Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“I can handle this by myself.”

by TheBelittled 0 reviews

Gerard is freaking out.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-20 - Updated: 2012-11-21 - 640 words

0Unrated
She didn't want the screaming or yelling she received from Gerard. She didn't want him to be angry with her. She didn't want him to leave her, and the last one scared her. She was afraid he would break up with her after this. She knew she should have told him, not Kelly. She thought he would get angry, though that was an understatement. Gerard was livid at this point. He wanted to wring her father's throat more than anything else in the world.

"Gerard, it's fine," Courtney told him, watching him run a hand through his hair, pacing back and forth, contemplating how he would kill her dad; fast or slow. "I can handle this by myself."

"Yeah, you sure did a great job of that already," he yelled sarcastically at her. "Why couldn't you just come talk to me about this? Your father should be in jail for what he did. You're a minor, and not to mention, the man in your damn father!" he shouted, breathing heavily.

"Gerard, if the thing that really makes it horrible is that I'm a minor, then why aren't you disgusted by me?" she asked, standing up from his bed, walking up to him. He remained completely silent. "Exactly. So why don't you not bring up the fact that I'm a minor, more so the fact that it's rape, Gerard."

Gerard's breath caught in his throat. The thought made him angrier than before, if possible. How dare that man do this to her? Wasn't he suppose to be her father? Wasn't he suppose to care for her?

Gerard's anger took him over instantly. "You know what, fuck it. I'm talking to your dad. Maybe give him a beating along with it," he mumbled, heading for the bedroom door.

Courtney grabbed his arm, pulling him back. "Gerard, please, don't do this. What do I do if you get hurt? Can't you just stay here with me? I need you right now, Gee," she pleaded, tears threatening to spill. She wasn't sure why she was so emotional, she just felt like she needed Gerard to help her by comfort rather than having him beat her father until he was nothing more than ashes.

Gerard looked at her blankly. "Courtney, how can you just let him do that to you? You're better than that," he told her.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, Gerard, I get it, you love me, you don't need to defend me, I can do that all on my own if I have to, which it seems like I do. I don't want you I hurt my father, Gee, yes, he did something horrible, but you can't just hit him for it. He could fucking drag you to court if he had half a mind!"

"Yes, and what you don't seem to realize, is that you could do the exact same thing for this!" he yelled. "God, Courtney, he doesn't deserve to just be out in the open when he could do this to any girl he passes. You do realize that you put your family in danger too, right?" he asked her, crossing his arms.

"Gerard, I will do something about this, but please, just don't do anything for the time being," she begged, her eyes wide, a pout clear on her face.

Gerard sighed, "Fine. But I just want to make sure you're safe," he said, kissing her quickly.

"I know, and thank you so much for that," she muttered, smiling at him.

~x~

"How did he react?" Kelly asked several days later at school.

"He nearly tried to kill my father," Courtney told her, her hand balling into a fist at her side.

"I... I'm sorry, Courtney. Who would've thought he would react so horribly," she said.

Courtney shrugged. "Well, I'm heading to first period, see you third period."
Sign up to rate and review this story