Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Time Like The Present

Am I Wasting My Time Here

by IndiaGirl 3 reviews

“I learn things from what I see.” Gerard noted, picking up leaves and studying them. “I studied you and I saw.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-15 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 1077 words - Complete

3Original
Frank’s jaw dropped as he stared at Gerard. He didn't say anything – he just stared, openly. Gerard smirked and put his head back down.
“I feel kinda stupid now.” Frank laughed gently, looking down at his tangled fingers.
“Don’t. I don’t want to make anyone feel stupid. You’re not stupid.” Gerard insisted, pushing his sketchbook into his bag and pulling it around his shoulder. He pushed himself to his feet and began to wander away.
“Hey – oh.” Frank sighed, twisting his fingers. “You’re going now.” Gerard paused and lingered, gazing away from Frank.
“No, we’re going.” He answered. Frank clambered to his feet. “You were going to come.” He smirked. Frank blushed inwardly, walking alongside Gerard.
“Y-yeah. I guess so.” Frank stuttered, running a little to keep up with him. They wandered towars the edge of the school grounds, which was lined with thick woodland trees. Gerard hadn't fully decided upon Frank – he liked him, that he was sure of. He wasn’t sure if he trusted him, since he had only met him about twenty minutes ago. Frank was special. Anyone that got Gerard making eye contact and sharing his secrets, was special.
“Where are we going?” Frank asked, inquisitivly. Gerard shook his head as he walked, pausing.
“Just.. so you know – I’m not some.. paedophile, or anything.” Gerard reassured Frank, staring at him intently. It hadn’t been the first time he was convicted of being so – he is just being friendly – he never understood. Frank nodded, holding out his hands as if the whole thing was ridiculous.
“Th-that, I know.” Frank babbled, walking alongside him. “Can’t I know where we’re going?” Gerard smirked and continued walking.
“Slow down, Frank. If you go any faster, the photos you took will be all blurry, and you’ll be so very disappointed when you get them developed.” Gerard mused, bewildering Frank a little further.
They arrived at a small clearing, which looked to Frank as if this wasn’t Gerard’s first visit. He sat down in the middle, next to Gerard, who was already making himself at home. He sat with his knees hunched up, observing the leaves beside him. Frank watched him intently, sighing at how utterly beautiful he was.
“Am I wasting my time here?” Frank finally sighed, after several minutes of Gerard blanking him entirely. Gerard cocked his head upwards and stared.
“Wasting your time how?” Gerard asked, his voice suddenly soft, as he gazed over Frank.
“You’re straight, right?” Frank asked, bluntly. Gerard blinked, a little taken aback. People rarely asked him things like that. He wasn’t really.. desirable. In fact, people ran away more than often.
“Sexuality is fluid.” Gerard replied, turning in towards Frank. Frank didn’t really have any idea what that meant – but from the soft expression on Gerard’s face, he assumed, it was a good one. He nudged himself a little closer and sighed, staring over Gerard. Gerard however, avoided his gaze, looking down at his feet, studying his fingers.
“You’re very interesting, you know.” Frank laughed, quietly. “How did you.. know about me? Earlier?” He asked, hopefully.
“I learn things from what I see.” Gerard noted, picking up leaves and studying them. “I studied you and I saw.” Frank scoffed and shook his head.
“No one can do that. You’re not Sherlock Holmes.” Gerard fixed his gaze on Frank.
“Alright.” He hesitated, leaning his face closer to Frank’s. “You grew up in this area and you haven’t been home in a few days, because you don’t like it there. A lot of people in your classes misjudge you by your various tattooes and piercings, along with the fact that you’d rather be with a man than a woman.. incorrectly. You’ve only been kissed once and you didn’t enjoy it.” He sat back, satisfied. Frank stared, a little surprised, over the older boy.
“How did you know what I was.. can you.. read minds?” Frank asked suspiciously. Gerard laughed openly.
“No,” He grinned, watching Frank, who’s cheeks were pink. “I’m just a little.. more well tuned, than perhaps some other people.”

“You’re very.. beautiful.” Said Frank, quietly. Gerard was frightened, and he wanted to reciprocate Frank but – what if Frank hurt him? What if he hurt Frank?
“I.. Thanks.” Gerard offered quietly, rubbing his eyes. He sighed and locked his eyes on Frank’s. “Look.. I’m sorry.” Gerard mumbled softly. Frank glanced upwards to him and reached out gently, which Gerard flinched at.
“What for?” Frank asked, his hand just touching Gerard’s cheek. Gerard stared down at his knees.
“I don’t understand you.” Gerard sighed, pushing his palms into his eyes. “You – me, everyone. Humanity. I don’t get you.” Frank pulled back and put a hand on Gerard’s. “I look at someone and I can see everything, but I don’t know how they feel – how they feel about me, about their lives – if they’re happy, or sad.” He looked down glumly. “People don’t tend to go near me, for that reason.” Frank breathed out deeply and clutched Gerard’s hand softly.
“I like you.” Frank replied, beaming gently. “I think I’m..” Frank paused, his cheeks alight.
“I know.” Gerard replied, looking into Frank’s eyes. “Your eyes are dialated, your palms are sweaty – I’ve read about it in textbooks.” Gerard grinned inwardly. He knew all about the prospect of love, he simply never partook in it. He never imagined he would but – Frank was.. well.. What was Frank?
“Have you ever had a.. girlfriend.. or a boyfriend?” Frank asked quietly. Gerard shook his head.
“No. Not properly. I’ve never felt anything like that – I don’t think. I don’t know what it’s supposed to feel like.” Frank nodded in understanding.
“Can I try something?” Frank leant forward and paused, an inch before Gerard’s face, watching his expressions, before leaning a little further and pressing his lips up against Gerard’s. Gerard tightened his jaw in surprise, unsure of how to carry on, unsure of what to do. He didn’t know what he was feeling – but he was sure, that he liked it. Once Frank pulled away, smiling, he cupped his cheek.
“How was that?” Frank asked, softly. Gerard stammered in reply.
“I.. y-yeah.”

---
another little chapter :3 r&r
Sign up to rate and review this story