Categories > TV > Degrassi > Secrets We Keep Pt.2

Naughty Little Devil

by SecretlyInSlytherin 0 reviews

naughty little devil in my head naughty little devil drives me mad naughty little won't stay away from me

Category: Degrassi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-08 - Updated: 2012-10-09 - 1159 words

0Unrated
As Claire strides forward to receive her award I move backstage, wanting to surprise her. I know Claire already told me that tonight she was playing the role of mediator between her parents but I’m sure they won’t mind if I steal her away. The two of us haven’t been out together since what happened before break. I think an outing will be good for us.

“So…so many people to thank, first off to our amazing director slash producer Declan Coin, and I’d like to thank the cast who stayed all those hours practicing to make the play what it was and all those who helped me. Finally my parents who instilled a love of theater in me at a very young age, thanks,” Claire says with a big smile on her face.
I’m proud of her.

As people clap, Claire walks off stage, her eyes growing wide as she sees me. I love the effect I have on her.

“Bravo, couldn’t have said it better, well maybe shorter….” I trail off, giving Claire a smile.

“Well are least you listened. My parents were losing their minds out there,” she answers with a small frown.

“Well at least you’ll soon be comforted by the disturbing pros of Chuck Palmic.”

Claire suddenly finds the dirty, wooden floor backstage very interesting.

I know exactly what this means, “Oh no, they said no.”

For a few more seconds Claire looks at the floor, chewing her lip. Suddenly her head springs up, a look in Claire’s soft blue eyes that I’ve never seen before, “So what, why should they get to ruin my night? Come on.”

I smirk, “You little devil.”

Claire just giggles before taking my hand and hurrying across the stage. A few people in the audience notice, giving us funny looks, most are oblivious.

Chuck Palmic is truly amazing. For an entire hour I was pulled away from everything that has been going on in my life, completely mesmerized by his words. In truth I was rather disappointed when the reading ended and Claire pulled me out into the real world once again.

“God, I love Palmic’s proems, they are just so forceful and dark,” I say, trying to keep the conversation going without forcing anything. Things between Claire and I will fall back into place, it might just take a bit.


Claire nods, “But not half as dark as his characters, geez, they r sociopathic.”

“But to be a true writer, you need some true damage to draw on,” I reply, remembering something Brianna told me once.

“I guess you’re half way to the Pulitzer then,” responds Claire just as her phone goes off.

Although her words sting just a bit I play it off as nothing; Claire’s just poking fun at me. I’ve got to learn to stop taking things to heart so much.

“Parents calling to end our fun,” I ask.

Stopping Claire glances down at her still ringing phone, “Doesn’t matter cause I’m not answering.”

I can’t tell if I’m enjoying the rebellious Claire or if it frightens me. She’s never been like this before. “An award authors talk and rebellion, a big night.”

“Hey,” Claire says, getting that look in her eyes again, “I can be rebellious.”

“Oh yeah,” I taunt, poking a little fun at her, “What’s up next, sneaking into an R rated movie?”

Those soft blue eyes shift to look at something behind me. Turning on my heel I see exactly what Claire is looking at…the bright, neon piercing sign. There is no way this is going to end well.

“Matching piercings?” Claire offers.

“Won’t your parents hate that?” I question, trying to deter her. It’s not so much that I have a problem with Claire getting a piercing it’s just that I’ve never been too found of needles.

Claire, not one to be stopped once her mind is made up, is already heading towards the door,” Definitely. What, scared to keep up with me?”

Given no other choice I follow right behind her. I guess I’m about to get over my fear of needles.

I don’t see how Brianna gets pierced as much as she does; these things sting. My ear feels like it’s on fire. Slumping into my chair I try to keep from rubbing the thing. I’m not sure how long this piercing is actually going to last.

“Let me see it,” Claire says with a slight laugh.

I shake my head, “No.”

“Eli,” she says, tilting her head to the left a bit, “let me see it.”

“Nope.”

“Please,” Claire begs, giving me puppy dog eyes.

“Okay –” pulling my hair back, I expose my ear so as to allow Claire to see the new piercing – “why didn’t you tell me this would hurt so much?”

“Rebellion is not for the faint of ear,” Claire says, picking up a bottle of hot sauce that is on the table, “But, here, nothing a bit of hot sauce won’t fix.”

I laugh, Claire joining in. I’ve decided I quite like this new rebellious side of the usually quiet brunette.

“I love first date Claire, do you think she’ll make an appearance on date number two?”

“Hey,” Claire says, pointing at me, “date one is not over yet.” Just then her phone rings yet again. “I’m an hour late mom, deal with it.”

I get that Claire wants to be rebellious and everything but her parents are probably really worried about her. Usually, Claire is well behaved and in much before her curfew. Brianna was always out late, ignoring calls and blowing off things. That was the way things worked. I don’t want Claire to be the same way. Her parents really do care.

“That’s the tenth time they’ve called, won’t they worry?”

“Who cares,” answers Claire, shoving her phone back into her purse, “let them.”

“I guess I care,” I say, looking her dead in the eyes. “I really like you, ergo, I want them to like me.”

“What’s not to like, Captain Curfew,” my date laughs.

I don’t understand why she thinks this is funny. Her parents are probably ready to send out a search party, “They’re gonna blame me for keeping you out so late.”

For a few seconds Claire twists the bracelet she is wearing around her fingers, the wheels in her head obviously turning. I wish I knew what went on inside that brain of hers.

“You know how public displays of affection are banned at school,” she starts, gently grabbing my tie, “could I convince you to stay out for some contraband kissing?”

Sighing I lean into her, our lips brushing together. I suppose I can let her stay out just a little bit later.
Sign up to rate and review this story