Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck Between Hell and High Water

Stuck Between Hell and High Water - 7

by Poppana 15 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-09-29 - Updated: 2012-09-29 - 1068 words

1Exciting
Chapter 7: Olivia

Frank literally had tears in his eyes. When Ray asked him if he was alright, Frank waved his hand and looked away, mumbling something about having dirt in his eye. The Baywatch theme song blasted from the TV once again, but none of the four young men were particularly interested in the exciting adventures of the life guards at the moment.

“Turn it off,” Frank sobbed through the weeping. “It doesn’t feel right to watch Pam’s boobs bounce around if Don’s not here. We used to watch it together...”

Gerard and Mikey glanced at each other, both mildly disturbed by the comment. This is how it had been for the past two weeks, ever since their father had unsuccessfully attempted a robbery to pay back his loans. Don had been convicted to two years in prison; a sentence that Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Frank found extremely unnecessary. So he tried to rob a liquor store! It’s not like he killed anyone.

They hadn’t quite recovered from the shock. Don was mostly law-abiding, though he had slipped a bit from that road when his wife, Gerard and Mikey’s mother, had passed away years ago. Still, none of them understood what possibly could have driven Don into going to such extreme measures to get the money.

“I’m serious,” Frank screeched. “Who has the remote?!”

“There isn’t one,” Mikey reminded him. “You tried to eat it last week, remember? Comfort eating?”

Outraged, Frank stood, grabbed a hold of the smallish TV, pulled it so that all the wires ripped off, and threw it out of the open window.

“Where are you going?” Gerard asked Frank when he marched to the front door.

“To the bar. I have to punch someone in the face!”

“Hang on, I’ll come too,” said Mikey, who followed the short guitarist out.

Gerard and Ray, however, remained sitting. “What will we do?” Ray asked.

Gerard shrugged. “What we always do. Drink.” He knew that wasn’t the answer Ray was looking for, but honestly, he was just too tired with everything to even consider what they’ll do if Ike and his goons come looking for them for the money. He was hoping that Ike would just forget about it now that Don was in the slammer. Of course, it was a pretty far fetched idea, and he knew it.

So they did what they could. Followed Frank and Mikey to the bar so that they could drink their brain cells into a mush.

___________________________

Ray had no trouble holding the very drunken Frank up. For the past few days they’d been doing the exact same thing. Drink. But tonight, Frank had been the only one to drink to the point of drunkenness.

“Let me go or I’ll kill you!” Frank threatened, trying to get away from Ray who would not let go, for whatever reason. They were just leaving the bar; it was already past 2 AM. Gerard and Mikey both had cigarettes lit and were smoking in peace, leaving all the heavy labour of handing Frank to Ray.

“Calm the fuck down, will you,” Ray sighed, though he really wasn’t even struggling to hold in tact the drunken fury that was Frank.

“No! These tits cannot be calmed! I wanna fight someone! Let me beat someone up!” Frank screamed, and then pointed at a man that was standing not too far ahead of them. “There! My opponent!”

And while Frank tried to attack this man, the rest of them instinctively slowed their pace. The man faced them with an eerie smile on his face, and instantly another man who Gerard first mistook for a hairy albino gorilla stepped out from behind a white van. The first man was scrawnier, and he was wearing the most ridiculous cowboy boots.

“Boys,” the man said, sounding somewhat delighted. “I’m so glad I ran into you.” When he got no response from the four men, who had now stopped walking, he continued: “You may not know me. You can call me Ike. I’ve been doing business with your father.”

“We don’t have anything for you,” Gerard said loudly, trying to sound authoritative. As ridiculous as this man looked, he somehow emitted a very dangerous feeling.

“Now, now,” Ike laughed. “You may want to be a bit more humble. After all, good old Don does owe me quite a bit, and if I don’t get what’s mine, something might happen. Something unfortunate.”

“And what exactly is that?”

Ike grinned. “You think just because Don is behind bars, I don’t have access to him? How long has he been there now? A week? Two? Why don’t you go see him. His looks may have been altered a bit. I always make sure to have some friends in prison, for situations like this. You understand, don’t you?”

“You think that will make us give you cash?” Gerard scoffed, though in reality, he was very nervous for Don. The man wasn’t one to fight.

“Well, there is that other thing... Olivia. What a sweet girl. I’m sure Don would be devastated if something were to happen to her.”

Gerard furrowed his brows, but didn’t ask the question all four of them were thinking about. Who the hell was Olivia, and why would Don care?

Ike stepped forward and looked Gerard, who to Ike seemed to be the leader of this little gang, straight in the eyes. “A month. And I get my money back. If not, people will start dropping dead. Do I make myself clear?” He didn’t get a reply, but he smirked at the sight of their solemn faces. “Good. I will be in touch.”

They watched Ike get into the van with the gorilla, and waited for it to drive away. Ray removed his hand from Frank’s mouth which had served the purpose of silencing him, and wiped it on his pants. Frank had licked the hand the whole time so it was covered in saliva.

Just as Ray opened his mouth to speak. Gerard hurried off. They followed him, but none of them spoke. Drinking and ignoring all problems had been a good idea until now. Now Don’s life depended on this money, as well as someone else’s life. Someone called Olivia.
Sign up to rate and review this story