Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Snow

Chapter Five

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Yuki kisses Tohru's forehead, so much has happened but will he get her?

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-11-28 - Updated: 2012-11-29 - 1901 words - Complete

0Unrated
Snow

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Chapter Five: When It Rains It Pours

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Yuki went to the main house with Hatori after school who had come to pick him up. He was scared, that much was the truth. Haru had walked Tohru and Kyo home, but Tohru did ask about Yuki.

"He told me he'll tell you when he gets home." spoke Haru.

But Tohru couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong as she paced a bit. Yuki walked in with Hatori of course kneeling down in front of Akito who turned to look at him.

"Have you truly stooped so low?" asked Akito's venomous tone.

"I don't know what you're..." began Yuki.

"You know EXACTLY what I'm speaking of!" screeched Akito turning to Yuki and smacking him hard.

Yuki looked up at him. "Fine yes, I feel no need to compete with him. It was decided for us! Our fates together were decided before we were born! I'm not that rat! I don't think Kyo should be excluded! He's a fool for wanting to be in this family at all! I have spent all my life trying to leave it!" he screamed at Akito.

"Shut up! You will not speak to me like that!" screamed Akito, his face showing the fear of lack of control and also the intense hatred of what was being said.

"Why!? Why are you so against it!?" exclaimed Yuki.

Akito's face showed the anger of his might break through at that moment, he of course growled before he began to laugh rather maniacally.

"You have to be re-taught." spoke Akito.

Yuki's eyes went wide in fear, everything inside of him shook, he could barely feel himself breath. Akito pulled out the whip and Yuki screamed.

Tohru knew then something was wrong, it was pouring rain out there. Something was severely off, she couldn't shake this feeling. She looked to Haru and he could sense it too, he set his jaw.

"We have to go to him." spoke Haru.

Tohru nodded and Haru gave her his coat as they ran back to the main house together arriving there, Haru quickly opened the gate, they saw Rin and Hiro there with Momiji.

"Tohru! Haru! What are you guys doing here!?" exclaimed Momiji.

"Have you seen Yuki?" asked Tohru's shaky tone.

"He arrived with Hatori about an hour ago to speak with Akito." spoke Rin.

Tohru nodded and ran ahead with Haru right at her side, they both saw Hatori who had Yuki lying in a bed by this point. He was bandaged up perfectly. But it was apparent he'd been through a lot as his violet eyes looked to Tohru broken. She collapsed into tears right there, while Haru rubbed her back. Hatori left the room and Yuki reached out a hand to hers.

"Miss Honda." he rasped.

She looked up with a tear stricken face. "I defended Kyo." spoke Yuki.

"What?" asked Tohru in shock.

"You care for Kyo, I had to say something when he asked why I no longer fight with him. You have brought a peace, the peace this family has needed. Akito is scared." spoke Yuki.

"So this was about Kyo?" she gasped still crying.

"He said Kyo is not worthy of this family, that I should not be treating myself as an equal to him. Akito said he would not allow Kyo into this family, but I know now. Even if his desire is foolish, it shouldn't be denied." spoke Yuki.

"Yuki, do you still hate Kyo?" asked Haru.

Yuki nodded after a moment. "I hate him for many reasons. But at the same time, I now respect him more." spoke Yuki.

Haru was shocked by those words but he smiled and knelt down next to Tohru next to Yuki. Tohru of course was still crying.

"I couldn't protect you." she spoke through the tears.

"It's alright miss honda. I had to do this, no matter the consequences." spoke Yuki.

She nodded slowly and Yuki placed his hand in hers. "Thank you for being here." spoke Yuki's soft tone.

She smiled at him and nodded, Haru went to Hatori and spoke. "I need to talk to Akito." he said.

"I don't think that's wise Haru." spoke Hatori.

Haru clenched his fist and shook his head going ahead anyway into the room. "Do you think any of this is ok!?" spoke Black Haru.

"Hmph as if you have anyplace to talk stupid cow." spoke Akito.

"I have every place to talk! You hurt Rin and now Yuki! I will not stand for this! You think you're so high and mighty but the truth is you're just a scared rat yourself! Yuki's the brave rat, he came to face you! But you resorted to dirty tricks! And you call yourself our god!?" screamed Black Haru.

Akito was angered horribly by Haru's outburst and turned to strike Haru but Haru was faster grabbing the arm. Hatori ran in to pull them apart which was when Shigure arrived with Rin and the both of them pulled Haru back away from Akito. Hiro and Momiji ran in to see Yuki with Kisa at their side.

"Tohru! We heard! How is everything!?" exclaimed Momiji.

Yuki smiled a little as Kisa looked at him with those big eyes. "Are you ok?" she asked.

Yuki just nodded while Shigure pulled Haru back and soon Akito was left alone in his room. Hatori of course attended to him to make sure he was alright before he too was kicked out. Ayame ran up just as Hatori was.

"Where's my brother!?" exclaimed Ayame in a panic.

Before any of them could comprehend, the entire zodiac except Kureno, Ritsu, Kyo who was waiting at the gate, and Kagura who was waiting with Kyo were there. Ayame knelt down next to Yuki looking at him with worry.

"Yuki, my little brother, are you alright?" asked Ayame.

Yuki looked at him with a softened gaze and just nodded. "I'll be alright, Hatori, can I go back to Shigure's tonight?" asked Yuki.

"I'm afraid it's probably better if we keep you here overnight." spoke Hatori.

Yuki looked to Tohru, his violet eyes looking into her purest eyes. "You have to go with them." he spoke.

"Yuki I..." she began.

"No it's ok, don't worry about me." he said to her.

She nodded slowly and soon they had all left. Hiro and Kisa left holding hands of course making it obvious they were now a couple after Kisa had her chance to see Yuki. Momiji left with Haru, Rin of course followed after Kisa and Hiro. Shigure took Tohru, Kyo, and Kagura back with him. Ayame was left with Yuki and Hatori as he sat down next to Yuki who slowly sat up in his bandages as Hatori checked him over.

"Yuki you did something today, something I didn't think any of us had the bravery for." spoke Hatori.

"She gave the bravery." spoke Yuki.

"Tohru?" asked Ayame.

Yuki smiled a little and nodded. "Oh Yuki, you are in love with her." spoke Ayame.

Yuki nodded. "I suppose I am, I have been for a while. I would do anything for her." spoke Yuki.

Ayame couldn't help but hug Yuki then with an overdramatic sigh. "Oh my little brother has grown up!" he exclaimed.

Yuki groaned and Ayame let go as Yuki smiled a little. "Ayame, thanks for being here." spoke Yuki.

Ayame smiled trying to calm himself and not let himself ruin the moment. "Of course little brother." he spoke.

Soon Ayame left the room and Hatori looked to Yuki. "You know he is trying and getting better." spoke Hatori.

Yuki nodded and soon he was asleep, Tohru of course couldn't sleep after the events of the day as she looked up at the moon.

"Oh mom, please watch over Yuki tonight. Please tell me, what should I do? I think I love him." she spoke while looking at the moon.

Tohru closed her eyes and tried to think of what her mother would say.

When I met your father I didn't know at first. True love takes time, struggle, and courage. Love is scary but one day Tohru you will find your true love, I know it.

Tohru of course soon fell asleep, the next day Yuki came home, and soon they were ready for school.

"Yuki should you really be going to school?" asked Tohru.

"I'll be alright now, Hatori says Akito didn't do too much damage." spoke Yuki.

Tohru nodded and Kagura walked up to Yuki then looking at him. "Thank you." she said.

He smiled and nodded, he then saw Kyo and the two simply exchanged a look of understanding and nodded to each other before they walked to school. However on the way it began to rain and the three of them moved out of it. Kyo of course was so out of it because of the rain that Tohru helped him get to a bench before she moved to stand with Yuki.

"Miss Honda..." spoke Yuki.

"What is it Yuki?" she asked.

"I have a question for you." spoke Yuki.

"What is it?" asked Tohru.

"Do you remember the boy who gave you that red hat?" asked Yuki.

"Uh well how did you know a boy gave me the hat?" asked Tohru.

"Because I was that boy." spoke Yuki.

Tohru's eyes widened in shock, she couldn't believe it. In fact Tohru didn't know a lot of things.

(AN: this is when the memories of her mothers death would show in a manga form of this fic) She didn't know Kyo had met Kyoko , they had both been standing on that cross walk and as she walked he reached out to save her but he couldn't because he would have transformed if he had saved her, still her mother could have lived if Kyo had saved her, Tohru didn't know this even now. Tohru didn't know Yuki had stolen the hat from Kyo while upset with him and gave it to Tohru. From a young age their fates had been intertwined. All of them, their fates were meant to be together some day.

"I...I didn't know. I never got to thank him either!" she exclaimed.

She got up close to him looking at him with a big smile on her face. "Thank you Yuki!" she exclaimed.

Yuki moved in closer and then he put his head on her shoulder, feeling the tears begin.

"Tohru I...I care for you so greatly." spoke Yuki.

My feelings...are like the clear blue sky....

Yuki got in closer as he leaned in.

It's because you....

He then kissed her forehead as she stood there in shock.

And it is because you are dear to me...

And yet Yuki could not bring himself to kiss her, he wanted to so badly, but every fiber in him was afraid. Afraid somehow this was wrong. Even so he smiled at her, the rain dying down as they walked to school together, she was bright red in the face.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Anybody remember this moment in the manga? Yes it was based off of that, notice I am changing things around a lot, especially my plot not being exactly like the mangas, it will become more clear later that I am using the important parts of the manga. Please Review
Sign up to rate and review this story