Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > No Time Like The Present

Icy Cold Skin

by IndiaGirl 0 reviews

"You said: No time like the present." Frank blushed, feeling embarrassed that he had remembered that.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-22 - Updated: 2012-11-22 - 6857 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard awoke quietly, bustling at the tiny kitchen for coffee. The coffee here sucked and Gerard knew it, but he needed coffee, and he needed it now. Frank woke up about ten minutes after, rubbing his eyes, sitting up slowly.
"Morning,"
"Morning." Gerard replied, putting down the phone, picking up his coffee mug.
"Just wondering, have we still got shitty coffee?" Frank asked, smiling softly, stepping out of bed, in only his boxers.
"Yeah, I left a little in case you wanted some." Gerard sighed, twiddling his fingers. "We can't see Mikey today."
"Thanks, and how come?" Frank spoke softly, frowning, leaning against the kitchen counter top, facing the older boy.
"When I was over their last time, he was having a bit of discomfort." He murmured. "They put him under and he's just.. not waking up. Well - he's awake, but he won't do anything or respond.. Some kind of bad reaction to the medicine."
"Aw, Gee, I'm really sorry, but I have a feeling he will get much better quickly, try not to worry." Frank sighed, pouring himself a mug of coffee, taking a sip. "Yep, that still tastes terrible."
"I know." Gerard replied, calmly. "Dr Pegrum assured me. He's going to do the best he can. Says he likes us. Has a little brother of his own."
"You seem very... Calm." He looked up at him, "Just that this isn't your normal behaviour." Frank put his mug down, not wanting another taste.
"I took some extra pills. I don't feel much." Gerard mumbled softly, holding his mug in his hands, enjoying the warmth and ignoring the coffee itself. "If I start crying later, then just.. Well, you'll why." He shrugged.
"I'll keep an eye out, alright?" Frank smiled, "Damn, I'm so small," Frank giggled, standing on his tiptoes. Gerard tried to smile, looking down sadly. He wanted to be happy. He wanted to try. "I know." He replied, his eye twinkling softly.
"I found it funny, when you called me 'funsized'." Frank laughed softly, yawning, sitting on the bed.
"Well.. You are." Gerard hummed, placing his cold coffee beside him.
Frank smiled softly, blushing, "I'm taking that as a compliment." He gulped, laying back on the bed.
Gerard nodded quietly, twiddling his thumbs. He took one of the books he had failed to give to Mikey out of his bag beside him and hunched up his feet, burying his nose in it.
"Oh, I forgot to give you something yesterday," He smiled, reaching into his back pack. Gerard lowered the book, his eyes peering over the top of it. He watched Frank with intent. Frank pulled out a Batman comic, limited edition, in a thin zip lock bag.
"Here," He passed the comic book to Gerard. Gerard gasped, holding the comic as if it could save his life.
"W-where did you get this?" Gerard asked, cradling the comic book in his fingers.
"There is on old looking comic shop, down the street, I walked in, and I found this, hoping you might like it," Frank blushed hard, smiling softly.
"I really like it." Gerard nodded, putting it carefully on the bedside before slipping over and wrapping his hands around Frank's neck. "Thanks."
"Welcome," Frank smiled, happily, wrapping his arms around Gerard's waist, "I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've done for me, y'know."
"That's alright." He nodded, holding tightly onto Frank for a few moments before stepping back. "I might.. go out, get some art supplies and stuff."
Frank nodded, smiling, still blushing, "Okay," He replied, tucking some hair behind his ear, feeling happy with himself.
"Do you want to come?" Gerard asked, softly, pulling on his jeans. He really needed to buy some new ones - these ones were getting kinda.. well, gross. Frank shrugged.
"Why not," He smiled, standing up, putting on his jeans and a shirt. Frank stood by the door.
"Hold on." Gerard tucked the comic away, in a drawer. He obviously felt that it had some sort of significance and didn't want it to be taken. "Okay, let's go." He smiled gently, pulling Mikey's bag onto his shoulder, taking Frank's hand in his own, to Frank's surprise. Frank smiled, intertwining their fingers, walking out of the hotel, and into the street.
"So, how did you start being interested in art?" He asked.
"I've always loved it." Gerard grinned, a little twinkle forming in his eye. "My dad was good at it, too."
"You're so amazing," Frank smiled, "Honestly, you really are, Gee." Frank looked up at him, seeing him smile. "You definitely have an eye for seeing the beauty in everyday life." Gerard smiled softly, his hand holding a little too tightly onto Frank's.
"There's beauty everywhere, you know?" He studied the area around him, carefully. "There's bad things too. But they don't necessarily spoil the good things."
"You really make an impact, I just love to listen to what you're thinking," Frank smiled, giggling very softly, "I hate to make you blush, but, you have an adorable smile." His cheeks burnt, looking down at the ground, shyly.
"You don't hate making me blush," Gerard hummed, enjoying their old conversations, when he would do something intelligent and impressive, and Frank would coo about it. He missed it. "You love making me blush." Frank coughed, embarrassed.
"Yeah, I do, because... I can't explain why, I just love to see you blush, it's cute." He admitted, blushing harder himself, sighing happily. Gerard nodded, happy with his observation. He took Frank by the hand into an art store, looking around with wonder at the various paints, sketchbooks and pencils. Frank's eyes widened at the paintings, sketches and drawings.
"W-Wow," He spoke softly, just mesmerized. Gerard separated himself from Frank, letting go of his hand to explore the store entirely. He was enjoying himself for once. Frank wandered around, taken back by the store.
"Everything's....So beautiful." Frank mumbled to himself, looking around the store. Gerard returned moments later, his hands clutching a sketchbook, some paints, pencils and some coloured ones. His face bore a soft grin.
"The store.. Is just... So..." Frank smiled, turning his head to look at everything scattered on the walls.
"I like it. It's almost like an art museum. Not quite as good, though." Gerard smiled, studying the items in his palms, counting the price.
"It's just, wow." Frank grinned, babbling like an idiot. Frank opened the door, for Gerard, "This is just an idea, do you want to grab some actual coffee? The stuff that doesn't taste... Horrendous?"
"Hold on! Gotta pay. I'm no criminal." Gerard hurried away, returning with a considerably large sized bag in his hand. "Coffee. Yes." He said, pushing his hand back into Frank's. Frank giggled, taking Gerard's hand.
"Awesome," He smiled, giggling, "Wow, you got a lot." Frank looked at the bag.
"I.. I miss it. I gotta get some of those thoughts out. Can't do it without my arts." Gerard joked quietly, walking along aside Frank. Frank giggled, smiling.
"I'll pay, I think you've spent enough today," He sighed happily, flicking some of his hair out of his face.
"You sure? I mean.." Gerard flicked open Mikey's wallet, looking through it. "We've got plenty." Frank shook his head, snatching the wallet, stuffing it back in Gerard's jean pocket.
"I'll pay." He smiled.
"Okay." Gerard complied, following Frank into a small coffee shop. The windows were frosted up and the air inside was warm, thick with the scent of freshly ground coffee beans. Frank stood in the queue, it looked long but he couldn't tell. His height always got on his nerves.
"Um.. I know we are near the back of the line, but how many people are in front of us? I can't... See," He laughed softly, his cheeks red, raising himself onto his tip toes.
"Uh.." Gerard hummed, only raising himself a little to see over. "Five. Two women and three men. The first woman is ordering a tea, the second will order a caramel frappuccino. The first man is going to order an iced tea, and the last two men are going to order expressos-" He paused, thinking. "To go." He returned to his normal height, taking Frank's hand once more.
"Wow, Impressive, and thanks for looking for me."Frank smiled, taking his hand, standing close. Frank yawned, gulping.
"S'alright." Gerard replied, moving forward in the queue as the first woman moved past with - as expected, a tea in her hands.
"Mind reader." He smiled, giggling softly.
"What can I say?" Gerard shrugged, boasting just a little. "I'm getting better at getting into people's heads."
"What am I thinking?" He asked, smiling, trying not to giggle. Gerard turned, studying Frank's face with intent.
"You're thinking you'd like to ask for a winter Cinnamon Dolce Latte, but you don't want to seem silly, because it's not really Christmas yet." He murmured. "So you're going to get a normal coffee instead. But not anymore, because I intend to purchase the one you really want."
"Damn you," Frank grinned. "You really can't look me in the eye, I just gaze at you and I feel crazy." Frank giggled, looking into Gerard's eyes, slightly lost. Gerard laughed gently and stepped forward. Second woman - caramel frappuccino. Frank followed, smiling.
"Is it me, or is it freezing?" He asked, shivering slightly.
"It is winter." Gerard reminded, stepping forward as the line diminished a little. "We need to go shopping. I don't have any spare clothes with me." He mumbled, embarrassed.
"Sorry, I forget," He giggled, a little embarrassed, "Me too, saying that," Frank shrugged, still holding Gerard's hand tightly.
"Maybe we can go later. I'll get a few things for Mikey too. He'll like that." Gerard said quietly, making his way to the counter, ordering for both of them. Frank handed him the money, smiling softly, brushing hair out of his face.
"Good idea," He spoke softly.

They returned to a small table, secluded in the corner of the coffee shop, beside the condensed window, looking out over the frosty street. Gerard held a chair out to Frank, before sitting down in his own, hauling his art supplies onto the table and looking through them. Frank blushed, smiling, sitting down.
"Thank you," He gasped over exaggeratedly, looking at the mountain of supplies, "Woah," Gerard ran his fingers over the various supplies, but mostly the large sketchbook which he held in his palms. He looked at it lovingly.
"I would love if one day, I could perhaps, watch you draw?" Frank asked, apprehensive, blushing. "At school, I only saw you for about five minutes, but, it just seemed so interesting to watch you." Frank took a slightly deeper breath, wondering what the older boys response would be. Gerard flipped open the book, rubbing his thumb with a soft, greedy smile over the fresh, crisp page. He pulled out a new set of pencils from his bag and popped one out, putting the remaining art supplies back in the bag and making room on the table.
"How about I draw you, now?" Gerard folded his arms on the table, watching Frank intently. Frank smiled, nodding softly, "Go ahead, but I've never been drawn, do I have to do anything?" Frank asked, blushing, gulping a little.
"I've already memorized your facial structure." He remarked, looking down at the sketchbook. "Just.. continue talking. I don't know, tell me a story."
"Um... Okay? Once, I skipped social studies, because this jock was shouting at me, so I sat by a tree, wondering who to talk to. I suddenly saw an older boy, messy, raven black hair, sat on the other side of the field, I walked over, and I was so terrified." He smiled, blushing.
"Keep going," Gerard encouraged, his gaze still focused on the drawing. He flicked up his eyes occasionally, taking subtle looks. Frank smiled, finding himself blushing more.
"I sat down, seeing the boy draw, he was very talented, but when he looked up at me for the first time, I thought I'd melt, I'd died and gone to heaven, his eyes were the most stunning shade of hazel, I had ever seen..." Gerard paused, the corner of his mouth upturned just slightly as he continued watching his work.
"Go on.."
"We started talking, he intrigued me, but I got this weird feeling, I had no idea what it was at the time, I thought I was being stupid with my emotions. But nope, we talked more and more, and we sat in a clearing, I held his hand and he gave me my first kiss..." Frank blushed hard, smiling, looking down at the table, taking a gulp of coffee. Gerard sketched lightly, nodding as Frank talked.
"You've got more to say."
"I've got a lot more," Frank beamed. "Well, we started to talk again and he didn't judge me, or hate me like everyone else, he really seemed to understand me. I kind of got the weird feeling once more, and I realised something, pretty spectacular..." Frank sighed happily.
"And how did you describe that?" Gerard asked, his tongue poking gently from the corner of his mouth.
"That it was like; You really like everything about another person, either gender, where you want to spend all your time talking to them, where you know what they're thinking and that you just have this.. connection, like, you know how the other person feels and you feel guilty because you care about them so much, and you want to fix that. Weird little things like that, you know? You just feel a deep attachment to that person." He smiled, proud of himself, remembering everything, word for word. "I realised then, that I was in love."
Gerard nodded softly, making small details on his drawing.
"What did the older boy say? Do you remember?" Frank smiled. He remembered this one especially. "The older boy said two things on the subject, firstly he said about chemical balances, neuro-transmitters and hormones. Then after I explained what I thought, he twisted my words, because he's cheeky like that and said, Love is when you don't see your life being perfect with that person, but you'd rather look over their impurities and stay with them, because you know you could never stand anyone else." Frank loved that saying.
"So, you listened to me." Gerard noted, concentrating. "Because you're here now." Frank nodded.
"Of course I did," He smiled, blushing. "But, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else." Gerard frowned, looking over his drawing. "I'm not finished yet. Tell me about something else."
"Okay, hm.... When I went to his house and asked if we we're dating, was nerve racking, I thought he'd say no, then I wouldn't know what to do, because at that time, I'd already fallen head over heels for this, artistic, adorable older boy. It was a miracle that he even wanted to talk to me, let alone, date me. He just seemed so, out of my league." He smiled, taking another sip of his coffee, holding it between his hands.
"What did you think when you stepped in? When you first arrived? What did you think to his little brother?" Gerard continued, the corner of his mouth twitching.
"His house, tidy, normal, nothing out of the normal, his brother, where do I begin... Sarcastic, witty little asshole, but he was cool, he didn't seem any harm, he definitely seemed like a good kid." He smiled, studying Gerard's face. Gerard nodded at Frank's each words, laughing a little at the 'asshole' part.

Gerard finished, putting his pencil down, withholding the drawing.
"What did I fall asleep to? I said one thing to you before I went to sleep."
"First night, last night, or that night?" He asked, smiling.
"First night."
"You said; No time like the present." Frank blushed, feeling embarrassed that he had remembered that.
"And you said you were dumb." Gerard reminded, looking down for a moment as he analysed his drawing. Frank grinned inwardly. Gerard had proven his point. "Alright. You can see." He passed the sketchbook to Frank. Frank's eyes widened, grinning as he swept his eyes over the sketch.
"Gee, this is just..." He was speechless, gulping, stroking his fingertips across the page.
"Please, take your time thinking of an adjective." Gerard smirked, sipping his coffee. "You have used every single one possible, during my time knowing you."
"This is just, plain astonishing," Frank smirked, looking up at Gerard, passing the sketchbook back. Frank had some pencil smudged onto his finger tip, he leant across the table, tapping Gerard on the nose, leaving a faint black mark.
"You know, you can keep it, if you want." Gerard hummed, poising his fingers ready to pull out the page. Frank nodded.
"Yes please, by the way, pencil on your nose," He smirked, giggling. Gerard pulled the page out and handed it to Frank. He pushed his sleeve up against his nose and rubbed, only making the smudge a little bit larger. Frank slid it carefully into his pocket.
"Thank you, it means a lot to me," Frank smiled, licking his thumb, stroking Gerard's nose, trying to get the pencil off.Frank slid it carefully into his pocket.
"Thanks." Gerard nodded, a soft smile dancing on his lips. "We could go shopping, after this." Frank smiled, nodding.
"Mh hm, sounds like a good idea, by the way, I noticed you smile, when I said you had stunning hazel eyes." He blushed.
"Only because it made me think of yours." Gerard replied, his gaze focused lazily on his coffee lid. Frank blushed, smiling, giggling very softly.
"Thank you for the drawing, it's amazing." He placed his hand on top of Gerard's.
"So you've said." Gerard gazed, his laugh lines showing. His laugh lines were deep, for a person with such a hard life.
"I know, but no ones done anything like that for me, it's sweet." Frank mumbled, brushing his hair out of his face, taking the last sip of his coffee.
"Again - I know." Gerard reminded, rubbing a thumb absently over Frank's hand as he stared out of the window. Gerard was sure it was going to rain.
"Feel free to tell me too shush, I know I babble." He smiled, looking out the window. "What are you looking at?" He wondered.
"The temperature is dropping. We'd better get going." Gerard ushered, making very little sense. Frank blinked slowly, but went along with it, standing up, following Gerard. Gerard took Frank by the hand and huddled his arm around him, feeling the temperature dropping through his thin jumper. He scoured the streets for a clothes store, all the while watching the sky suspiciously. Frank smiled, pointing to a mens clothing store.
"There," He spoke softly. He huddled under Gerard's coat, feeling a lot cosier.
"Alright. We'll pick something out okay? Don't let me forget to buy Mikey some stuff. He's got nothing with him." Gerard nodded inwardly, hurrying into the store.
"Okay, I'll try to remind you." He smiled, walking to the side of Gerard, looking around at the clothing racks. Gerard selected a few items, all of which were very typically Gerard. He pulled out a few for Mikey, and wandered over to Frank, who looked a little bedraggled, surrounded by older, taller adults.
"I'm kind of scared, everyone is so much bigger than me," Frank gulped, grabbing a few hangers of jeans and shirts, walking close to Gerard.
"Well, you are in the men's section, not adolescent, fun sized teens section." He nudged Frank, pulling him slowly away from the other people. "You got some stuff?" Frank nodded, sticking his tongue out at Gerard, "You're the only person I allow to call me fun sized." He laughed softly.
"Lets keep it that way." Gerard nodded, taking the clothes away from Frank and moving to pay for them.
"I'll pay for mine, honest, I'll feel bad if you pay." He made grabby hands for the hangers.
"If you're sure." Gerard sighed, passing the hangers back over to Frank, exasperated.
"I'll feel bad other wise," He pouted, "I still find it interesting how you're loaded though." He smirked.
"Ah, I can explain, at some point." Gerard laughed softly, putting his arm around Frank. Frank leaned up on his tiptoes, kissing Gerard's cheek, grinning. Gerard let go of Frank and ran from the store, dumping his clothes in Frank's hands. Frank blinked, staring at the door of which Gerard had sprinted out of.
"What the fuck?!" He hissed. As Frank left the store, he looked up at the sky and realised Gerard's excitement, instantly calming down. Small, delicate flakes of snow descended from a broad, grey sky. Frank looked across the icy court and saw Gerard, stood, his hands out, his face erupted into childlike wonder.
"Oh," He smiled, walking over to Gerard, who was ignoring him, completely, transfixed on the small particles floating from the sky. "Um.. Hi," Frank giggled, looking up. "Snow." Gerard continued gazing, his small shoulders shivering as he watched it.
"I was right." He grinned, suddenly snapping his gaze to Frank. "I was right!" He pulled Frank into a hug, lifting him a little off his feet as he did so. He pulled back away and watched it for a moment, before looking back at Frank. "Did you leave the clothes inside?" Frank gave a happy squeak when he was lifted up.
"I gave them to the person behind the counter to hold on to them, I thought you ran away, because I kissed you." His cheeks burnt scarlet, looking down at his feet.
"No!" Gerard grinned, his face alight with the glee only a child can experience on an early Christmas morning. "I'll go in and get them." Gerard leant in and kissed Frank softly, before pulling away and quickly scuttling into the store to retrieve their items. Frank stood there a little stunned, smiling and blushing, his heart pounding in his chest. Gerard returned, ushering Frank to pull on the particularly nice coat he had bought him. He had already slipped on his own.
"Can we get some dinner?" Gerard asked, realising he had eaten incredibly little in the past few days. Frank felt cosy in his new coat. taking Gerard's hand, nodding, "Let's go," He giggled, "Do you like the snow?"
"I love the snow." Gerard smiled, looking around him wildly. "When Mikey was ten, and I was in hospital - he brought me a snow flake, which he'd preserved. He preserved it in a one percent solution of polyvinyl acetal resin. I was so proud of him."
"Aww, that's so cute." He smiled, walking into a restaurant, pulling out Gerard's chair, like he did for him earlier. "If we go out side later on, there will be more snow, we could play, if you want?"
"Yes." Gerard grinned, softly. "I'm going to preserve a snowflake for Mikey too. For when he wakes up." Frank nodded, smiling.
"Of course," He picked up a menu, "What do you want to eat?"
"Anything." Gerard replied, putting the menu down. He hadn't eaten - out of worry - but for once, he was feeling fine.
"I think you might have to choose something," Frank giggled softly, "I'm just having pasta, with this weird sauce," Frank smiled, running a hand through his hair.
"Pick me something, Frank." Gerard insisted, a small smile tugging at his lips.
"Hmm..." He smiled, shutting his eyes, pointing to something, "What did it land on?"
"Curry.." Gerard muttered, a small look of disgust on his face. "Okay, nevermind. Try again." He joked, his cheeks a light pink.
"Aw, blushing." He smiled, pointing to his cheeks, Frank reciprocated, blushing himself, smiling.
"Shut up Frank." Gerard put his head down in embarrassment, as the waitress came over. He stared at Frank until he ordered for him, nervous around the unknown person.
"I'll have the pasta, and he'll have the lasagna," Frank offered a friendly smile to the waitress, passing the menu over, resting his hands on the table.
"It's still cute as hell." He spoke softly, looking at the back on Gerard's head. Gerard didn't speak much, waiting for his food to arrive. He nodded courteously to anyone who approached him, but mostly kept his head down.
"Aww, Gee, come on, you've stopped now," Frank pouted, eating his food.
"S-stopped what?" Gerard mumbled, softly, his head. He poked his food with his fork, resting his cheek on his palm.
"You're not blushing any more," Frank pointed out, looking over at Gerard.
"I'm not hungry anymore." Gerard replied flatly, sighing. He'd had such a good day, he didn't want it to end. He didn't want that sadness taking over.
"That's okay," Frank smiled, softly, finishing his own plateful, satisfied. "Want to go back to the hotel?" He asked, standing up, paying.
"Y-yeah. Alright. Okay." Gerard nodded, feeling ashamed, leaving behind an entire plate of food. Frank held the door open for Gerard, walking beside him.

By now, the snow had settled just on the floor, creating a delightful crunch as each footstep touched the white, sheet like ground. Gerard smiled sadly as he walked, holding Frank against him.
"I'm sorry about the blushing thing, I shouldn't of said anything," Frank sighed, smiling very slightly, knowing his cheeks would be a little pink as he walked close to Gerard, his head on his shoulder.
"It wasn't you, Frank. It wasn't that. I just got sad." Gerard replied, glumly. "Just got sad."
"Any particular reason?" Frank asked, softly, looking up at his boyfriend.
"No." Gerard sighed. He didn't have a reason. He couldn't think of one. He was just sad. "A side effect. Sometimes I get sad."
"I understand," Frank nodded, holding on tightly to Gerard. "Do you want to do anything else today? We don't have much time seeing it's 10pm, but we still could," Frank suggested.
"I want you to have a decent night's sleep." Gerard replied, wandering towards the hotel. He never worried about himself.
"I've learnt to cope on little sleep, it's not a big problem for me, okay?" He smiled, shrugging, walking into the hotel, up to their room.
"I don't care." Gerard replied, pushing his way through to their room. He pulled off his coat, along with his jeans and shirt, and pushed himself under the covers. Frank gulped, sighing quietly. He watched Gerard for a moment, wondering if Gerard wanted him there with him. He took off his shirt and jeans, and slipped into bed. Gerard lay for a while, watching Frank through almost closed eyes until he was sure that he was fast asleep. He kissed Frank softly, ensuring he didn't wake him, before slipping silently out of bed. He took Frank's coat and wrapped it around himself, breathing in the scent greedily. He slipped out of the door quietly and made his way outside, through the snow, which was now falling particularly fast. He sat on an outside wall, watching his breath cloud in the cold air, enjoying the silence and solitude for a few moments. Frank wrapped himself in the blankets, smiling, softly, through his dreams.

Gerard had always particularly liked the snow. He didn't really like hot weather - it made him sweaty and uncomfortable, and Mikey used to always get sunburn and headaches from the sun, which would put somewhat of a damper on their summers. He watched each flake intently, and set to work preserving one, using some of the chemicals which he may have slipped in with him from town when Frank wasn't around the previous day. Frank turned the other way, hoping to snuggle into Gerard, he wasn't there. He woke up, gulping, creeping arounf the room, he checked everywhere, but suddenly, he looked out of the window, and there sat Gerard. Frank scribbled on a piece of paper, throwing down to him, before getting back into bed. The note read; Hi, I can see you out the window, I didn't see a point to come down. See you in the morning, love you, xo Franks. Gerard jumped and let out a small scream as the paper struck his back. He held the preserved snowflake and kept it in a thin, glass box, putting it beside him before looking for whatever hit him. He searched around for the note and opened it, beaming softly at it. He pushed it into his pocket and sat a little longer, pulling the soft coat around his shivering shoulders and sitting on it. His shoulders were freezing and his fingers were turning a little blue in the cold, his bare skin (par his boxer covered area) exposed in the frosty air. Frank went back to sleep, smiling, pretty happy, he had one of the best days today.

Gerard awoke, his body wrapped in the coat, still curled up in front of the hotel. He felt a little feeble, surrounded by snow. His body temperature had fallen and he knew it - he didn't feel like he could move. He had to be forgetful, to fall asleep outside, in the snow. But he was awake, so he must have been okay - alive, somewhat. Gerard shut his eyes softly, and let himself fall back to sleep. Frank looked around, panicking, looking back out the window. He pulled some clothes on, going outside, picking up Gerard, and carrying him up to the hotel room. He laid him on the bed, running his fingers carefully over Gerard's cold skin. Gerard's skin was cold, as icy as the snow which lay on the ground outside. His fingers are toes were a light grey-ish blue, his breathing soft and quiet as he lay. Frank wrapped him in a blanket, exchange for his coat, breathing slowly as he concentrated on Gerard. He grabbed a cloth, running warm water over it and dabbing Gerard's arms and torso, with the warm but damp cloth. Gerard breathed in sharply at the warmth touching his skin, stinging his nerves and senses. In his fingers, he still clutched the preserved snowflake. He woke up a little, coughing violently as he did so. Frank took the snowflake, putting it on the bed side table.
"Good morning," He mumbled, sitting on the edge of the bed. Gerard groaned.
"I.. F-fell.. Asl.." He mumbled, struggling to stay awake. His body was struggling to stay functioning from the long exposure to cold.
"I know, now shh, okay? We just need to get you warm again," Frank reassured, kissing his forehead. "It stings, just squeeze my hand," Frank slipped his hand into Gerard's, dabbing his skin with the towel, feeling it come back to body temperature. Gerard let his head fall back, letting himself be pulled under. He was vaguely aware of his body being touched, but not enough to stop it from happening, not enough to know what was happening. Frank ran to the kitchen, grabbing a hot water bottle. He held it toGerard's body and felt it come back to a normal temperature, a little bit. "Gee, hello?" Gerard didn't respond. He felt - cold. There weren't many ways to describe it. Frank started to sob, confused and panicking, not knowing what to do. Gerard's hands shook, trying to figure out a way of communicating, unsure what he was even doing with his hands.
"I don't know what to do..." Frank cried, holding Gerard's hands. "Hospital?" Gerard concentrated hard, squeezing Frank's hand.
"G-gotta." He mumbled, feeling the odd buoyancy between the light and dark. Frank leaned his head on Gerard's chest, listening his heart, sobbing.
"Fuck, ambulance please, fast, now!" He sobbed, rubbing his eyes. Gerard listened, his body lost to him, but his brain still alive and active. He had all his thoughts, all his hopes, all his loves, still stored and available - but he was not in control of anything else. Frank cried, hearing the sirens, getting in the back of the ambulance with Gerard, holding his hand. "They said you'll be okay..." He looked upset and confused. Gerard wanted to scream, feeling the finger tips touching his skin - strange, unknown fingertips - but he was in capable. He knew he was causing trouble and everything, but he couldn't help but enjoy the feeling of being half dead. Hearing, observing, being just a little insignificant.
Frank sat beside Gerard, who was on a hospital bed. They had him hooked up to drips, and they pushed several syringes into his arms, saying it would help in about an hour or two. "Can you hear me?" He asked, softly. Gerard laughed, feebly, regretting it straight after. He coughed violently and lay back a little. He didn't respond, but nodded, and held out his hand. Frank took his hand and squeezed it.
"You scared the shit out of me, okay?" Frank spoke softly, smiling.
"I s-scared the sh-shit outt'a me." Gerard slurred, his eyes still shut, breathing quietly. "We a-at the s-same hosp-pital as M-mikey?" He murmured. Frank nodded reassuringly.
"Yep, you're in the same hospital as Mikey," Frank smiled. "You got pneumonia, breathing - speaking and even moving will be hard for a couple days? Okay? They give you daily does and things which will help kick start everything back into life."

"Fucking g-great." Gerard snapped, wheezing. "You'll get the s-snowflake to him, right? A-and the c-clothes? The b-books?"
"I'll get everything to him, but for the mean time, stop talking and moving," He smiled, "You need to rest." Frank sat in a chair, next to his bed.

"But I'm b-bored.." Gerard whined. Now he knew how Mikey felt.
"Do you want a book? Comics? Just name anything," He smiled.
"Bring me that batman comic. I haven't read it yet." He frowned. "..And.. Just make sure Mikey gets that snowflake. Okay? Tell him it's from me. Tell him.. Just push a finger to your lips, alright? He'll get it."
"Okay," Frank kissed his temple. "I'll be back, really soon, okay?" He smiled, sadly, not wanting to leave his side.
"Alright." Gerard replied quietly, laying back. Frank sighed, walking back to the hotel, grabbing the snowflake and comic. He returned to the hospital as quickly as he good and knocked on Mikey's door.
"Hi." He said quietly, pushing it open. Mikey was quiet, but nodded in acknowledgement as Frank entered.
"Hello Frank."
"Hi, Gerard said to drop this off," He handed him the preserved snowflake carefully. "And he just said, put your fingers to your lips?"
"Why isn't he here?" Mikey asked, worriedly. His hand moved, subconciously pushing his finger against his broken, chapped lips.
"Well, last night, he fell asleep outside, he is a few wards down, he's got a mild case of pneumonia, nothing serious, he just needs rest and some injections." Frank explained.
"Why was he- b-but.." Mikey quivered, holding the glass box protectively between his fingers. Frank sighed.
"He's okay, please try not to worry, he's in good care." He smiled, looking a little sad.
"Why w-was he s-sleeping outside?" Mikey asked, stammering, confused. "Weren't you with him?"
"We went to sleep, earlier in the day, he wanted to get you a snowflake. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I looked out the window, seeing Gerard, he wasn't asleep then." Frank shrugged, "I know, I should of looked after him." Mikey nodded, his lips trembling.
"I'll watch him, when I get out. You gotta watch him." Mikey mumbled, gazing softly at the snowflake.
"I'm planning to, he just told me to give you that snowflake, before we both forgot," He smiled, looking over at the Doctor, "I gotta go, Mikey, I'll see you tomorrow," Frank, gulped, walking out of the room. Mikey tried to say goodbye, but Frank had already gone before he could. He lay back, tugging the snowflake to his chest protectively, snuggling under the covers to sleep. That was all he really did anymore - sleep.

Frank knocked on Gerard's door. He waited patiently.
"Come in." Gerard replied, sighing, lying impatiently. He hated this. Another doctor, another drug. Frank walked in, smiling softly, sitting back in the seat, next to the bed.
"I bought you a few other comics, as well as the Batman one."
"Oh, Frank." Gerard hummed weakly, opening his eyes. "Thanks. I'll read those later." Frank nodded, placing them at the foot of the hospital bed.
"Welcome," Frank beamed softly, placing a hand on Gerard's forehead, "Feeling any better?"
"I can feel my legs, if that's what you mean." Gerard grumbled, pushing himself up. "Better, yes."
"Good, the medicine's actually working," Frank smiled gently, sighing, "Please, don't scare me like that, ever again..." Frank looked down, sadly, shyly.
"I didn't mean to." Gerard shrugged. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want to come in and.. And I fell asleep." He nodded, his face genuinely apologetic, and a little tiny bit frightened.
"I know you didn't mean to, but why didn't you want to come in?" He asked, looking up, gazing at Gerard.
"I like the snow." Gerard mumbled, feeling particularly stupid. "I don't know. I couldn't leave. I felt so numb - so nice. Couldn't feel a thing." Frank shrugged, complying.
"Doesn't really seem like a valid reason, but I'll let you off." He hummed, cupping Gerard's cheek, "I hope you liked my note,"
"I did. You scared me though." Gerard sniffed, smiling very softly. "Thought I might have been getting attacked or something."
"I didn't mean to scare you, honest, I just tried to get your attention. I didn't want to come down, a few reasons really, I was in my boxers.." He smiled, giggling softly.
"It's alright. I was in my boxers too." Gerard laughed gently, a little inappropriately at his situation. "It's okay. I'll be out soon. Then.. I guess.. We could go home. I suppose. I really don't want to but.." He sniffed, softly. "It'll make you and Mikey feel better, and since Mikey's gonna have to rest up for a while.. We're gonna run out of money soon. I know we're well off, but.."
"If you don't want to go home, we don't have to go home. I don't mind," He smiled, softly, sighing, "It's up to you, also, I talked to the Doctor on how long you'll be here for.. You will only be here for a few more days, so it's not too bad." Frank sat on the edge of Gerard's bed, blushing softly.
"We can go home." Gerard sighed. "I'm ready. I'm gonna get help, though. When we get back." He held out his hand to Frank, subtly. Frank grasped it, gently, kissing the back of the older boys hand.
"Of course, you can do what ever you like, and I'll support you, okay?" He smiled.
"Thanks." Gerard nodded, rubbing his thumb on the back of Frank's hand. He liked feeling the bone structure in his hand. "Was Mikey awake? Did he say anything?" Frank nodded.
"He said a lot of things, like, where we're you, why we're you asleep outside, was I with you... Things along those lines," He pulled his jacket over him, with one hand.
"If he tried to make you feel bad for not being there, don't listen to him. He's over protective." Gerard reminded him, shaking his head softly. His brother was a pain, but he loved him.
"He didn't make me feel too bad, but I understand," Frank shrugged. "Can I do anything to make your stay at hospital any better? Anything at all." Frank spoke softly, wanting to help.
"There isn't much," Gerard smiled softly. "If it's just a few days, and you visit every day, and check Mikey out if he's out before me.. And bring him up if he is.. Then that's all you have to do."
"Okay," Frank nodded, sitting back in the seat, "I don't want to go back to the hotel, I'll get lonely," Frank pouted, trying not to smile as he watched Gerard's crinkling features.
"Hospitals are lonely places after visiting hours." Gerard replied, watching Frank intently. "Come here for a sec?" He gestured, pointing to the small, empty space beside his bed. Frank walked around to the empty space, smiling, a little confused. "I'm here," He gestured, opening his arms. Gerard reached out a hand, pulling Frank by his shirt a little feebly, as much as he could stand, crashing his lips up against Frank's. A proper kiss - not light, not a peck, but a kiss. Frank kissed back softly, his eyes slipping shut as he placed his hands on Gerard's neck. Gerard squeaked, trying not to freak out too much as he kissed him. Frank's hands on his neck frightened him, but he kept kissing, more frightened of letting him go. Frank took his hands off his neck, placing them on the pillow, smiling as he kissed.

Gerard pulled away and curled back, into a ball, happy that he could sleep, having felt the comfort of Frank's lips on his own. Frank leaned over and kissed his temple lovingly.
"I love you," He sighed happily, seating back in the seat, on the other side of the bed.

--------
getting near the end c:
r&r
Sign up to rate and review this story