Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Chapter 4

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

George is excited about the news that he hasn't told the boys--until he gets home.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison - Published: 2012-09-29 - Updated: 2012-09-29 - 567 words

0Unrated
Finally, it was Tuesday. George had one more day to wait to tell the others the rest of his great news. He had always been tempted to ask John about what it takes to be a father, but he knew he had to wait... Oh well, he’d just ask tomorrow.

“GEORGE! ANYONE HOOOOOOME?!” a voice boomed. And wouldn’t you know it, it was John himself!

“Thank you very much, John.” Brian said impatiently, rubbing his forehead.

“Huh? Oh, sorry Eppy.” George said.

“He wasn’t the one talking--I was!” John said. “Know the difference your Beatles and your manager, young man!” George stuck his tongue out at him and finished tuning his guitar.

“Anyway, George,” Brian cut in, “I was just saying that we’re about to rehearse another number. Care to join us?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah.”

“Alright, then let’s get to it!”

“Yeah! We wanna go home!” John whined.

“Aw, cut it out, you git!” Paul said, taking a piece of paper, crumpling it up, and throwing it at John.

“HEY! What was that for?!” John asked, turning his head to Paul. But before Paul could answer, John grabbed another piece of paper, crumpled it, and threw it at Paul. The two kept having a paper-ball fight, Ringo tried to stop them but ended up getting involved, George stayed in his own little world, and Brian muttered to himself.

At last, Brain couldn’t take it anymore. “Just go home, all of you!”

“HOORAY!” John said, leaping away from the wad of papers. Soon, Paul and Ringo were chuckling behind him as George thought.

“George? You staying longer?” Brian asked.

“Huh? No, I’m just thinking... I ought to get home, see ya tomorrow!” With that, he joined the others and went home.


~~~


“Pattie, I’m ho-” George started as he walked in, but stopped at the sight of Pattie crying on the sofa. “Pattie?!” he rushed to her. “Pattie, what happened?! What’s wrong?!” The only answers he got were more cries, and he took her in her arms. “Tell me! Please!”

She looked at him weakly, tears streaming down red, hot cheeks. “I-I’m sorry, George...” she whimpered.

“What is it?!” he asked again. “Why are you crying?! Wait... It’s not a mood swing, is it?” She shook her head.

“I wish...”

“Then what is it?”

“I... We...”

“What?”

She cried a little more into her hands. George sighed, and, rubbing her back, he held her closer to him. “It’s alright, Pattie-cake... Daddy’s here...”

“That’s what I-I wanted to t-tell you...” she finally choked out. “George... W-we lost it... We lost the baby...”

He looked at her and blinked. “Wh-what...”

She cried again. “The doctor couldn’t find a heartbeat... I’m sorry...”

George tried to calm her down. “It’s alright, sweetheart,” he whispered, kissing her head. “Don’t be sorry... We can try again...” Pattie didn’t respond. In fact, she didn’t talk again until later that night when she felt a little better. But for now, she stayed in George’s arms and cried about their misfortune. He tried to comfort her again, but nothing seemed to work; she was too devastated. Even though he was disappointed himself, George was somewhat glad that Pattie wasn’t looking at him. As she cried in his arms, tears were coming down his face as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story