Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“Mr. Way will kill us if we’re late.”

by TheBelittled 1 review

Courtney thinks she's ready to move on.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-20 - Updated: 2012-11-21 - 876 words

0Unrated
It took Courtney a while to get use to being without Gerard, but she dealt with it like she knew she needed to. Kelly was a bit worried about her, if she was okay, if she had moved on, if she had still been too upset to correctly function. Every little thing scared Kelly to no end, and it was becoming an aggravation. Not that she didn't understand why she was so upset.

"Kelly, if I'm bothering you, I can go and find somewhere to live, I don't have to stay here if you don't want me to," Courtney had tried to explain this to Kelly a countless amount of times, but it always failed to work. Every time she tried, Kelly would deny her as the nuisance she described herself to be.

As much as Courtney tried, she failed at every attempt. She didn't want to have her friend annoyed by her, she didn't want to have to be relying on her for everything, she just wanted to have someone help her through a tough time – nothing more, nothing less. Whether Kelly saw it that way or not, she was clueless.

"Courtney, come on, we have to get to school!" Kelly shouted from her bedroom to Courtney's, her backpack already on her back. Courtney didn't say a word, and Kelly assumed she was asleep. She sighed, walking into the guest room – which was now Courtney's – and saw her exactly where she thought she'd be, asleep in her bed. "Get your ass out of bed, now," she said, walking to the curtains, opening them.

Courtney groaned, shielding her eyes, looking at the clock, and rolling on her other side. Kelly placed her hands on her hips, shaking her head. She walked to Courtney, shaking her body. "Come on, we have to eat then get to school!" she shouted in her ear, causing Courtney to jump.

Courtney chuckled, "Two things, one, I don't eat breakfast, which you know. Two, it's five thirty in the morning. There's seriously no need to worry about being late – you're already ready to go! How long does it take you to make and eat breakfast?" she asked, sitting up in the bed, adjusting her pajama top.

"Half an hour to make it, ten minutes to eat it, and then fifty minutes to laze around the house," Kelly explained, a smile on her face all the while. "I might not be good in English class, but I sure as hell am not stupid, Courtney," she pulled the blanket off of Courtney, grabbing her hand and pushing her out of the bed. "Come on, at least this way, you'll be able to prepare yourself for third period. Or how you'll kill Mr. Way," she joked, opening the closet door. "Just get dressed."

Courtney smiled as Kelly left the room, grabbing clothes, hastily putting them on and walking out of her bedroom and into the kitchen. "Well, now that I'm awake, I can properly greet you," she said to Kelly, leaning against the counter. "Good morning, Kelly, and your toast is burning," she informed her, pointing toward the toaster.

Kelly looked behind her, smelling the burnt toast, lungeing her body at the toaster. "Shit," she muttered as she picked it up, putting it on a plate quickly.

"Too hot?" Courtney joked, a smile tugging at her lips. Kelly nodded. "I always wonder why you try. Even toast is too difficult for you, Kelly. I'm sorry, but that's a but pathetic, is it not?"

Kelly's face flushed, her eyes getting slightly wider. "I'll be in here, you can... do whatever."

~x~

Courtney stood at her locker, waiting for third period to begin. She was anything but excited, she just wanted to get it over with. She didn't want to deal with Gerard for too long, even though she knew he would try to make him talk to her – somehow.

Kelly had left her a few minutes prior, waiting outside Gerard's classroom, making sure she wasn't late. Somewhere along the lines of break, Brendon showed himself, and a friend. This left Courtney confused. She didn't think too much about it at that time, she just greeted her friend, asking who the other was.

"Oh, right," Brendon said, his abnormally large lips tugging upward, into a smile. "This is my friend, Darren," he introduced him.

Darren smiled, extending his hand for Courtney to shake. Courtney smiled back in return, grabbing Darren's hand and shaking it like he oh-so begged to have done. "Hi, I'm Courtney," the smile on her face couldn't go away. "It's nice to meet you," she let go of his hand, trying to make her smile fade by biting her lip, though, it didn't work.

Before Darren got to say anything, the bell rang. "Sorry, Courtney and I have to go," Brendon said, his attention turning to Darren. "Mr. Way will kill us if we're late. Apparently, he's been a lot tougher on students lately."

Courtney had a feeling that was her fault. She didn't want to admit to something like that – honestly, she never would – but she knew it had to be. It's not like it was a coincidence. She couldn't only imagine how much more like hell this would be than she thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story