Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

These Things Told

by Elsask 1 review

The letters are revealed

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1650 words

0Unrated
Hey, Hey!! I am back from my camp holidays. Ya I know it has been longer than a week but I was in Calgary watching Phantom of the Opera then I went to camp up north for a week, and well it has taken awhile for me to get into the writing/typing mode thing. Anyways, I just couldn't get into it this chapter but anyways here are those notes, enjoy! I also need some R&R to get me back on the right track.


Herry turned on his never-used desk lamp brightening up the corner of his room. He neatly tried to tear open the envelope not to damage it. Alas he tore it splitting the front ripping his neatly printed name in half. For the rest he didn't care he slashed through the remaining unopened envelope like a hungry dog. For he was hungry, hungry for the words of Helen. (I know it's cheesy lol)

He chucked the shredded envelope after he'd carefully and gently took out the long note. He smoothed out on his desk, taking a deep breath he plunged himself into the letter.


To my Dearest Herry,

I am sorry to leave you in this state but I have never been good with goodbyes and I don't think I ever will. I am so sorry I couldn't say it to your face but I don't want you to see tears fall from these eyes again. But hey we did have some good times didn't we? We only have spent ten months together but it seems we have gathered a life full of memories. For example remember the time we went swimming at the lake?


(1) "Cannonball!"

Theresa, Helen and Neil screamed as Herry leaped off the dock and slammed himself into the water. Like a tsunami the wave engulfed everyone in the water.

Jay, Odie, Theresa, Atlanta, Helen and Herry came out laughing when they exposed themselves from the water. While Neil...well he was still screaming.

"My hair! You know how long it takes me to get it that perfect!" He whipped out his dripping mirror trying to place his hair into the original position. Finding it hopeless he ran to shore.

"It's just a lil' water Neil." Odie hollered at him.

"A lil'?" Theresa questioned, pointing out that she herself was drenched from Herry's Cannonball attempt.

Helen burst out into a hearty laugh, joined by Theresa and Atlanta.

Herry noticed how the water slowly trickled down her back. Her body glistening in the afternoon sun, how her bathing suit bottoms hugged her hips. Her hair smoothed back and patted down from the lake water. She turned her head toward him giving him the smile, her eyes shimmering.

"Herry are you going to join us?" She shoved a lot of water his way.

"Sure am!" He kicked his leg splaying water all around him.

Meanwhile Atlanta was trying to convince the scared Archie in the middle of the dock, a safe ways away from the deep waters. "Come on Arch' we won't splash you."

"No-o-o way I am going into that water, besides I am trying to work on my tan." He turned his head towards the sun.

"Ya right you look like a ghost!!" She stopped finding her arguing pointless when you are talking to a scaredy-cat of water. "Now you are sounding like Neil." She grumbled, "Suit yourself but you'll regret it." She front crawled towards the rest of the group.


Or how about the time you showed me around and then we got ice cream? Man I still remember how wet I was that day. The mountains were amazing too, wow that was one great weekend. I still can't believe we were pen pals for so long, I guess it was destiny for us to meet. I got a memory you can't forget which wasn't too funny, Atlanta's brother.

(1) "Helen do you want to hold Brennan?" Theresa held out the young baby.

"I rather not," Helen fidgeted her hands "babies really don't like me."

"Come on it can't do any harm." Theresa stood up.

"Besides Athena wants me and Theresa for something or other." Atlanta got up from the coach standing beside Theresa. "We need you to take the baby."

"Come on Helen, are you afraid of a lil' itsy bitsy baby?" Teased the boys.

Helen scrunched herself into the corner of the sofa, trying to get away. Waving her arms frantically while Atlanta and Theresa tried to place Brennan in Helen's arms.

"No, no, no, babies don't like me."

Finally after some while Theresa and Atlanta managed to slip Atlanta's little brother into Helen's arms. The moment the baby soft skin touched hers she winced, closing her eyes waiting for the worst. Slowly Helen opened one eye peeking out, then the other. Followed by a sigh of relief.

"There that wasn't so ba..." Before Theresa could end her sentence the baby wailed as loud as he ever had before, piercing everyone's ears.

"Aah!!" Screamed Helen. Trying to push the baby back into Atlanta's arms. "Take him! Take him!"

Meanwhile the observing boys are killing themselves laughing, rolling on the floor, slapping the couch, and Neil was wiping away a tear.

Theresa, Atlanta and Brennan left the living room at a slow pace.

Helen crossed her arms, being a little red in the cheeks. "Not funny." She muttered.



It isn't easy to write these which you may be able to tell by this tearstained letter, which I am very sorry for. Believe me it is such a great pain inside of me for once I felt like I belonged somewhere, I had a real home which I will always remember. And you... well you were a person who could always bring a smile to my face, you are always there for me, you protected me when I felt weak and you gave me this feeling inside that can never be put on paper for words can't describe it. There is something that I have wanted to tell you for so long but I just didn't know when the right time was. I think you know what I mean but it would be a wrong to write it down on paper. So if one day I do see you again I promise I will tell you those words that have yet to slip my lips.

It feels like an eternal agony to be separated from you, but destiny must have something else in store for me, to take me away. Besides, in some ways I think this is the best for both of us. I will always remember you and don't you ever forget that. I guess this will be my, I hate to say it, goodbye. If I ever do write to you again it won't be me but your old pen pal, Greek Physique. Farewell, all my wishes on defeating Cronus, I can feel his downfall will come soon. May the Gods bless you.

Sincerely yours,

Helen

P.S. I don't think I can take animals with me so could you take care of Garfield and my winged friend, Aldara for me? Thanx again



Herry reread the letter four times before he lightened his grip; it was then that he realized that he yearned for his demi-goddess. The tears freely flowed down his cheeks, was she gone from his embrace forever?

There has to be a way and I will find it. I have to bring back Helen.

The brunette pushed back his chair, turned off the lamp and slipped into bed. He was soon accompanied by an orange cat sleeping beside him, but his sleep was disturbed with horrid dreams.



"Where is Herry?" questioned Hera surveying the young teenagers.

"We let him sleep in, he had a hard day yesterday." Jay responded quickly.

"A very hard day." Added in Theresa standing beside Jay.

"Very well. Athena and I had a very close encounter with our new enemy, I now know what Hermes meant, and she is a force to reckon with. She left this." Hera revealed the parchment from last night.

"Great more letters." Mumbled Theresa glaring at the letter from afar.

Neil snatched the message and started to read it. He quickly stopped. "I can't read his writing."

Odie grabbed the letter from Neil. "Give it to me." Skimming through the parchment he glanced at the group staring at him. "It's a ransom letter." Odie read it out loud.

"Dear Hera and company,
As you may have noticed I have the Angle family, along with Helen and minus the young child. Once again I win Hera, Youth is on my side. How do you like my new messenger, quite an apparatus, she'll be a fine apprentice don't you think? I don't want to give you any head starts on what I plan on doing with my newly-found toy, but let me tell you, I find a ver suiting use for her. Back to the Angle family, I will hold ransom for them, in return I would like the Femventas diamond, and if you don't wish to agree to my terms, let us just say only Time will tell what might happen to the poor couple.

Your dear father,

Cronus."
Odie spat out the last word with a suggestion of distaste.

Everyone looked at each other apprehensively and troubled.

"Do we give them the stone Hera?" Theresa looked over to the head goddess.

Hera gazed at the tile floor. "I don't know what to do children."

"We have to do something." Declared Jay standing up. Everyone joined him agreeing.

(1) these are memories that Herry has.

Well there u go, more action ahead!! Somewhere... anyways the Femventas diamond has no idea what it means and if it means something not intended sorry and I apologize. Also sorry if there are some spelling errors, I didn't really look it over.

ELSASK OUT!!
Sign up to rate and review this story