Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personalized Stories Trade?

tmbfucks

by ZombieSlayer13x 1 review

Penina and Frank have been best friends for years. They both like each other, but are too shy to admit it! Will the shenanigans of Ray and Bob finally push them together?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-27 - Updated: 2012-11-27 - 1601 words - Complete

0Unrated
*A/N: Hello all!

This is the first in the many writing trades I am engaged in at the moment. This little number was written for tmbfucks. In return she wrote me a lovely little holiday fic from the BBC show, Sherlock. I hope you like this!! ALSO! I’m from the U.S. so instead of “candy floss,” I used “cotton candy.” A miniscule difference, but I just thought I’d let you know :D

Thank you again! It was nice doing business ;)

Alex


x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x


As Penina walked into school her whole demeanor changed. The normal enthusiasm in her steps faded away and her shoulders sagged. Today would be just like all the other days, dull and irritating. She increased the volume on her iPod she shuffled to her locker. As she deposited her books from the day before she heard someone approaching her. Penina sighed at first, thinking it was just another teacher ready to berate her.

“Morning sunshine,” A voice said from the other side of her locker door, “you seem awful cheerful this morning.” It finished.

Penina smiled and rolled her eyes, “Shut up Frank.” She said as she slammed her locker door. Frank had been her best friend since before she could remember. He was one of the few reasons she looked forward to school every day. Unbeknownst to everyone else, she had been harboring a growing crush on Frank for the past two years.

Penina’s breath hitched in her throat as she looked at him. His chocolate brown hair fell perfectly on his face. The escaping rays of sunlight framed his face, making him look angelic.

Frank suddenly spoke, jolting Penina from her daydream, “Hey, Ray told me that he and Bryar are going to pull something around third period today. They’re itching for a little action.” Frank said eagerly, his eyes lighting up. Penina looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to go on. “Maybe we can ditch this place, get lost in the crowd when everyone else panics and just slip away.”

Penina pondered the idea for a moment. The more she mulled it over, the more she liked it. Skipping school and spending the day with Frank, “You’ve got a deal Iero.” She said with a smirk.

x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x.X.x

Coincidentally, Penina and Frank both had English class together third period. Five minutes into class and they were both practically jumping out of their seats. While their fellow peers were presenting book reports, Frank passed Penina a note.

I hope Toro and Bryar pull this off. I’m dying here

Penina smiled as she wrote down her response. She casually flicked it over towards his desk as she looked away nonchalantly. After a few more minutes of torture the fire alarm sounded. Frank jumped up so quickly that he knocked his chair backwards. This caused Penina to erupt in a fit of giggles as Frank blushed, righting his chair as quickly as he knocked it over.

“Come on,” he said as he grabbed her hand, causing Penina to blush like mad. They made their way through the crowd or students, getting dirty looks thrown at them as they pushed and shoved their way through. Once they emerged from the other side Frank threw her a mischievous look. He dragged her down towards the basement towards an emergency exit that was rarely used.

As they ran through the door they both started laughing from the other side. “I can’t believe that actually worked!” Frank said through his laughter.

“I can’t either.” Penina said, laughing just as hard.

“I’ll have to thank Toro for this later.” Frank said.

“So, what now genius?” Penina asked as she looked around. On the other side of the school she could spot the students piling out of the building.

“Well…..” Frank started as he thought, “the fire company is having their annual fair today. We could check it out?” he offered.

“Sure!” Penina exclaimed happily. They walked to the carnival hand in hand. Penina wished that it meant more to Frank, but she knew he only viewed her as a sister.

Once they got to the carnival Frank paid the man at the gate, covering Penina’s ticket as well. Frank insisted on trying his hand at almost every single carnival game there, he won almost all of them. After a mere hour Frank already had an army of stuffed animals. Penina was elated when he gave her his stuffed dog.

While Frank found a picnic table Penina went up and bought snacks. She bought a water bottle for Frank and a soda for herself. On her way back to the table she passed a vendor selling cotton candy, since it was her favorite snack, she couldn’t resist.

“Thanks!” Frank said as he reached up to grab the water bottle Penina handed him.

As she plopped down next to him she pulled off a piece of cotton candy and offered it to him. He gladly expected.

“So, what now?” Penina asked, “This was your idea in the first place.”

“Maybe we can go on a few more rides then grab some lunch?” Frank said as he checked his phone for the time. He suddenly looked up with a smirk, “What, not having fun?” He asked as he nudged her in the shoulder.

“No!” Penina said as she lightly punched him, “it’s not that!”

Frank shoved another lump of cotton candy in his mouth and abruptly stood up, “Come on! I want to ride the Ferris wheel!” He said as he grabbed Penina’s arm and dragged her towards the ride.

As they waited in line Frank bounced up and down excitedly next to her. Penina couldn’t help but let out a laugh at his reaction.

“Penina, I have to tell you something.” Frank said suddenly, his faced had changed to a mask of seriousness. Before she could ask him what, they were ushered into the next available lift by the conductor.

As they made themselves comfortable in the little car, Penina turned to Frank, “What did you want to tell me?” she asked inquisitively.

He furrowed his brow and looked down at the town below him for a bit before answering. “Penina, how long have we known each other?” he asked.

“Too long,” Penina said jokingly. Upon seeing Frank’s crestfallen face she quickly added, “but that’s a good thing!”

Frank perked up again, “Well, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you for a couple years now, but I’ve only really felt the need to today.”

Penina looked at him intently, her heart was fluttering. Was he feeling the same as her? Had Frank been harboring love as well? She waited patiently as Frank paused. He looked off into the distance and nibbled on his lip intently.

He opened his mouth after a few minutes. At this point the Ferris wheel stopped with Frank and Penina at the top. It felt as if time itself has stopped as well.

“I…” Frank paused, mulling it over some more, searching for the right word. Penina leaned closer to him, waiting to hear the words she had been longing to hear. “I…like…” another pause:

“cats…” Frank finally finished hesitantly. Penina’s face fell. She turned her head the opposite direction and watched the cars pass by on the highway. She drew her hoodie closer as a breeze surrounded them.

“Oh…that’s…nice.” Penina said, her tone sad. Frank caught on to this and frowned. That wasn’t what he meant to say. He really did like her. He had been planning this all day, but here and now it was all so real. It wasn’t a little fantasy in his head anymore it was a real moment in time. As the Ferris wheel went around for the second time Frank finally plucked up the courage.

“No.” he said a little too loudly, causing Penina to jump in the seat next to him. “I mean…no,” he said again in a softer tone, “that’s not what I meant to say. Yes, I am starting to like cats, but no that’s not what I’ve been waiting two years to tell you.”

Penina turned to face him, her hopes were high once again.

Frank took a deep breath before starting again, “Penina Dayne, we’ve been friends for the past seven years. Sometime during those seven years something changed for me….” He let the sentence die on his lips. Still looking intently at Penina she saw a determination in his eyes.

Just as she opened her mouth to reply, he kissed her. At this point the Ferris wheel once again was stopped at the tippy top. As he kissed Penina fireworks exploded in her head. This was the moment she had been waiting for her whole life.

When they finally broke away they were grinning like mad at each other. As the car came back down it stopped by the entrance. As they made their way off the ride Penina leaned towards his ear.

“I have a confession to,” she whispered.

“What?” Frank asked, intrigued.

“I like cats too.” She said with a laugh as she waltzed away. Frank happily ran after her.

‘Today was a good day after all,’ Penina thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story