Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Linked

by ukeueue 0 reviews

The water ripples and churns. A series of ficlets. 60 - He gave her his goofy smile.

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gabrielle,Joxer - Published: 2012-10-04 - Updated: 2012-10-04 - 360 words - Complete

0Unrated
60. Linked
18 May 2007
G/J


It was far too early in the morning when Gabrielle made her way out of the kitchen, coffee in hand.

Joxer was leaning forward on the couch, game controller held loosely in his hands. His thumb flicked rapidly at the left joystick, and Gabrielle watched the little green figure leap off a high cliff before jerking upwards once he pulled out a magically expanding and shrinking leaf, and held it above his head in both hands like a parachute. He carefully navigated around huge thorny vines whipping through the sky to form an aerial maze, caught the edge of a local whirlwind, and landed on a tiny platform on the upswing.

Joxer leaned back and sighed. Barely a sliver of magic left, but he made it. The boy on the screen heaved at the lid of a chest over half his height, pushed it back, and leaned into the glowing interior. Spinning around to a burst of triumphant music, he held a blue and red heart-shaped container up above his head.

"Wow," said Gabrielle, "I was trying to do that all of yesterday."

"Hmm," Joxer managed, concentrating on getting back to a small red boat without falling from the scaffolding.

"Hey..." Gabrielle leaned over his shoulder, eyes narrowed. "Is that my file?"

"Hmm."

"You played my file, you--"

Joxer dropped the character back into the boat and handed her the controller. "You said you were having problems with the shooting galleries, right?"

Gabrielle nodded warily.

"I got both the quiver upgrades for you, and that piece of heart that was giving you problems." He stood and stretched until his back cracked soundly.

"You came over before I got up just to help me with my game?"

He gave her his goofy smile and kissed her on the cheek. "I know, I'm so cool, huh?"

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow at him, glad that she'd gotten Xena to teach her the trick to it.

Seeming not to notice her sceptical look, Joxer moved toward the kitchen, tripping over the coffee table on the way.

"Ooh, pancakes."

Gabrielle sighed fondly and followed him to claim a proper "good morning."
Sign up to rate and review this story