Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Little Girl

[A/N] - I only got one review on the latest chapter of 'Family Life' -wipes away a tear- :') Also, I should be doing my Spanish homework right now...

Luda was nervous as she got up from her bed and padded down the hallway to the top of the stairs. She listened outside Kirsty's bedroom door and heard her snoring. She was fast asleep. So Luda stepped carefully down the stairs and crept towards the office where everyone's files were kept.

There was a man. He wouldn't tell her his name. But he was threatning her. Saying he'd murder her if she didn't get Shayla's file for him. Luda couldn't understand why he wanted her file or why she was actually betraying her friend by giving it to him. She just knew that she was terrified and had to do whatever he said.

The office door was locked of course. It was a good thing she'd 'borrowed' the spare key just before going up to bed. She unlocked the door to the office and pushed it open slowly. She winced as it creaked loudly but luckily no one seemed to hear it. Once the door was halfway open, she slipped inside and walked over to the large cabinet. Because the door to the office had been locked, they hadn't bothered to lock the cabinet. So Luda easily managed to pull it open and flick through the files. They were in alphabetical order so she could found Shayla's relatively easily.

Once she'd got it, she pushed the cabinet shut then crept out of the room, remembering to lock the door as she went.

As she padded back upstairs, she felt guilty. Her eyes filled with tears. The man who was threatning to kill her was obviously planning to kill Shayla once he found her file. But Luda couldn't just not give it to him. He'd get it either way and if she didn't give it to him, he'd kill her. She had to something. Anything. Even if she just warned Shayla and her family...

That was when she got an idea. She switched on her lamp and sat at her desk. Maybe it would work...





"Good morning Beautiful." Ray smiled as Raven's eyes fluttered open "Can I point something out? We went a whole night without Shayla waking up with nightmares."

Raven sat up and stretched "I guess we did." She beamed "I'm gonna go wake her up now." She ran her fingers through her hair and got out of bed then shuffled down the hall into Shayla's room. Raven had phoned a local primary school and they'd given her a place there. It was her first day of school.

She pushed open Shayla's bedroom door. Shayla was still fast asleep, looking extremely peaceful. Raven felt bad waking her up but it had to be done. She walked over, sat down on Shayla's bed and shook her arm slightly "Hey Sweetie," She said gently "Come on, it's time to get up now."

Shayla's eyes opened slowly and she looked up at her Mom then smiled "Morning Mommy!" She sat up and gave her a huge hug.

"Good morning." Raven kissed Shayla's cheek "Look, I'll ask Daddy to get you dressed into your uniform, okay? And I'll go and make you some breakfast then I'll drive you to school. Okay?"

Shayla swallowed. It wasn't okay at all. She didn't want to start at a new school. She didn't understand why she couldn't just stay at home with her Mom and Dad every day. But she didn't want to upset them. They might get fed up with her and send her back to the orphanage. That was what she thought. So she nodded and smiled again. Raven kissed her cheek again "You're such a brave girl."

Raven yelled down the corridor at Ray, telling him to dress Shayla while she made some breakfast. Ray went into Shayla's bedroom "Are you nervous?" He asked her, pulling a yellow dress out of her wardrobe. Her school uniform.

"Of course." Shayla replied, pulling her pyjamas off "But I have to go."

"That's right." Ray said, helping her into a pair of white tights and her yellow dress before pulling her onto his lap to brush her hair "You know you're gonna make heaps of friends, right?"

"But what if I don't?" Shayla asked nervously "I'm really shy. And people don't like you when you're shy. They think you're weird and leave you alone because they think that that's what you want. They don't understand that you want to be their friend more than anything in the whole world, you just can't seem to get the words out to tell them."

Ray continued to brush her hair thoughtfully "Why don't you pretend your someone else then? Someone really brave who wouldn't have any trouble making new friends. Someone who would never be scared of a classroom full of little kids."

"I don't think I know anybody like that. Well, except Mia. But Mia's Mia and I'm me."

"Make someone up. Use your imagination." Ray smiled "You'll have a great time, honestly. And in a couple of weeks, you'll look back and wonder why you were so nervous. Just like you probably feel now about making friends with Mia, Ellie and Izzy."

He had her there. She grinned, turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck "Thank you. I love you Daddy."

"I love you too." Ray smiled, stroking her hair.

"Breakfast's ready!" Raven called from downstairs.





Raven walked up to the classroom, Shayla holding onto her hand tightly "It's gonna be okay." Raven re-assured her.

Shayla nodded and took a deep breath as they entered the classroom. The teacher smiled and walked over to them "Hi! My name's Miss Rainbow. This must be Shayla." She bent down to her level "Hi Shayla! We're gonna have heaps of fun in my class, okay?" Shayla giggled and nodded "Great!" Miss Rainbow stood up and faced Raven "Shayla will be fine here now."

"I know, thank you." Raven smiled at her then looked at Shayla "Okay, Mommy's going now Sweetie."

"You'll be back later though, right?" Shayla asked, clinging to her, suddenly terrified that she'd never come back.

"Of course I'm going back. I'll pick you up at the end of the day and we'll go out for dinner to celebrate your very first day at school." Raven smiled, gave Shayla one final hug and then left.



[A/N] - Hope you liked it! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story