Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Little Girl

Ray and Raven sat in the office. They'd had to wait for a long time since lots of kids had been adopted today but finally they were in there "You want to adopt Shayla?" The social worker, Kirsty, asked while raising her eye-brows "Really?"

"Yeah." Ray said, suddenly getting defensive over his almost-daughter "Why does that surprise you?"

"Oh it doesn't." Kirsty said quickly, going bright red "Are you sure about this though? If you waited a little while longer you could have a new-born baby."

"No, we'd like to adopt Shayla." Raven told her "Why are you trying to change our minds?"

"I'm not." Kirsty sighed "I just want to know that you're sure. Most adoptions don't work out because the parents weren't truly one hundred per cent true." She took out a file with a small picture of Shayla smiling shyly. Seeing this picture made Raven smile slightly "Shayla has been here for the past two years ever since her parents died. They were murdered. Shayla only just made it out alive." Ray and Raven gasped "She's normally quite quiet or weird around strangers."

"Poor girl." Raven whispered.

"If you really want to adopt her then I can fill out the paper work and you can pick her up in about two weeks?" Kirsty suggested.

Ray and Raven glanced at each other. And then Ray smiled "Perfect."





The next day, everyone came back over to hear about how their trip to the orphanage went "Her name's Shayla." Ray told them "We're going to bring her home at the end of the month and we promised we'd go visit her again tomorrow and every other day until it was time for her to come home with us."

"How old is she?" Mia asked, pulling herself onto Frank's lap.

"She's five. And she's really cute." Raven sighed "Her parents were murdered. She only just managed to escape. Poor girl."

"Did they catch the murderer?" Gerard asked. He was a fan of horror movies and had watched Orphan about five times.

"I don't know and I know what you're thinking Gerard, no, Shayla didn't kill her parents." Ray laughed "I can't wait for you guys to meet her. You're gonna love her."

"Does she like princesses?" Ellie asked. She was wearing her princess dress again that day.

"I don't know, we'll ask her." Raven smiled "We wanted to get her a present but we didn't want all the social workers thinking we were spoiling her or anything."

"Well just save the presents for until she comes home." Frank suggested "Then the social workers won't notice."

"They'll be coming over once every three months to check on her." Ray sighed.

"Only for a year and then they said they'd leave us alone." Raven said "I can't wait to see her again tomorrow!"




A couple of weeks later it was finally time for Ray and Raven to bring Shayla home. Shayla was awake first thing in the morning and got dressed as quick as possible before racing downstairs. She looked around and smiled. She hated the orphanage so much. And now she was finally getting away from it all.

Ray and Raven had been to visit her heaps of time and by now, Shayla was in love with them. They were both so sweet and she couldn't wait to meet the rest of her new family. Ray and Raven had told her everything about them.

They arrived at around lunch time and by that point, Shayla was getting impatient and worried that they'd never show up. She shrieked excitedly when they walked into the play room and ran over to them, throwing her arms around Raven's neck as she lifted up her little girl "Are you excited about coming home then?" Raven laughed, kissing Shayla's cheek.

"Yes, yes, yes, can we go now please?" Shayla begged.

"Of course we can Beautiful." Ray smiled.




[A/N] - Short chapter because I'm going out with my Mom and brother soon :( Sorry :3 Hope you liked it! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story