Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

“Crayon, I don’t know what to say.” Kat whispered “I wish I could pretend and tell you that it had but it hasn’t.”

“I don’t believe you!” I yelled “Have they brainwashed you Kat? I know the difference between fantasy and reality, thank you very much. I know that Gerard was real, I know that I really did got shot in the face twice, I know that I really did give birth to an amazing baby boy.” I looked down “It’s obvious. I was thirteen when I ran away and now I have the body of a twenty-one year old. That just proves I ran away.”

“Crayon, you ran away from BLI when you were thirteen. They caught you the same day. Eight years has still passed. Of course you have the body of a twenty-one year old.” Kat put her hand on my shoulder “Please stop shouting at me, it’s not my fault.”

“No Kat. I know that what happened was real. You stayed behind at that crap town where we had to work all the time because of what happened to your Dad.”

“My Dad?” Kat asked “My Dad’s still alive. They turned him into a draculoid. Every so often he’s taken off the medication so that he can talk to me. I suppose that’s rather cruel when you think about it from his point of view.”

“You can’t sit here and tell me that none of that was real!” I snapped “How could I make them all up? How could I make up Gerard who was the greatest man I’ve ever met? Or Lucy who was really nice when I first her but then turned into a bit of a bitch? And what about Penina? Are you telling me she wasn’t real? She was an amazing mother and she loved Frank so much. Don’t even get me started on Frank. How could Frank not be real? He was forever making jokes and playing pranks on people but he could be so sweet, especially when it came to Penina. I know that I didn’t make up Raven. She was the kindest girl I’ve ever met and she made me feel so welcome. And her boyfriend Ray was really strong yet so gentle when it came to Raven or their son Draven. There was Mikey who was Gerard’s brother and they cared so much about each other. He risked his life so many times for Gerard. And then there was his girlfriend Sam who was so funny and so smart too.”

“Crayon-“

“And there was Hozzie who was their little sister. You were the one who knew we she was still alive and then we saved her and every morning she made us all pancakes. What about Doctor DD? He was forever getting mad at me for getting on his nerves or complaining or asking him too many questions yet his wife Molly was the most patient woman ever. What about Jennifer? She was the most badass girl I’ve ever met, so brave yet she worried about her little sister Danielle nearly all the time. And then there were all the kids, Carl and Natalia, my boyfriend Ben, Hozzie’s boyfriend Jack… So many more! Bob for example! He was Jennifer’s boyfriend and he pretended not to love her because he was worried she wouldn’t love him back. How on earth could I make up so many people so vividly?”

“You didn’t know you were making them up.” Kat replied, shrugging her shoulders “They sound like nice people Crayon but they weren’t real. I wish they were real though because I’d love to meet them all.”

“You can meet them! We’ll escape BLI together and I’ll show you that they’re real!” I thought about it “Something must’ve happened when we crashed. Something that got me sent here.”

“But you told me you were in the front seat of the car crash. There’s not a scratch on you.” Kat put her arm around me “In time you’ll learn to accept that this is your true life.”

At that moment the door to the tiny prison cell opened and Kat was dragged out of the room by a draculoid. Korse was there. He smirked at me and walked away.

I knew what smirk meant. He thought he’d fooled me. Well he hadn’t.




It was so boring being locked in a tiny room with nothing happening to me at all. Twice a draculoid had entered the room and left me a slice of dry bread with a glass of water. Most of the time I laid on my back, put my legs on the wall and daydreamed about my friends who I knew definitely existed. I tried my best to think of what could’ve happened to get here. There was only one explanation that made perfect sense though. And that was what Kat had told me.

The light in my tiny room was flicked off and I guessed that was so that I could try and get some sleep. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep, hoping and praying that my friends weren’t just an illusion.



Yet again I was just a ghost, staring in at the room around me “Make it stop!” Levana shrieked, putting her hands over her ears and hiding underneath the table “Please make it stop!”

“I don’t know what to do!” Ezra yelled at her, following her under the table “Maybe if we’re really quiet then they won’t see or hear us.”

“But the babies won’t shut up!” Levana’s bottom lip trembled “They’re scared. I’m scared too.”

Ezra wrapped his arms around his twin sister and that was when I noticed the loud bangs and thumping noises. There were screams outside. I recognised them as the screams of my friends.




“Crayon? Did they hurt you? Are you okay?” A quiet voice asked me. I opened my eyes and found myself looking into Jennifer’s eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story