Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Chapter 2

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

George takes advantage of the moment to surprise Pattie himself.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison - Published: 2012-09-27 - Updated: 2012-09-27 - 685 words

0Unrated
Soon, Pattie and George’s stomachs were growling.

“Well, I guess I should finish getting dinner ready,” Pattie replied, walking into the kitchen.

“Can I help?” George asked.

“No, silly, you’ll probably ruin everything!” she teased, poking his nose.

“Please?” he asked.

She thought about it for a moment. “Oh, alright,” she gave in. “Come with me!”

George helped more than Pattie ever imagined. He stirred well, barely spilled, and even suggested another ingredient to add to their soup. “Wow, Georgie,” she said, hugging him from behind, “I’m impressed with your newly found cooking abilities!”

He chuckled and said heroically, “Well, what are boyfriends for?” But once these words flew out of his mouth, he frowned. “Wait a minute...” He looted at Pattie. “What are we going to do?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I mean, you’re pregnant, but... We’re not married...”

“I know, Georgie, it’s possible... You know how babies work by now, don’t you?”

“Oh, I know PLENTY about it,” he said, “but what if people found out about it? We’ll never hear the end of it...”

“That’s true,” she said with a sigh. “I never thought about it... I’m sorry, George... I just got so excited and forgot that little detail...”

“Well, who have you told?” asked George.

“No one but you... I wanted you to know first.”

He smiled softly. “Thanks, sweetheart.”

“You’re welcome,” she replied. Then, George gained an idea.

“Pattie, what time is it?”

“Um, about quarter to seven... Why?”

“I’ll be right back--meanwhile, grab your jacket!”

“What about dinner?”

“We’ll worry about that later--this is more important!”

Wow--this MUST be big! Pattie thought as she did as he asked. He admitted there’s something more important than food! Once George was back, he grabbed his coat as well and they left the house and got into the car.

“Where are we going?” Pattie asked.

“You’ll see,” George replied. About fifteen minutes later, they got to their destination.

“Where are we?” she asked, starting to open the door.

“First of all, you’re staying in the car,” George said. “Second of all, we’re at Eppy’s.”

“What are we doing at Brian’s house? You’re not going to ask him what to do, are you?”

“No--you’ll see when I get back.” He got out and walked over to Brian’s door. Pattie watched him and sighed, wondering what on earth he could be doing. A few minutes later, he came back out with a big smile on his face and told her to get out of the car.

“What? But you just told me I was staying in here!” she said, confused.

“Please, Pattie...” he said with a begging look in his eyes.

“Alright...” She got out of the car. “What is it?”

“Pattie Boyd,” George started, going down on one knee like they both had dreamed before, pulling out a small box, “will you marry me?” Inside was a ring.

She smiled and hugged him. “Of course I will!” she said, tearing up happily. He hugged back and kissed her softly.

“Is this why you needed to come here? Did Brian have the ring?” she asked.

“No,” he said, “I had to ask him if it was alright that we get married... You know, since he’s my manager...”

She chuckled. “So... He knows nothing about the baby?”

“Nope--I said nothing about it.”

“Alright... But... Where’d you get the ring?”

George smiled softly, blushing slightly. “Well... I’ve had it for a while now... I’ve been trying to find a way to propose to you, but it was hard to figure out when...”

She smiled and Eskimo-kissed him. “I’m glad you did... I’ve been dreaming about it for a while now...”

“So have I...” Suddenly, their stomachs growled again. “Maybe we should get back home... I don’t want our baby to starve!”

Pattie smiled at him and they got back into the car to drive back home and eat their soup, which had probably become cold now.
Sign up to rate and review this story