Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Twenty-Nine

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-19 - Updated: 2012-11-19 - 1024 words - Complete

0Unrated
Saturday Afternoon
Frank

As the movie ended, Mikey jumped off the couch. “Shit! Oh my God, I completely forgot!” He scrambled in his pockets for a minute before pulling out his car keys. I just sat on the couch, looking up at him completely confused.

“Mikey? What’s going on?” Slowly, I stood up and followed him as he raced out the front door.

“I was supposed to be at work almost as hour ago. God, I can’t believe I forgot. I’m so fired.” And with that he crawled into his car and left. I stood on the front porch, just watching him as he drove off.

What was he talking about? When did he get a job? There was obviously a lot that we needed to talk about.

It got me thinking. I’d been out of school for a while now. Yeah, my mom hadn’t said anything to me about getting a job, but I knew it wouldn’t hurt. Besides, it was starting to get boring sitting at home doing nothing all day. Especially now that I don’t have Gerard to talk to anymore.

Walking inside, I decided that as soon as mom got home I would tell her I wanted to go get some applications. Hopefully I could find somewhere to work.

After everything that has happened, everything my mom has done for me, I feel like I need to repay her. Giving her a hand with bills and such is a great way to do it. Plus, as much as she loves me, I don’t think she’ll want me to live here forever.

And God knows that eventually I’ll want to move out and start my life. Hopefully with Gerard, but I highly doubt it. Speaking of Gerard, I still needed to call him. I had no idea what I would say to him, but I needed to say something.

My cell phone was sitting on the coffee table, where I left it. I grabbed it, staring at it for a while, before finally getting up the nerve to finally dial Gerard’s number. Holding the phone to my ear and listening to the ringing, I was starting to wonder if he would even answer.

I found myself wishing he wouldn’t. Maybe I wasn’t ready to talk to him again yet.

After what felt like an eternity, his phone went to voicemail. He probably didn’t want to talk to me. I was kind of relieved he didn’t answer.

Putting my cell phone in my pocket, I headed upstairs to my bedroom. One of my jackets was lying across my dresser. As I grabbed it, it pulled some things onto the floor. This is what I get for not keeping my room clean. But with everything that had been happening lately, cleaning my room didn’t seem to matter.

Most of it was paper and pencils, things I could probably threw away. But there was one thing that I had almost forgotten about. A small silver ring, the ring Mikey had given me. I was so wrapped up in everything else that I almost forgot I still had it, let alone had taken it off.

I vaguely remember taking it off shortly before I called Gerard to tell him how I felt. After that I kind of just forgot about it. I was amazed that Mikey hadn’t said anything about it. He probably just wanted to forget the whole thing, and I didn’t blame him.

Gerard hadn’t mentioned it either. Never once did he say anything, and that shocked me. Maybe that’s why he was so trusting when I told him how I felt. That was the only thing that made sense.

I held the ring in the palm of my hand, staring at it. It used to be a symbol of the love Mikey and I shared, and now... it’s just a plain silver band. Mikey deserved to get this back. One day he would find someone he loved, and he would give them this ring. Only unlike me, that person would cherish it.

Staring at the ring now, I felt horrible. How could I do something like that to him? How did he forgive me? I know if I was him, I would never have been able to forgive myself. What I did was terrible.

I put the ring back on my dresser. The next time I saw Mikey, I would give it back to him and tell him how sorry I am.

**

My mom stared at my from over the top of the magazine she was reading. “Frank, I’m doing fine. Money is not an issue.”

I laughed, scooting closer to her on the couch. “That’s not why I want a job. I’m not doing anything all day. It’s boring.”

She smiled, putting the magazine down. “Look at you, growing up. I guess you’re not my little baby boy anymore, huh? Tomorrow, I can drive you around and you can pick up some applications.”

“You know, I’m always going to be your little boy. I’m never going to stop needing you.” And it was true. Yeah, I was growing up and starting to make a life for myself, but I would always need my mom. She was always there for me, and that would never change.

Tears were building in her eyes as she pulled me into a hug. “I love you, Frankie.”

“I love you too, mom.”

We sat like that for a while before I finally broke the silence. “Mikey came over today.” She didn’t say anything. “We talked, and watched a movie. I think we’ll be okay.”

“That’s good news. Did you talk to Gerard?” She was anxious.

I shook my head, “I tried calling but he didn’t answer. I’ll try again later.”

“I’m sure he’ll come around, just like Mikey did.” She smiled, “Besides, if he loves you half as much as you love him, he won’t be able to stay away.”
Sign up to rate and review this story