Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

Gerard stopped the car “I’m gonna fall asleep any second.” He said, yawning “We need to stop now and get some sleep.”

“In the middle of the desert?” Molly asked “Won’t we freeze to death?”

“No, we’ll light a fire.” Gerard told her “And I brought sleeping bags and pillows and stuff. I always think ahead whereas you guys rely on me for everything.”

“Half asleep and he still manages to nag us.” Penina muttered sleepily “Come on, let’s just get some sleep.”

“Mommy, I’m tired!” Draven moaned.

“I know Baby, we’re gonna go to sleep though now.” Raven yawned, lifting Draven up and getting out of the car “Where are the sleeping bags then?”

“In the boot.” Gerard got out the car, walked round and opened it up then started to hand them out to everyone.

I settled my sleeping bag in between Stella and Ben “Is everything okay with the baby?” Ben asked, placing his hand on my stomach “What with all the stress and stuff.”

“Everything will be fine, don’t worry.” I replied “The baby will be born and he or she will be just fine, honestly.”

“Shut up!” Gerard snapped, lighting the fire “Time to go to sleep now.”

“Shouldn’t we have a look out?” Jennifer asked.

“I’ll do it.” Carl volunteered “I’m not that tired. I don’t mind looking out; I’ll just sleep in the car when you want me to wake you up. So please could you let me sleep then and not talk and stuff?”

“That seems fair.” Gerard said “Alright then, night everyone.” He kissed Lucy and then settled down to go to sleep.

“I love you Stella.” I whispered, settling down in my sleeping bag “I’m really sorry about what happened to you. What did they do to you?”

“Mainly asked me questions.” Stella muttered, sliding further into her sleeping bag “They cut my arm five times but it could’ve been way worse. I got let off easy.” Stella shuddered “They showed me some videos of what they’d done to your friends and it was heaps worse than what they’d done to me. I can’t believe I didn’t run away with you when you asked me to all those years ago.”

“Don’t worry, we’re okay now.” I reached my hand out of my sleeping bag and Stella took hers out of hers as well and I took her hand “Don’t worry about anything, me and the others will look after you now.”

“Guys, could you maybe go to sleep now please?” Raven asked sleepily as Draven got out of Ray’s sleeping bag and climbed into hers.

“Yeah, sorry. Night.”



We were woken up only three hours later by Carl and Gerard “You guys can try to sleep some more in the car but we really need to move on now.” Gerard said “Yeah, I know, I’m sorry, but we need to go.”

“It feels like I didn’t sleep at all.” Penina groaned.

Nearly all the kids were so exhausted they were crying and the moment we got into the car, everyone went straight back to sleep. I sat in the front with Gerard “Where are we going?” I asked him quietly. I wanted to keep him awake but keep the others asleep.

“I don’t know, as far away as we can get I guess.” Gerard sighed “I didn’t want to leave. I feel like such a wimp.”

“There was nothing we could do.” I said “When we defeated BLI the first time there were hundreds of citizens willing to support us. There’s only us now. So long as we’re all safe, that’s all that matters right?”

“Your parents are still in that city.”

“I know but they liked the BLI lifestyle. They hated the fact that we made everything colourful. Whenever I went over to their house they’d tell me they hated me and what I’d done to their town.” I sighed “I hate my parents.”

“I loved my parents.” Gerard bit his lip “That’s why I get so protective over Lucy, Hozzie, Mikey and Rosie.”

“I’m really protective over Stella. I guess it’s just natural to be protective over the people you love.”

“I don’t know what to do!” Gerard suddenly told me “I don’t know where we’re going or how far we’re going to drive or anything.

“I’m sure everything will work out.” I whispered “So long as the draculoids don’t catch up with us then we’ll be fine, right?”

“But we need somewhere proper to live. We can’t stay in the car. We need a proper town with a school and houses and- I want my kids to grow up in a proper area. I want them to forget the nightmare of being trapped at BLI.”

“Well I want that for my kid too.” I thought about it “What if we find another town? And we tell them about the monsters at BLI and they decided to help us out. Do you think that could happen?”

Gerard suddenly grinned “I guess we’re about to find out.” I looked at the road ahead of us and found what Gerard was staring at. Far away in the distance I could see houses. We’d found a town!
Sign up to rate and review this story