Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The booze I'm drinking

I'm so proud of you.

by We_can_live_forever 0 reviews

Gerard's first show sober. Let's see how it goes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-10-02 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 521 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey guys, Static Here, I would have finished quicker, but I had homework that was impossible, So I finished it in time to finish this fanfic. Hope you enjoy. THIS IS NOW IN GERARD'S POV.

For the first time, I walked out on the stage. Terrified but happy to see all the fans cheering, and they didn't care I wasn't drunk. They cared about us, The band that saved their lives and even saved mine. I smiled at the crowd, making them cheer louder, if that was even possible. Slowly, I approached the microphone, yelling out the words of welcoming. "HOW ARE YOU DOING, CHICAGO?" I yelled, stretching out the 'o' in Chicago. The crowd cheered back, as if they were saying they were good, making me smile more. The first song we played was our single of the summer, I'm Not Okay, I promise. The whole crowd cheered and screamed. "I'M NOT O-FUCKIN'-KAY!" I yelled, flipping off the audience, them not seeing any offence in it. With that Frank came up behind me, kissing my cheek, yelling his famous line, "Trust me."

The whole performance went amazing, we had no difficulties, Bob did great, Frank didn't break anything, and I didn't freak out from the pressure of being sober. The crowd was great; We are pretty popular now, and we got the whole thing put together.

Once the show was over, we headed off stage, put up instruments, and met the fans. I really loved this part when I was trashed, and now is going to be great. The first person I approached was a young girl, looked about 14 or 15. She had black hair, parted on the side, with the tips and roots pink, and hair in her eyes. She was very happy to meet us. "This is my 3rd show of yours. You guys rocked!" She said, grinning. She got a different response than what expected, she smiled big. Every time she saw us, I was drunk or stoned. Being clean really affected my social life with the fans, instead of slurring "hah, I'm drunk." I replied "Thanks, it's nice to meet you!" and signed her notebook, and moved on. Fan after fan I think I met about 65. We headed to the bus and celebrated. The guys celebrated over me trying to stay clean, and Bob. Did I mention? Bob is staying. All is working out and Frank comes up, gently pecks at my lips. "I'm so proud of you." He said with a warm smile, holding my hand. He went straight to hugging me, patting my back like I was a kid who is getting rewarded for being good. Mikey, Ray, and Bob agree, but Bob is kind of missing the purpose of the whole thing.

The words Frank said that day, 6 years ago are still in my head, short but simple.
"I'm so proud of you."

This is the ending to my fanfiction. I love happy endings so here is a great one. Bob stays, Gerard gets clean, and the crowd still has faith in My Chemical Romance, the toughest rock band. This is Static signing off.
Sign up to rate and review this story