Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Time Like The Present

Time To Forget

by IndiaGirl 1 review

"It means 'don't you cry'. It means 'You are safe'." / The Last Chapter

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-11-23 - Updated: 2012-11-23 - 3604 words - Complete

1Moving
After a few days, Gerard was sick and tired of being stuck inside. He knew that today could potentially be the day he was discharged, but he'd have to wait for Frank to appear. He wanted to have everything ready, since he hoped, Mikey could be out today too - or maybe tomorrow. Then, they could go. Frank walked back from the little cafe corner in the hospital, bringing two coffees, he thought Gerard would be let out today and he hadn't had coffee in days. He walked in the room, smiling, passing the hot drink to his boyfriend, "I brought you coffee." Gerard beamed at the mere sight of the coffee.
"Thanks Frank," He grinned, sipping the hot liquid with enthusiasm. "Am I being discharged?" Frank nodded, happily, taking a sip of his own.
"So is Mikey." He sighed in relief. Gerard smiled, reaching over to his bedside to collect his belongings.
"We'll go home." He reassured, nodding at Frank.
"Awesome," Frank smiled, "But first," He smiled, leaning in, kissing Gerard's cheek. "Continue." Frank giggled, softly, placing Gerard's things in his bag. Gerard wriggled, trying to swing his legs out of the bed. He still felt a little bit numb, but he could walk.
"As I proved the other night, I can carry you, if you like?" He asked, blushing a little bit, holding his hand out, if Gerard needed any assistance.
"I'm alright. Might have to carry Mikey though." He asked, softly. "He's light. Lighter than you, even."
"He does look pretty light," Frank smiled, "I'm sure you two will be fine, but we should get a snack, so we can eat something small on the train."
"Okay." Gerard groaned, pushing himself from the bed. He moved to the small bathroom in his room and changed as quickly as he could manage. Frank discharged him from the hospital, carrying his items, and they made their way to Mikey's room. They knocked on Mikey's door, smiling, seeing Mikey, ready to go, his bags packed as well as him being changed, looking a lot better than normal. Mikey moved as fast as he could, clutching his side as he walked. He limped towards Gerard and hugged him, burying his face in Gerard's chest, breathing in his usual scent and sighing happily. It had been a while since he had been able to hug Gerard like this and he intended to make it a good one.
"Awh." Frank cooed, smiling, taking all their bags, carrying them to the station. "Everyone good?"
"Fine," Gerard hummed, an arm around Mikey's back, walking along slowly. "Just fine."
"Good," He smiled, paying for their tickets, taking a seat on the train, yawning slightly. Gerard sat down, adjusting to make sure Mikey was comfortable beside him. Mikey leant on his shoulder, smiling softly, curling up beside Gerard with one of his comic books in hand. Frank yawned again, curling up opposite Gerard.
"I'm sleepy," He rubbed his eyes, leaning his back against the window.
"You should rest." Gerard replied quietly, reading the comic out of the corner of his eyes.
"I'll try," Frank smiled, sighing happily. "This is nice, very peaceful, nice atmosphere." Frank added, taking very softly.
"It's alright." Gerard mumbled, looking around him. "Too many people, though." Frank nodded.
"Agreed," He sighed, shutting his eyes, yawning again.

Gerard stayed awake, all the way through the journey, which was a little longer than he remembered - though he had been asleep the last time. Once the train pulled into the station, he gently shook Mikey, waking him up, doing the same to Frank. Frank rubbed his eyes, sitting up.
"Oops, must of fallen asleep," He smiled, standing up, slightly shakily.
"The whole way." Gerard smiled, trying his best to hold onto both Frank and Mikey, still feeling a little shaky himself. Frank stood up, getting his balance.
"Watch your step, okay? I don't want you getting hurt, either of you." Frank beamed, softly, grabbing the bags, taking Gerard's hand.
"Trying," Gerard laughed weakly, stepping off the train and hobbling slowly home, looking out for the others more than he should have. They arrived home, Gerard's face a white sheet, as he stepped inside.
"You okay?" He asked, looking up at Gerard, dumping their bags in the living room.
"J-just fine." He mumbled, looking around him. He'd forgotten how many bad memories this provided him with. Frank held the older boys hand firmly.
"Where do you want to go? Living room? Your room? We could watch some TV?" He suggested, shrugging.
"I don't know, to be honest." Gerard sighed, standing awkwardly. "Doesn't feel right. Maybe I should sleep." He mumbled, pushing himself through to the living room.
"Okay," He smiled, following Gerard, "Want a blanket or anything?" Frank sat on the other couch, close to the one which Gerard currently laid on.
"Nah, I'm okay. Just gotta sleep, I guess. I'll be alright later, okay?" Gerard reassured himself, laying down on the sofa.
"Okay," He smiled, slumping into the couch, turning the tv on quietly. Gerard lay, listening to Frank's sighs as he gazed with boredom at shopping ads and and Christmas adverts. It wasn't even near Christmas, it was only November.
"Fuckin' terrible tv," Frank groaned, mumbling to himself, sighing, flicking through the channels. "Shit, shit, shit, oh, there is another channel, it's shit." He mumbled, talking to himself. Gerard giggled softly in his sleep, drifting off quietly to the sound of Frank's voice. Frank groaned, moaning to himself about the crap shows and channels, "Grr..." He looked over at Gerard, falling asleep with a smile on his face.

Gerard awoke, feeling bedraggled and lost. As much as he hated his house, he didn't want to leave. He barely wanted to leave the sofa. Frank looked over.
"Hi, sleepy head." He smiled, blushing slightly.
"Hey." Gerard mumbled, blinking furiously in the light. "W-what time is it?"
"Um... 4pm, why?" He ran a hand through his hair, turning the light off.
"Feels like I slept all night." Gerard huffed, sitting up. He felt so odd. Frank shook his head, gently.
"Nope, but a good couple of hours." He smiled, flicking through the tv, "It's all so shit!" He giggled.
"It's always shit. I don't know, put the music channels on." Gerard murmured, curling towards Frank. Frank smiled.
"Okay," He put on Kerrang!, giggling softly, "Comfy?" He asked, seeing Gerard's curled next to him.
"Yeah, I guess so." Gerard replied, softly. He wasn't really sure how he felt. Mikey was conspicuous in his absence. Frank nodded his head, giving Gerard a quick peck on the crown, grinning.

Gerard spent the next few weeks, mostly with a bad, bad headache. One that, despite the pain pills, will never really leave you. His days were long, though he mostly slept through them, not even bothering to have told the school where he and Frank had gone. They never really assumed anything odd about Mikey - he wasn't supposed to be at school anyway.


Frank decided that he was going to go to school - and Gerard felt that he had to go with him. Frank sat in French class, hearing the bell ring, so he decided as usual, to go upstairs and see Gerard. He knocked on the door.
"Hi." Gerard jumped, glancing up at Frank as he entered the room.
"Hi Frank." He said, coldly, continuing his painting. He wasn't sure if Frank would enjoy seeing his latest paintings.
"How are you? Haven't seen you all day," He sighed softly, taking a seat in the corner of the room.
"Okay." Gerard sniffed, concentrating deeply on his painting. "I've kinda been hiding up here."
"How come?" Frank walked over, sitting next to him.
"People are mean." Gerard huffed, dabbing his paintbrush thoughtfully.
"We both know that, a little too well, but I mean, specifically, who?" Frank asked, slightly worried.
"I don't know their names." Gerard sighed. "I have important things to remember, my brain only stores so much stuff."
"I see," Frank sighed, frowning slightly, "I just worry, y'know."
"I know you do." Gerard mumbled, his hand touching Frank's softly. He painted with the other. Frank smiled, blushing from the contact.
"I like your painting," He spoke softly.
"Do you?" Gerard asked, a little surprised. The painting, at first glance, was completely - insane. It had dark imagery, something which Frank was sure was blood - pale, touching fingertips, cuts and vines. It was indescribable, to any average mind. Frank nodded his head, gently.
"I like it. So much detail, but so much mystery." He smiled, looking at the painting.
"I'm glad someone does." Gerard sighed, glancing a little towards the teachers art studio, with an icy glare.
"I'm guessing, Mr Moon, isn't a giant fan?" He smirked, "Well, I like it, it's very well done."
"He thinks I should go to a mental home and stay there." Gerard grumbled. "He doesn't say it, but I'm not stupid. All the teachers are talking about me."
"Don't listen to them, Gee. You're not crazy, not even close." Frank smiled, kissing his cheek.
"I'm not so sure." Gerard replied, his gaze absent. He didn't even flinch as Frank's lips touched his cheek.
"Gee, don't say that." He sighed, looking upset. Gerard shook his head, softly.
"Don't be upset." Gerard murmured, reaching out to Frank. Frank stood up, backing away a little. Frank leant on the table.
"You're not crazy, I'm being serious." He sighed, "I just... Don't want you thinking like that."
"I always thought I could trust my mind, Frank." Gerard turned his chair, looking away from the painting. "But now?"
"I know, but you're not," He sighed, walking over to him, sitting next to him again, "You haven't done anything, that backs it up."
"I can't be sure." Gerard pushed himself up, to stand. "Maybe we should go for a walk, or something."
"Okay," Frank smiled, opening the door. Gerard walked briskly, down the stairs. Hopefully, people would be in lesson. As they wandered out of the double doors, Gerard's body tensed up. Frank could see something was wrong as he walked beside him.
"You okay?" He asked, wary.
"Y-yeah, j-just fine." Gerard mumbled, walking alongside Frank. He moved his hand blindly, trying to grasp Frank's hand in his own slightly sweaty palm. Frank took Gerard's hand comfortingly.
"Your palms, Gee, just be honest, what's wrong?" Frank asked, softly, just wondering what was up with the older boy.
"I'm fine, honest." Gerard trembled, pushing the hair out of his eyes in time to see the largely sized jock swaggering towards him. The boy, who must have been the same age as Gerard- was at least one and a half times bigger. His muscles were emphasised by his varsity jacket, which he had selected in two awful clashing colours. His expression was vacant as he walked, with only one intention. "How're you doing, dearest GayWay?" He laughed. Gerard snorted - not his best idea - but come on. GayWay? Frank looked up at the older boy, scoffing.
"Fucking prick." He laughed sharply, chewing his lip ring, holding Gerard's hand, firmly.
"What did you call me?" The boy hissed, prodding his finger into Frank's chest. Gerard watched, squeezing Frank's hand to the point where he thought he might have broken a bone. He really didn't want to lose it. He couldn't. Not now.
"Did you just fucking touch me?!" Frank shouted, standing on his tiptoes, looking the boy in the eye, keeping Gerard behind him. "Just go back to your dumb ass girlfriend, and go get laid. Bye." He snarled. Gerard breathed, shutting his eyes, listening.
"I could say the same to you." The older boy grinned wickedly, an aggressive snarl crawling onto his face.
"Stop sucking oxygen and do us all a favour." Frank snapped viciously, pushing the boy away, taking Gerard by the arm, and walking in the other direction. "You okay?" He asked, looking up at his boyfriend.
"I think so." Gerard replied, staring wildly around him, paranoid.
"Good, I'm sorry, I had to." Frank hummed worriedly, kissing his cheek, continuing to walk.
"It's.. Alright." Gerard mumbled, glancing around him, his shoulders tensed protectively. Gerard's brow was sweaty as he noticed his brother, approaching from the mathematics block. He'd started going to school recently, for the first time - in a long time. Gerard moved over to him quickly. Frank's hand slipped away from Gerard's, as he walked over to Mikey. Frank followed close behind, pulling something out of his bag. Gerard pulled Mikey towards him, into a surprise hug.
"What's wrong, Gerard?" Mikey asked, muffled, his fingers moving around Gerard's back. Gerard held onto him for a few moments before pulling away.
"N-nothing, Mikes, just.. Thought I'd come see you. Frank flicked through his bag, making sure he had everything, before turning to face Gerard and Mikey. Gerard paused, looking at Frank softly, and sadly for a moment. He reached towards him and kissed him, properly, pulling him into him, then releasing him. Frank stood stunned, enjoying the kiss that lasted a few seconds.
"Um.. Okay, thank you." Frank hummed, nodding his head towards Gerard. Gerard stepped back, pressing a kiss to Mikey's forehead before backing away slowly. He turned and broke into a jog, running down the path and towards the woods. He attempted to pass through the school field - but didn't get too far. Frank and Mikey, stood stunned on the path way.
"Gee! Come back!" They shouted in unison, Frank running after him. Mikey moved as fast as he could, still hobbling a little. Gerard stood, throwing his hands out in front of him, suddenly stressed as people surrounded him. His breath got shorter, his heart beating faster, his brow sweating profusely. Frank stopped, a few meters away, backing behind a tree. Gerard began to lash out at the jocks, knocking them to the ground with a sharp swipe from his fist or a vicious kick. Frank and Mikey shut their eyes, praying this wasn't happening. Gerard screamed, his punches colliding viciously with the other people, some of them provoking them, most of them simply trying to stop him from killing someone. He fell to his knees, surrounded by the groaning school students, as Mikey darted quickly and cautiously towards him. Gerard glared, his eyes ferocious as he did so. Frank pulled Mikey back by the arm, realising what was going to happen.
"Mikey, don't."
"But he needs me!" Mikey cried, trying to tug away from him. By this point Gerard was crying, his hands yanking his hair, his fingertips digging into his scalm. His sobs were heard all around the field - a line of students and teachers watched, as he crawled absently, choking on his own depression, finally cracking under the pressure.
"Fine." Frank let go, "You'll get hurt though." He sighed, walking slowly towards Gerard, his hands out before him, protecting him.
"I don't care." Mikey shrugged Frank on his shoulder, moving to his hands and knees towards Gerard. "Gerard." He spoke, softly. Gerard whipped his head towards Mikey and cried. "I'm crazy Mikey! I'm crazy!" He yelled, writhing under his own, poisonous skin. Frank gulped, looking at Mikey.
"What do we do?!" He felt himself begin to sob, as he looked at Gerard, "Gee..."
Mikey crawled further towards him.
"Gerard." He repeated, leaning to push his finger against Gerard's lips. Gerard paused, shutting his eyes.
"Mikes, could you tell me what that means?" Frank asked very softly, sitting down, about a meter away from the brothers. He hoped he wouldn't - antagonize Gerard any further. Mikey breathed, removing his finger from Mikey's lips and letting Gerard replace it with his own finger. Mikey pushed a fingertip against his own lips and stared intently at Gerard, who stared straight back, with a hard, unwilling gaze.
"It means 'I'm here.'." Mikey whispered, his eyes locked with Gerard's. "It means 'don't you cry'. It means 'You are safe'." Frank sniffed, a little moved, looking at the brothers.
"Apparently our dad did it.." Mikey whispered, moving closer to Gerard. "It's been everything to us." Gerard took Mikey suddenly in his arms and hugged him, squeezing him tight. Mikey coughed a little, struggling only just in Gerard's tight grip.
"G-gerard - n-not so t-tight-" Frank gulped, sighing, concered for Mikey's wellfare.
"It's sweet, it truly is." Gerard continued squeezing him, sobbing hard into his shoulder. Mikey's face turned red as the air was squeezed out of him.
"C-come on, Gee," He spluttered, moving his hands up to grip his brother's cheeks. By now Mikey was crying, finding it hard to breathe as his lungs were squeezed. Gerard just needed to hold onto him, needed him right there beside him. Frank gulped, moving an inch closer, hopefully telling Gerard he was there for him. He shakily put his finger to his lips, crying, begging for Gerard to let Mikey go. Mikey squeaked, gasping for air as he collapsed, falling back against his brother's chest, his mind going dark as he fought for his survival. Gerard watched warily, as Frank approached, holding Mikey away from him.
"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise, or Mikey." Frank kept his head down, his breathing becoming erratic. Gerard looked down, his younger brother a breathless, broken frame in his arms. He knew what he'd done, exactly what he'd done, but his mind hadn't processed it yet and he couldn't make his mind go straight. Mikey wobbled, his last breath escaping him, his hand still clamped around Gerard's, a finger still pressed against his lips.
"I f-forgive y-you," Mikey whispered, his eyes staring sadly into Gerard's, before he gasped, his eyes drooping, and his body releasing any air that was left. Gerard sobbed and dropped his brother, holding his own head in fright. He'd done it. He always knew it would happen one day. But now it had and he could barely believe it. He pushed his fists down on Mikey's heart through his chest, blowing air into his lungs, trying to reverse his mistakes, but it was very little use. He was reduced to punching Mikey in the chest, crying and collapsing, knelt beside him. He was- an awful person. Mikey had never done a thing and now - now he was suffering again. Now..
Frank broke down in tears, his head in his hands as he sat confused and upset, staring open mouthed at his boyfriend, and his limp, broken body of a brother he had cradled in his arms. Frank quivered, pushing himself forward.
"He's g-gone, now."Gerard whispered, as he cocked his head towards Frank whilst he spoke, his wild gaze piercing into Frank's eyes. "I'm a murderer." He remarked, tears splashing down him as he shook his head in denial. "I always told you this would happen! You should have just let me go and never seen me again!" He shrieked, holding Mikey's lifeless body against him protectively. "I don't want to go to jail.." Gerard croaked, his face mad, riddled with insanity and guilt. Frank gulped.
"You didn't do it on purpose though, Gee, it just... Happened." He sniffed, chocking on his tears, looking at Mikey and Gerard. Gerard gripped Mikey's body tightly, crying into him, watching as teachers approached, along with an ambulance that geared it's way around the corner. He turned to Frank, his eyes locking.
"I love you, Frank." He said, staring. The men approached, and he screamed, tugging onto his hair, pushing himself away. The fingertips touched him and pushed drugs into his system, ripping Mikey away from Gerard's clenched fists. Gerard retaliated, swinging his body viciously, colliding into Frank and striking him hard in the side, knocking him viciously off his feet - completely by accident, of course. Gerard sobbed mornfully as the watched Frank writhing a little in the intense pain, before they handcuffed him, and loaded him away into an ambulance. Gerard's hands were cuffed behind him, his face confused, like a child, alone.
"I love you too, Gee." Frank cried openly, his hands looking back at him, driving off in the police van. He looked back at Frank, and nodded sadly, acceptingly, as he was shoved into the back of a police van. Frank looked around him, utterly confused as to what had just happened, his mind screaming, choking on the world which was suddenly crushing down on him. He was invited along in the ambulance, still a crying mess, watching over Mikey, who it seemed, was already gone. He could hope. He could always hope.

Gerard opened his eyes, groaning in the white light that splashed across him. Around him, were doctors- men and women donning white coats, carrying syringes and clipboards, glasses perched precariously on the end of their noses. His wrists and ankles were strapped down, holding him against the table. He didn't like this at all, but the drugs he had obviously been given kept him in a numb, calm state. As the doctors approached him, squeezing liquid into their syringes, he recognized the drug very clearly. Which was when he remembered what it was. It was the drug. The Drug. Gerard sighed in relief, his hands relaxing from their clenched form. He could leave this place. He could go back to school. He could go do art. He could go out and enjoy the snow. He could live, like a normal person. Maybe he could go and see Frank in hospital.

Why?

They were going to make him forget.

----------------

So that's the end, I hope you guys liked this rp c:
me and sam are doing another one soon c:
r&r?
Sign up to rate and review this story