Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 10

by atomickilljoy 3 reviews

"No. We just...we can't"

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-11-04 - Updated: 2012-11-04 - 972 words

0Unrated
"You did what?!" Brendon exclaimed.

"Relax! I knew she wasn't going to actually want to fight me!" Jennifer said.

Sam had told Brendon about Jennifer almost fighting Karen, thinking Brendon would think it was cool or he'd at least be proud. She was wrong. Brendon didn't like it at all. So, now, Sam,Jon, and Ryan were silently watching the couple argue. Sam felt really bad, and she tried to get them to stop fighting, to no avail.

"What if she did want to fight you?!" Brendon asked.

"I'm down for a fight! I could've totally taken her! It's not like I haven't gotten into fights before!" Jennifer shot back.

"I don't want you doing that ever again!" Brendon said.

Jennifer's face got red.

"I do what I please! Last time I checked, you didn't own me! I have spent way too much time letting guys like you walk all over me!" Jennifer said, furiously.

"Guys like me? I treat you like a fucking queen! When I tell you to do something, I expect you to do it!" Brendon said, anger taking over him.

"Really? I'm not going to stand idly by while you dictate my every move!" Jennifer hissed.

"Well, Kayla would listen to me!" Brendon blurted.

Jon and Ryan gasped. Sam gasped, too, even though she didn't know who Kayla was.

"You're bringing up your ex-girlfriend. How precious." Jennifer said.

"Yeah, well, at least she listened better than you!" Brendon said.

Jennifer slapped Brendon in the face, leaving a red hand print on his face.

"Don't you ever compare me to that whore ever again." Jennifer growled, before walking away.

"I'll go talk to her" Ryan said, getting up and going after her.

"Yeah, Ryan! Go take her side!" Brendon shouted, caught up in the moment.

Angry tears filled Brendon's eyes, as he put his head into his hands and sobbed. Jon motioned for Sam to go to her other friends, since Brendon wouldn't like a girl watching him break down. Jon comforted Brendon.

"It's gonna be okay, bro."

****

"HEY PIPER!" a nasaly voice shouted.

Piper groaned as she turned around, and saw Pete's ex girlfriend running towards her.

"What do you want, Chelsea?" she asked.

"Your man is hanging around a whore named Amelia." Chelsea said.

"Oh..okay." Piper said, and started walking away.

"WAIT! I want to teach you how to look good for him, and keep him interested." she said, grinning, while taking out a huge, see-through bag, stuffed with makeup.

Oh god kill me Piper thought.

She set her stuff down on a nearby, outside table. They sat down, and Chelsea started applying stuff. Piper thanked God that school time was already over, and no one was around to witness this. She spent about 10 minutes applying stuff. Over the course of those 10 minutes, she saw lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, something in a foreign language, something in braille, and about 20 brushes come out of that bag.

Finally, she was done. Chelsea grinned, satisfied with her work.

"You look gorgeous!" she exclaimed, squealing.

She took out a mirror and held it in Piper's face.

Oh god, no why? Piper thought. She looked like a clown.

"You're welcome, gorgeous!" Chelsea said, walking away, genuinely proud of her work.

"Kid?" someone asked behind her.

Piper looked up and saw Pete staring at her. Piper blushed, not that it was noticeable over the coat of makeup.

"Don't." Piper said, staring at Pete.

Pete bit his lip, very hard.

"Fine." Piper said.

Pete laughed so hard, it was amazing that he didn't pee himself right then and there.

"Chelsea did this." Piper mumbled.

"Come on." Pete said, through laughter "Let's get you cleaned up."

They walked though the empty halls to the school bathroom, Pete's laughter filling the hallways. They walked into the Girl's bathroom.

"Kid, why did you let it happen?" he asked, as he helped her wipe off the makeup with water.

"She seemed so happy doing it!" Piper said, in between her splashing water on her face.

"You should've said something!" Pete said, smiling.

Piper rolled her eyes and continued to splash water on her face. Finally, she was done and she used paper towels to wipe off the remaining makeup.

"There she is!" Pete said "Good 'ol Piper Stump! Beautiful and makeupless."

Piper smiled at his comment, as Pete stood, staring at her. He continued to stare at her. Piper wondered why he was staring at her.

"Why are you-"

Pete cut her off with a kiss. Not a sloppy, quick kiss like the one he had given her as her first kiss. This one had meaning behind it, and he looked like he was putting everything into it.

"Nope." Piper said, pulling away "I can't do this. You can't do this. We can't do this"

"What? Why?" Pete asked.

"Well, first of all, you're a whore,-"

"I can change."

"Patrick wouldn't approve,-"

"Who said he has to know?"

"And you're older than me."

"Age is a silly number." Pete said.

"No. We just...we can't" Piper said, walking out.

**

Kassandra hasn't seen Andy in weeks, and when she looked outside of his apartment to see if he was there, he was always with Miranda.

"Have you talked to Andy recently?" Kassandra asked her friend, Caitlin.

Caitlin jumped and quickly hid something in her locker.

"No" she said, her mouth full.

"What's that?" Kassandra asked.

Caitlin bowed down her head in shame.

"Chocolate." she said, opening her locker and taking out a big bar.

"Okay. Whatever. So, you haven't?" Kassandra asked.

"Mmmmmm Chocolate." Caitlin moaned.

"CAITLIN! STAY ON TOPIC!" Kassandra exclaimed.

"No, I haven't! Just his friend, Joe." Caitlin said.

"Ugh. Just...go have babies with him, already." Kassandra said, rolling her eyes.

"I will. Right after I pour chocolate all over him and suck his-"

"ENOUGH!"
Sign up to rate and review this story