Categories > Original > Horror > The Academy

Chapter Three

by mychemnerd101 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2012-10-19 - Updated: 2012-10-19 - 1225 words

0Unrated
Finally here! I made you wait so long. I'm sorry, I'm going to punish myself for this. Short-ish chapter, sorry so much schooling!
Chapter Three
When I awoke nothing existed. The world I looked at was black, and it didn’t take me long to figure out where I was. This was the inner workings of my mind, and I was surely not alone as I saw three figures moving swiftly towards me. Two of the smaller figures stopped as the third taller one kept moving. It was him, he was in my mind. I was so scared, I didn’t know who he was or what he wanted, all I knew was he found out how to take me away from our world and trap me in my own mind. I was terrified, his normally scared visage had now turned into an eerily emotionless expression. His deep brown eyes seemed to burn a hole through my soul, and I felt as though he could read everything about me by simply staring into my eyes.
I had the strange sensation of trust in this boy, the boy I didn’t know who had died so many years ago. I felt like I wanted to sit there and vomit out the words depicting my entire life story, as if he didn’t know already. He cupped one hand around my cheek gently caressing my face. He smiled gently and opened his mouth to speak.
“Cassandra, we’ve been waiting for you,” he said as he tucked a loose strand of black hair behind my ear.
The usual sarcasm escaped my mouth as it normally does when I’m terrified, ”That’s cliché and weird. Why am I hear? What do you want from me?”
“Just like you, my love, always asking questions. Always needing to know.”
“Well, when I’m drug into my own mind probably still unconscious on the side walk at 7:30 in the morning I’m going to ask questions.
“Cassie-”
“Don’t call me that,” I cut him off, but somewhere deep inside I liked that he was calling me Cassie. No girl, snap out of it, “You don’t know me.”
“But I do, I’ve known my savior since the day she was born. The most beautiful baby girl I’ve ever seen, one that manages to be as beautiful today” I could feel my cheeks growing hotter, but this was off topic, leave it to me to be flirted with by a dead boy in my own mind!
“But, how am I your savior?”
He kissed me on the cheek and slowly faded away with the rest of the figures. My eyes fluttered open to see I was in a hospital bed. I looked around at the ever so typical sterile white room. Was I still dreaming? I did the old trick and attempted to push my one hand through the other, it did not succeed in its passing. I was finally out of my own mind, and away from the terror that was in there, or so I thought. I glanced out the door into the hallway and saw him standing there, peering in. My heart started to beat faster. He wouldn’t leave me alone, would he? He smiled at me, the first time I’ve ever seen a smile on him. The unbreakable connection of our eyes was finally disrupted by my mother rushing in.
“Cassie! Oh Cassie! You’re awake!” she yelled and ran to my bed-side,” The doctors think it was your anemia, and you passed out on the sidewalk. Did you eat your breakfast?! I told you this would happen!” If not mentioned earlier I am also slightly anemic. And yea, sure, that was the reason. Believe that if it makes you think your youngest is normal.
“I’m okay Ma, I’m sorry I was running late this morning, I just forgot breakfast. That’s all.”
“Don’t do it again sweetie. Okay?”
“Okay.” I jumped as I turned to see him sitting in the chair next to my bed with an apologetic expression on his face. My hand was on the edge of the bed and the coldness of his hand being placed on top of mine sent shivers up my back. He smiled down at me, and I smiled back in the comfort of his coldness. His being there reassured me, I didn’t know why, and never stopped to question it. My mom kissed the top of my head and exited the room to go get herself some food. I had her shut the door behind her and pull the curtains around the bed for privacy. I turned to him. I wanted to know so much.
“What’s your name,” I asked turning my head to the side.
“Johnny, my name is Johnny.” This was the first time I paid attention to what his voice sounded like. It was solid, but not too deep. There wasn’t the normal rasp that came with most ghosts. It was comforting and made me want to sleep. I didn’t have to tell him my name was Cassandra, he already new.
“Cassie, the last time I was in this hospital for you, you were lying in an incubator in the nursery. I held your hand and you were the only baby that wasn’t crying. I stayed with you as you grew up. During your birthdays I would always leave behind an extra gift for you. Anything I could get so you knew I’d be by your side, even if you wouldn’t discover me for years. There is so much you need to learn, my love. Who you were, who you are, who you’ll be.”
“What do you mean ‘who you were’?”
“Time will tell Cassie, time will tell,” He kissed my cheek before slowly fading away. I was all alone again, and I hated being alone. The quiet, hollowness of the white room. The only sound to be heard was the ticking of the clocks and the nurses chatting away at the desk. I was just a number, a room, and now that the only one who truly cared had faded back into the black again, I was completely and utterly alone.
I lifted my head back up to see the whiteness, but this time not of the wall, but the tail of a doctor’s coat. I thought he was my doctor, but I hadn’t heard the slow creek of the opening door, or the heavy thump of the footsteps. I looked further up to see the stains, was that blood? His face is what took me the most. He was older, maybe late 50’s, early 60’s. he wasn’t as pale as the boy, but there was no doubt that death had come to reap away his life some time ago. he had a malevolent grin playing about the corners of his lips. He glared down at me and was sucked into the ground. All I saw was a blur, and heard the beeping of the various monitors connected to me as I began to slip away.
How does this please your bananas my babies? Review for me please, so I know if your still entertained. This bitch passes out a lot. We still love her!
Sign up to rate and review this story