Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Thirty

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-20 - Updated: 2012-11-20 - 1065 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week Later/ Thursday Afternoon
Frank

The last week had been filled with adventure. I filled out applications for almost every store in town, and only one called me back. The local record store. Music was a huge part of my life, so I couldn’t be happier.

The interview went over great, and I was hired. They had me working the next day. I felt so grown up, and my mom couldn’t stop talking about how proud she was of me.

My job kept me busy, so I hadn’t seen Mikey for a while. He was constantly calling to see if I was busy. On the plus side, I hadn’t thought about Bert or Gerard the whole time. I was just focusing on work.

Every once in awhile, Gerard would sneak into my thoughts, and I would almost have a break down. I just needed to talk to him.

“Here we are.” Mikey broke the silence. We were in my driveway. I had been so caught up in my thoughts, I hadn’t even been paying attention.

“Yeah, thanks for the ride.” I grabbed the door handle and started to get out of the car when Mikey grabbed my arm.

“We really need to hang out sometime. I miss my best friend.” He laughed.

I nodded, “Yeah, me too. I’m sure we can figure something out.” As I was climbing out of the car, I remembered the ring still on my dresser. “Hey, wait here for a second.”

Mikey nodded, “Whatever you say.”

I ran inside, not even bothering to say anything to my mom when I passed her. The ring was still sitting on my dresser in the same place that I left it the other day. I was a little worried about how Mikey would react when I gave it back to him, but we were friends again, right. How bad could it be?

In seconds I was back outside and standing beside Mikey’s car. Without saying anything I shoved the ring into his hand. He just stared at it for a while.

When he finally looked back up, I could see tears in his eyes. “So, I guess it’s official then.” He laughed through his tears. “You know, I was kind of hoping you would come back to me.”

Without thinking, I hugged him. “You are my best friend, and I love you. But things would never work between us. We’re better off friends.”

He nodded, “Maybe you’re right.” He just stared at the ring in silence for a long time. Eventually he took it and shoved it in his jeans pocket. “You’re my best friend, Frank. You know that?”

I smiled, “Of course I do.”

He nodded, gripping the steering wheel. “That doesn’t mean that I’ll just stop loving you. You can’t deny the fact that there will always be something between us.”

He was right. As much as I loved Gerard, I would always have feelings for Mikey. He was my first love, it’s only natural to still have feelings for him. I knew that with time, both Mikey and I would both grow out of it. We could just be friends.

Just then my mom came walking onto the front porch. Mikey sighed, putting the car in reverse. “I should go. I guess I’ll see you around.”

I nodded, watching him leave. Once he had disappeared down the street, I walked toward my mom. “What was all that about?”

“I gave Mikey the engagement ring back.”

She pushed open the front door and we both headed into the living room. I collapsed on the couch, and my mom stood in front of me. “How did it go?”

I shrugged. “Pretty good actually.” It was amazing how well it went over. At least now I know that we can get through this. We may still have feelings for each other, but Mikey respects my feelings for Gerard. It felt nice to have my best friend back.

She sat down beside me, “Well, that’s good.” We were silent for a long time. “Have you talked to Gerard yet?”

“No. I keep calling, but he won’t answer.” Everything was falling into place, the only thing missing was Gerard. Eventually he would have to talk to me, and when he did I would make him listen. He would realize the mistake he made and we could be together.

There was no other option. If I couldn’t have Gerard, I don’t know what I would do. He was everything to me. I cared more about him than I had ever cared about anything else. I would never do anything to hurt him, and I just wish he could see that.

“He’ll come around eventually.” She threw her arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer to her.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and sighed. I really hoped she was right. If not, all of this was for nothing. All the heartbreak that I caused Mikey, what Bert did...

Gerard had to come back to me. I couldn’t live with myself if he didn’t, not now. Not after everything I had done, all the pain I caused.

I missed him more than words could express, and I know he missed me just as much. The last time I saw him, out on the porch, I could tell he didn’t want to believe any of this. He was so devastated. He still loves me, just as much as I love him. If not more.

“This weekend, I’ll go over to his house. I’d rather talk to him in person anyway.” At this point, I knew Gerard wouldn’t answer my calls. But if I showed up at his house, he would have to talk to me, whether he wanted to or not.

She nodded, “Okay, now how about we forget about everything and just have a nice night?”

“Sounds good to me.”

A//N: I know the past few updates have been utterly terrible, but I promise it'll start to get better soon. These have mainly just been filler chapters. Anyway, I just want to say thank you again for reading this (especially since it hasn't been that great lately). You guys are great. Keep telling me what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story