Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“Did we get into one together?”

by TheBelittled 0 reviews

Courtney finally gets her letters back from her applied colleges; for Gerard, it's not too pleasant,

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-12-09 - Updated: 2012-12-10 - 1154 words

0Unrated
Before anyone got the chance to fully come into the classroom, Gerard was yelling at them all. His anger was fueled more this period than it had been any other. He wanted to just forget everything that happened, but it was futile. He hated himself for what he did, and he wanted nothing more than for Courtney to know he was sorry.

Though, that seemed far fetched.

He went on and on all period, yelling about who knows what. The kids seemed to understand, but he may just be yelling about the planned lesson and not even be aware of it. Honestly, he had no clue. All he knew was that he wanted to get the hell out of that classroom – that, or for Courtney to get out. He honestly couldn't say what he felt, though, much less what he wanted himself or Courtney to do.

As for the students, they were terrified out of their wits. Honestly, they didn't know why Mr. Way was being so horrible suddenly – well, all but Courtney and Kelly. As for them, they were just aggravated. Angry slightly that they had to see Gerard's face. That was more what sparked their anger than whatever he was saying. They weren't paying attention, just laughing in their minds about just how ridiculous he was being.

After class, they headed their separate ways, laughing about Gerard. The entirety of the class was clueless, staring at them as though they lost their minds. They couldn't have cared less, they walked their separate ways, shouting more and more things to each other before getting into their own classrooms.

~x~

The following weeks seemed to be simplistic for Courtney, but a pain for Gerard. He took the entire situation harder than her, surprisingly. This shocked even Courtney. She thought she would be in tears for weeks and weeks until she couldn't cry anymore, but it was quite the opposite. She moved on relatively quickly, and she couldn't care less how Gerard was reacting.

Before anyone was aware of what was going on, the seniors were getting their letters from multiple colleges. Before the year even ended, students were already planning on moving out of the state and starting their college careers. Everything seemed to be moving so quickly, the seniors in general didn't even know which way was up and which was down.

As for the others who didn't even know what college they were going to, they anxiously awaited letters. Honestly, Courtney couldn't wait to get out of New Jersey. She couldn't stand it, especially since this place held Gerard Way. No matter what her opinion was on the actual place itself, it would always be tainted in her mind because of Gerard.

Gerard was beginning to loathe every single thing in the world. His brother couldn't even help him. No one could, actually. He wasn't going to listen, that's one thing everyone who attempted to help him knew. He had become increasingly aggravated, extraordinarily conspicuous, and most of all – annoying. No one could be in a room with him for five measly minutes, whether they wanted to or not.

Courtney had been constantly asked about what college she wanted to go to, and that was the only thing on her mind. She was nervous when no replies came from any schools. Her stress confused many of her friends. They honesty thought schools would be stupid not to accept her.

"You guys don't understand," she told them as they ate lunch. "This isn't just for education. These schools are for performing arts – if they don't accept me, it won't usually be because of my bloated brain, it'll be because I'm not talented enough to get in," she was already under the impression that no college she wanted to go to would accept her. "Plus, on the off chance this happened, I applied to other schools. It's not a big deal."

Everyone stressed about what she was saying, but she ignored it completely, simply waiting for the day she got one of her letters.

When she arrived home with Kelly later that day, Kelly was bickering on and on about how they might not be able to go to college together because Courtney hadn't gotten any of her letters yet. "I mean, come on, it'd be totally unfair if I got in and you didn't!"

Courtney couldn't really do much but roll her eyes, shrugging her backpack off. She was sick of all the college talk. Everyone was so focused on where they would be five and a half months ahead of time. She didn't really want for all of her friends to leave while she may very well be stuck in Jersey.

"I mean," Kelly paused, then changed her statement. "We could be roommates if we both get accepted into one school!" she exclaimed happily, a smile on her lips.

"Doubtful," Courtney muttered, looking through her backpack for her homework. "Not many people get so lucky as to room with their friend."

Kelly pouted, folding her arms. "Well, you're just one negative Nancy, aren't you?" she said sarcastically. "Need help?" she asked.

Courtney nodded, pulling her head out of her backpack and handing it to Kelly. "Knock yourself out," she muttered, sitting against the wall. "Its just my binder I'm asking for, though. Don't pull every single thing out and leave it on the floor."

Kelly chuckled, "When do I do that?" she asked.

"Just... help me find my binder. Nothing more."

~x~

"Courtney, you're being ridiculous," Brendon complained, following Courtney as she paced around her bedroom. "He really likes you."

"Then why couldn't Darren just ask me on his own. Why would he send you to tell me?" she asked, turning around to face Brendon, her movements stopping completely.

"He didn't send me!" Brendon shouted. "How many times to I have to say this, Courtney? Darren likes you. He told me. He didn't want me to tell you, but I thought you two should go out. You've been... odd lately. You deserve someone to make you happy."

"Shows how trustworthy you are," Courtney muttered, scratching her head, "but fine. I'll think about it."

Brendon smiled, quickly walking out of the house, shouting a "Thank you!" as he walked out.

Courtney sat down on her bed, her mind clogged with thoughts. It was all interrupted when Kelly walked inside, notes in her hand. "Guess who got a ton of letters back?" she asked.

Courtney grabbed them out of her hands, searching through all of them. "Three. I didn't get accepted into three."

"How many did you apply to?" Kelly asked.

"About... shit, seven, I think."

Kelly smiled, hugging Courtney. "Did we get into one together?" she asked.

Courtney nodded, and Kelly's grip around her got tighter. Courtney began feeling like she couldn't breathe. She pulled Kelly away, leaning against her pillows. "I get that you're happy, but you don't need to suffocate me."
Sign up to rate and review this story