Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

13- Looking Up

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

Christian and Anna argue.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-10-17 - Updated: 2012-10-17 - 1730 words

1Exciting
“Are you sure you want me to drop you off?” Jon asked, as he pulled his car to the curb. “I could wait out here for you.”

“You’re sweet Jon, you really are but I can’t use you as a crutch. You get that, right? I can’t hide behind you, especially not with Anna. I really need to talk to her. I need her to understand… this.”

“This?” Jon chuckled, “Our relationship isn’t that weird.”

“It kind of is.” Christian admitted. “We’re moving fast- like whoa fast.”

“Whoa fast?” Jon was grinning.

“It’s just weird.” Christian crossed her arms over her chest, almost protectively. “I guess I just feel like maybe we’re crazy for doing this.”

Jon’s grin slipped away. “You’re letting the whole Benjamin thing dictate our relationship.”

“It’s kind of easy when our relationship is based off of it. Face it; if it weren’t for Benjamin we wouldn’t even be together. It’s just- it’s odd Jon, and sometimes I feel lucky. Too lucky.”

“We’ve only been dating one night and you’re already doubting us?” Jon swallowed down his own doubt. “I wish you wouldn’t.”

“It’s hard to accept a good thing when you’re so used to bad things.” Christian admitted.

“Tonight…” Jon brushed Christian’s hair away from her face. “Tonight you’re mine. All mine, promise?”

“Promise.” Christian whispered as she gazed in to Jon’s eyes. “Why are you so good to me?”

Jon shrugged, “I just don’t get the concept of bad, I guess.”





**



Anna pulled the door open and her welcoming smile slowly slipped. “Christian.”

Christian smiled nervously, “Hey Anna.”

“Did that bastard hurt you already?” Anna stared at Christian, as if assessing the level of damage.

Christian frowned, as she walked past Anna. The door to Anna’s apartment door closed behind her, and Anna waited. “I really like him Anna. He’s a good guy.”

“How can you be so sure what good is anymore, after what Benjamin put you through?” She was just worried, but she could be horribly overbearing.

“So what?” Christian stared at Anna, trying to figure out what was running through her mind. “Should I just write off dating forever, because of one bad guy?”

“You’re dating him already?” Anna’s mouth fell open. “Christian, you barely even know him! Oh god… did you sleep with him?”

“N-no.” Christian was surprised by the question. “He hasn’t even tried getting in my pants Anna. I don’t think you understand- he, he is a really good guy. He’s not like that.”

“Oh please.” Anna rolled her eyes. “Every guy is like that.”

“Who are you dating this week?” Christian blurted. “’Cause at last check you had a new boyfriend once a week. There is nothing wrong with me dating Jon- you just don’t want me to!”

“It’s because you don’t know him!” Anna yelled, throwing her arms in to the air. “You haven’t known him nearly long enough to know anything about him! To already be dating is stupid, and foolish. You’re jumping in to this because of Benjamin. I just know it. Why can’t you admit it?”

“Because it’s not true. I’m with Jon because I want to be. He’s a good guy and I got really lucky.” Christian was upset at Anna’s reaction.

“That’s exactly what you said with Benjamin and now look at you.” Anna whispered, “Black and blue with bruises. I just don’t want to see this anymore. Don’t you see? I just care about you.”

“I know you care.” Christian tried to choose her words carefully. “But sometimes you have to let me make my own mistakes. So what if Jon’s a mistake? He’ll be a good mistake. All he does is make me feel good.”

“And Benjamin made you feel good too.” Anna pointed out. “You let Benjamin whore you out to his friends Chris; what are you going to let Jon do to you before you’ve had enough? You just- you don’t make the best decisions and sometimes… sometimes you let sex run your life.”

“I- I let sex run my life?” Christian’s eyes widened. “What, what exactly are you saying Anna?”

Anna bit her lip, “Please don’t be angry with me Christian but- but sometimes… sometimes you’re a bit of a slut.”

“Slut?” Christian whispered the word.

Anna opened her mouth to apologize but she couldn’t. Christian wasn’t going to wait for an apology. She turned away, stopped at the door to let out a deep breath, and then left.





**



“So I guess I win in the category of creepiest boyfriend ever.” Jon slid in to the booth across from Christian. She had a cup of coffee in front of her. She’d walked for blocks before stopping, and Jon had followed her the entire way.

“You never left.” Christian whispered, “You waited.”

“I did.” Jon replied. “I swear I was going to leave but it just didn’t feel right. I don’t like leaving you- I feel… vulnerable.”

“I think it’s supposed to be the other way around. I’m the vulnerable one.” Christian muttered, as she took a sip of her coffee. It was without sugar or cream but she didn’t care. She just needed something with a kick back, something that could center her… pull her away from the filthy word. Slut.

“You’re wrong there.” Jon replied. “I’m vulnerable when it comes to you Christian, because you have all of the power.”

Christian glanced up, surprised by the comment. “I got a call from the gym.” Jon looked down at her phone, which was sitting on the table. “I have an interview in an hour. How do I look?”

“Like hell.” Jon chuckled, “But I think you’ve already got the job.”

“How?”

“’Cause you’re full of spunk, and Brendon knows the owner.”

“So, it’s because of Brendon?”

“He called in a favor.” Jon shrugged, “But that’s not the only reason. Derek really seemed to like you, and I’m sure he put in a good word for you too.”

Christian smiled, “I guess I’m thankful. Why would Brendon do that for me though?”

“Because he still feels like shit for scaring you.” Jon replied, “And so when I mentioned you were interested in working at the gym… well, he found a way to get in your good graces.”

“He was already in my good graces.”

“So it was just a win/win for you then.” Jon answered smugly. “Just be happy. I’d love to see that.”

“I’m smiling, aren’t I?” Christian asked.

“Yeah, but right before I walked in you looked as if you were about to cry. Do you want to talk about it?” Jon waved the waiter away.

“Anna and I argued, that’s all.” Christian pushed her coffee over to Jon. “Want some?”

He shook his head, “Was it about me?”

“Kind of. She just doesn’t agree with my choices.”

“So in other words, she doesn’t like that we’re dating now?”

“Among other things.” Christian breathed out. “She thinks I’m a slut.”

“What?” Jon’s eyes widened. “She said that?”

“I, I don’t think I want to talk about it.” Christian muttered, “I need to go shower before my interview. Is that okay?”

“You’re the one calling the shots.” Jon replied, “So let’s go.”





**



“Holy shit, you told her? You don’t ever tell anyone!” Spencer exclaimed.

“Just you.” Jon answered. “So now she knows all of my flaws, and well… now she’s my girlfriend.”

“That’s cute dude, really fucking cute.” Spencer shook his head but he was smiling.

Jon smiled as well, but he tried to hide it. “She’s just great. She’s so great. I’m so- happy.”

“Don’t sound so shocked.” Spencer chuckled, “Sometimes happiness can come in the form of a female, despite what most guys say.”

Jon nodded, “Yeah… yeah, sometimes. She’s definitely my happiness.”

Spencer just smiled. He was happy that Jon was happy; he deserved to be and so did Christian.





**



Caleb, the fitness director of the club, rolled his eyes as Brendon interrupted the interview he was conducting with Christian for the 5th time. “Look Brendon, I get it. I really do. Christian is very kind and helpful, and you really want me to hire her and you wanna know something?”

“Yeah. I always want to know something.” Brendon replied.

Caleb rolled his eyes again. Christian waited patiently, nervously doubting that she would get the job. At first it seemed like a good idea to accept the ride from Brendon… now it just seemed completely inappropriate on her part. The interview was so unprofessional, and Caleb kept getting ticked off at Brendon. “She’s officially hired. Thank you for your time Christian. I’ll work out a schedule and get a hold of you sometime next week. I’m a little busy until then, but by that time I’ll have you on the schedule, okay?”

Christian was overwhelmed with happiness. She was on the road to recovery, and now she had a job which made her feel at least a tiny bit successful. At least now she could start paying Jon something for letting her stay with him. They hadn’t really talked about how long it would be for, but Christian didn’t want to be mooching. She didn’t want to rely on him, as she had with Benjamin.

“Okay.” Christian smiled widely, and Brendon shot her two thumbs up. “Thank you Caleb.”

Caleb nodded, “Now get Brendon outta here. He’s driving me up the wall.”

Christian laughed and nodded, grabbing on to Brendon’s arm just in time. He was starting to reply to Caleb’s remark but was soon distracted by Christian.

“You have a job!”

Christian nodded, “I know. I’m so psyched!”

Brendon grinned, “We have to go celebrate… like now!”

“Wait, I want to tell Jon.”

He picked up on the second ring, and Christian smiled widely as soon as she heard his voice.

Things were looking up.
Sign up to rate and review this story