Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck Between Hell and High Water

Stuck Between Hell and High Water - 6

by Poppana 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-09-27 - Updated: 2012-09-27 - 1427 words

1Moving
A/N: Chaptaaaaaaa SIX. Whoah, awesometastic, amiright? I didn't think so. Oh and I know this progresses very fast but it's supposed to. It's not going to be an overly long story like some of my other ones...

Chapter 6: Jailhouse Rock

Mother was in a bad mood. She screamed, she shouted, she yelled, she raged about everything and everyone.

A man had come by. He did things to mother, like all the others. And sometimes those things didn't work out. Sometimes, after mother finished with them and asked for payment, they refused to pay. This was one of those times. Only worse.

He had hit mother, and he had punished her for something she didn't even do. It made mother very angry. And as he was leaving, the man had crouched down beside Olivia in the corner where she was huddled in fear, and he had told her to say hello to her daddy from him. And he had laughed as he left. A cold laugh that sent chills down Olivia's spine.

And as usual, Olivia paid the price for everything.

She was aching everywhere. There were purple bruises around her wrists, as well as all over her body from where she had been kicked, there was a cut right under her eye (it was a miracle how the sharp nail had missed her eye), and she was pretty sure that large amounts of hair had been ripped off of her head, at least judging by how much her scalp hurt.

Mother had fallen asleep, finally. She was wearing her usual robe, sprawled across the couch, twitching in her sleep and snoring. Olivia had grabbed an old packet of peas from the freezer, and was holding it on the parts of her body that were hurting. She sat on the floor, next to the freezer, shaking from the pain as well as from the cold.

Olivia might've been only nine years old, but her thoughts were very grim. She knew for a fact that if this went on, she won't live to see her tenth birthday. She almost wished mother would just kick her out, get rid of her. Olivia would much rather live on the streets than suffer in this cramped little trailer.

A shooting star must've flown over her right when that thought entered her head.

______________________________

It was nearly 6 AM, which to Gerard, Mikey,
Ray and Frank was pretty much midnight. Why go to bed in the evening and wake up in the morning, when you can go to bed at the crack of dawn and sleep past noon? Honestly, they were just preparing for the rockstar life.

But this one particular night they hardly got any sleep. Few minutes past 6 in the fucking morning, the phone rang. And while they were happy to still have the phone working (the phone company had threatened to turn it off after they failed to make payment for four months in a row), they still all were very annoyed when it started ringing at this god forsaken hour. All four of them turned over on their beds and simply covered their heads with pillows (apart from Frank, who had lost his pillow in a bet, and used his fluffy stuffed puppy toy to block out the noise).

When the phone kept ringing annoyingly, Gerard, feeling like a martyr, crawled out from underneath the covers, got up and went to pick up the phone.

"Yeah?" he muttered, not realizing he was holding the receiver backwards. Eventually he got it, and holding it properly, he repeated the very unenthusiastic 'yeah'.

At first he couldn't understand why Don was calling them at this hour, but as Don explained everything, Gerard felt himself becoming very, very awake.

Half an hour later Gerard arrived at the police station, sloppily dressed in Ray's shirt and Frank's boots. He had already gotten to the car when he realized he wasn't wearing any pants, which
meant he had to wake up the others because he'd forgotten the keys to the apartment. But eventually he made it to the police station where his dad had phoned from.

Don was being held in a miserable little cell with two other men. The other one had that crazy look in his eyes and looked like he was going to stab the next person who spoke, while the other one was quietly humming and swaying on the floor in fetal position. Don, feeling
healthy fear towards this pair, was sitting as far away from the two of them as
possible.

"Dad?" Gerard asked from the door of the little cell. "What the hell?"

"Thank god," Don sighed. He rose from the bench that was outlining the back wall of the cell and came to the door. His new roommates didn't seem to like the change; the big crazy one
grunted and flexed his muscles, while the small crazy one rocked on the floor faster and began to weep pathetically. A policeman was standing by, far enough so that he couldn’t hear them if they lowered their voices enough, but still looking very aware of everything so he could stop any attempts of any funny business.

"What did you do?"

Don didn't reply right away. He knew Gerard was horrified. Sure, they didn't live exactly by the law all the time, but they'd never been taken into holding and stuffed into a cell with two other
people who clearly needed to be in padded cells with straight jackets.

"I got into some trouble," Don said, lowering his voice so that only Gerard could hear. "The money... I borrowed it from this man who... Well, he got very aggressive about wanting it
back."

Gerard had known that money would be a problem. The way Don had refused to talk about it made it very clear that it wasn't just a simple loan.

"Who did you borrow the money from?"

"His name is Ike. He’s... Well, it doesn’t matter. Just know that he’s very dangerous. Gerard, if I get convicted, which I probably will, you have to promise me that you’ll lay low. Same goes
for your brother. It would be best if you all leave town, go somewhere else and start fresh. I know he’ll come after you for the money, and -”

“Dad, don’t be stupid. We’ll be fine,” Gerard assured him. “What did you do to get arrested?”

Don sighed, and rubbed his eyes tiredly. Gerard was amazed at how the man seemed to have aged decades in one night. “I really needed the money, you have to understand that. You know the liquor store across the street from the cinema?”

Gerard groaned. “Dad, you didn’t try to rob the liquor store, did you?"

"Oh no, I managed. It was when I was trying to leave that I got caught. A police car happened to drive by. Not my brightest moment. But Gerard, I didn't have any other choice. I was running out of time and..."

"What made you so desperate? Did he threaten to kill you or...?"

Don hesitated. For a moment he considered telling Gerard about Olivia. Telling him that he and his brother had a younger sister they never even knew existed. Telling him about the secret he'd been covering up for years. Then he decided that no, there was no need for these two lives of his to collide. It was better for all of them.

When he got no answer, Gerard said: "So what happens now?"

"Now... I suppose you boys need to figure out how to get by on your own. I'm going to get convicted, I'm sure of it. "

"Will you be alright?" Gerard asked. What a question.

"I'll be okay, don't worry about me. I'll manage. But you, you need to take care of Mikey. He's a bit... You know."

"Yeah it's not Mikey I'm worried about..." Gerard admitted with a small grin. Frank would absolutely freak out. Ever since Don bought them those instruments, Frank had developed a gigantic man-crush on him. But as he was leaving the police station, he began to feel even worse. Now his dad was waiting for trial for robbery, just because of this stupid band thing. It was all his fault, Gerard figured. How could he not blame himself?

One thing was for certain. There was no way things could get worse. This was rock bottom, and if there were any more horrible surprises popping into his life, making him miserable, Gerard would absolutely lose it.
Sign up to rate and review this story