surrounded him, but Snape did first.

"Crafty old coot." Snape muttered to himself before continuing on in a louder voice. "Mr. Potter, you will be staying here for the remainder of the summer. All of your things have been moved to one of the guest rooms. Maren will show you the way." He said, as a house elf popped into view. Harry looked down at the elf, and by the time he looked back up, Snape was already across the room and at the door and gone.

'Great.' Harry thought to himself. 'Some great summer this will be. Stuck here with Snape, no, it didn't seem like Snape even wanted to see him. He had left without saying anything, but that he would be in a guest room.' He sighed inwardly and looked back down at the elf. "Well, shall we go?" Harry asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story