Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Xena Wins Again

by ukeueue 0 reviews

The water ripples and churns. A series of ficlets. 57 - In retrospect, she really should have been forewarned by Xena's initial response.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gabrielle,Xena - Published: 2012-10-04 - Updated: 2012-10-04 - 318 words - Complete

0Unrated
57. Xena Wins Again
5 February 2007
Gen


You'd think that after all these years, she'd be able to tell when Xena-related chaos was about to strike, but no. She had to go and step into it.

In retrospect, she really should have been forewarned by Xena's initial response.

"You signed Argo up for a horse pageant?"

Gabrielle raised her hands as if to ward off Xena's glare. "Oh, come on, Xena. You know how you're always talking about how difficult it is to make money? I, for one, am sick of fish and rocks on the ground."

A scowl. "I happen to like fish."

"Juicy, succulent pork? Tender young lamb?" Sensing Xena's pause, she drove in for the kill. "And you and I both know that Argo's the most gorgeous creature to walk the earth. Shouldn't we let others enjoy her beauty, as well?"

And that should have been that. Convincing Xena, however, was the easiest part of the fiasco.

First there were the equine beauty specialists. Xena refused to let them and their torture devices with all the curly bits anywhere near Argo, especially when the first thing they did was lift Argo's tail.

So, Xena, and of course Gabrielle because Gabrielle was her best friend and she'd always do whatever she could to help Xena, besides, this whole thing was her idea, right? spent the night grooming a horse.

All night.

It was past dawn before Xena let Gabrielle stagger off while she finished up on some minor details.

Then there was the judge. The enormous-stomached, fancy-coated judge. He prodded Argo for a moment before stepping back and saying, "Hmm… Good performance on the obstacle course, but… rather bulky. Not feminine."

Suddenly aware of a plunge in the temperature, the judge pivoted slowly to face Xena's black expression.

"What did you say, you tub of lard?" She ground out slowly.

Well, at least they got the prize money.
Sign up to rate and review this story