Categories > TV > Degrassi > Secrets We Keep Pt.2

Secrets We Keep Pt.2

by SecretlyInSlytherin 0 reviews

Things are about to change for everyone. (this will deviate from the story line of the show alot.)

Category: Degrassi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-03 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 988 words

0Unrated
Black flats, tights, navy blue and grey plaid skirt, white polo, and a matching blue button up sweater, mine's unbuttoned; I really don't like uniforms. Bullet for My Valentine plays loud over the speakers of my new black Corvette. My mom got it for me as an 'I'm sorry for moving you here' gift. It didn't work, I still hate her and this place, but it's nice to have a car.

I pull into my usual parking spot, and there, standing on the curb, is the preppy girl, Amy, waving at me as I shut the car off.

"Principal Smith like wants to see you in his office about your request to have me like stop showing you around school," Amy says skipping beside me as I walk towards the school.
"Super," I answer, glaring over at her before pulling the door open then making the right into the Principal's office.

The second week of school for me, halfway through the school year for everyone else, how can life get any worse? Pulled away from my friends, my home, everything I knew and dumped into the lame capital of the world. I hate Kansas.

Principal Smith's office feels stuffy and overly warm.

"Amy will continue to show you around the school until you can stop being late for class, Miss Tyler, end of discussion," instructs the principal pointing to the girl who is dressed in the same boring uniform I am.

"I just like totally know we are gonna be like best friends," says Amy in an overly enthusiastic voice as she leads me to English. This is the same speech she gives me every morning.

I've only been in Kansas for three weeks but it's simple to figure people around here out. Most girls wear Hollister or Abercrombie, all looking the same and most are on the cheer squad. Most of their fathers are farmers or work in some kind of industry dealing with farming and their mom's work from home. I don't fit in. My father's in and out of jail and my mom works for an international business company that deals with the farthest thing from farm equipment.

"Like I totally know this school might be like really confusing because it's like the biggest in the state but like I'll just wait for you," rambles Amy, taking a seat next to mine.

"Let me make a few things clear. One, this school could fit into Degrassi…twice with room left over so I don't need a tour guide and secondly, we aren’t friends. In case you can’t tell I’m nothing like you or any of the other fake Barbie dolls in this school," I say not caring how mean this sounds.

"Way to shut her up," the boy sitting to my left says with a smile.

"Can I help you?" I question turning to the boy.

"I'm Josh," he says holding out his hand.

I glance at it but don't take it, "Brianna."

He's got blue eyes, dark brown hair, white teeth, broad shoulders and nice hands but he's not Eli…none of these people are Eli or Adam or K.C. or any of my old friends. He's just Josh this new kid who said hi.

The teacher walks in and starts to talk. About half way through her speech on how wonderful Shakespeare is I fall asleep having already gone through this lesson.

When I wake up no one is in the room, not even the teacher. I stand, gather my bag and walk out the door. Walk back up the hall, push open the doors of the school and let the wind flow over me. Sitting on the front steps is Josh. He’s got a cigarette held between his fingers, smoke flowing out of his nose and mouth. So maybe I was wrong in my judgment before, maybe I’ve found someone who is similar to me.

Sitting down next to the dark haired boy I smile, pulling out a sketch pad. It was Eli’s going away present. Inside he attached a photo of us hugging each other, underneath that is one of him and Adam. The both of them drew me silly pictures. Scribbling away on a blank page I can feel Josh’s eyes on me.

“You’re really good,” he says, twisting his cigarette butt out under the toe of his shoe.

“Thanks,” I smile.

“Who are the two people in the front of the book?”

“Oh, that’s Eli and Adam. My two friends from Degrassi,” I answer, rubbing my thumb over Eli’s face. I miss him so much. I’d do anything to get just a text or a phone call from him.

John nods, “You really don’t like it here do you?”

I shake my head back and forth, blonde hair hitting me in the face, “Not one bit. I guess it’s a good thing I’m heading back to Degrassi in a little more than a month.”

“You just got here,” John remarks.

I don’t see why he cares.

“Yeah, but I’ve talked my mom into letting me go back, I’m not happy here.”

The boy nods, a frown set over his lips, “You’d like it more if you knew where all the things to do where.”

“I doubt that,” I answer, gathering my things.

“It’s worth a shot, isn’t it? Some friends and I are going out tonight after school, you should join us.”

For a few minutes I chew on my bottom lip. There’s really nothing wrong with going out. I would like to get out of the house and this would give me the perfect excuse. One night of ‘fun’ won’t hurt anything. “Fine, I’ll go.”

“Awesome, you’re gonna wanna follow the red truck,” John answers before disappearing back into the school.
Sign up to rate and review this story