Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blood Brothers

The Bargain

by FuelThisFlame 1 review

In the name of Jesus, the thing was done, Now there’s no going back, for anyone. It’s too late now, for feeling torn There’s a pact been sealed, there’s a deal been born.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-12-07 - Updated: 2012-12-07 - 1091 words

0Unrated
How quickly an idea, planted,
can Take root and grow into a plan.
The thought conceived in this very room
Grew as surely as a seed, in a mother’s womb.

“What?” I say.

“Give one of them to me.” She cry's, trying to contain her excitement

“Give one to you?”

“Yes … yes.”

This must be a joke! “But y’ can’t just...” I begin.

“When are you due?” Mrs McCracken cut in.

“Erm, well about. . Oh, but Mrs...”

“Quickly, quickly tell me . . . when are you due?”

“July he said, the beginning of.” For some reason I felt like I had to tell her.

“July ... and my husband doesn't get back until, the middle of July. He need never guess …”

“Oh, it’s mad.” I laugh.

"I know, it is. It’s mad…but it’s wonderful, it’s perfect. Look, look, you’re what, four months pregnant, but you’re only just beginning to show. . . so, so I’m four months pregnant and I’m only just beginning to show.” She grabs a cushion from the couch and arranges it beneath her dress. “Look, look. I could have got pregnant just before he went away. But I didn't tell him in case I miscarried, I didn't want to worry him whilst he was away. But when he arrives home I tell him we were wrong, the doctors were wrong. I have a baby, our baby. Donna, it will work, it will if only you’ll…” her eyes pleaded.

“Oh, Mrs McCracken, you can’t be serious.”

“You said yourself, you said you had too many children already.” She commented.

“Yeah, but I don’t know if I wanna give one away.” I say as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“Already you’re being threatened by the Welfare people. Mrs. Way, with two more children how can you possibly avoid some of them being put into care? Surely, it’s better to give one child to me. Look, at least if the child was with me you’d be able to see him every day, as you came to work.”

She was staring at me, willing me to agree.

“Please, Mrs Way. Please.”

“Are y’ ... are y’ that desperate to have a baby?” I ask, I feel a huge pang of guilt, here I am, complaining about having too many kids, and this poor woman can’t have any.

She Walks to the window, and stares out in an almost trance like fashion. “Each day I look out from this window, I see him with his friends, I hear him call, I rush down but as I fold my arms around him, He’s gone. Was he ever there at all? I've dreamed of all the places I would take him, The games we’d play the stories I would tell, The jokes we’d share, the clothing I would make him, I reach out. But as I do. He fades away” She replies.

“If my child was raised In a palace like this one, He wouldn't have to worry where, his next meal was comin’ from.
His clothing would be supplied by George Henry Lee.” She was persuading me; to have my child raised with a rich family would mean the world to me.

Mrs M continued “He’d have all his own toys And a garden to play in. He could make too much noise,Without the neighbors complaining. Silver trays to take meals on”

“A bike with both wheels on?”
Mrs McCraken nods enthusiastically. “He’d grow up to be A credit to me”
“To you” I pause. “I would still be able to see him every day, wouldn't I?”

“Of course.” She enforced

“And ... and you would look after him, wouldn't you?”

“I’d keep him warm in the winter And cool when it shines. I’d pull out his splinters without making him cry. I’d always be there If his dream was a nightmare. My child?” she looked at me in question.

There is a paused before I nodded. Mrs McCracken comes to me and kisses my cheek then hugs me tightly. I am slightly embarrassed about the situation.

“Thank you! Oh. Now you must help me. There’s so much… I’ll have to…” She takes out the cushion. “ We’ll do this properly so that it’s thoroughly convincing, and need to see you walk, and baby clothes, have to knit and buy bottles and suffer from piles.”

“What?” I say chuckling awkwardly

“ Doesn't one get piles when one’s pregnant?” she asked, blushing intensely.

“Not that I know of” I snorted, attempting not to laugh at the silly rumor she’d heard.

“Anyway… ah yes, And buy a cot and ... Oh help me with this, Donna Is it in the right place?” She puts the cushion back again.” I want it to look right before I go shopping.”

As I helped her arrange the pillow under her dress, I thought about what she just said, I waited until I had finished before speaking “What are you going to the shops for? I do the shopping.” I ask calmly.

“Oh no, from now on I do the shopping. I want everyone to know about my baby.” Says Mrs M as she walks into the office, beckoning for me to follow. “Donna, We must make this an, erm, a binding agreement.” she says sternly, and reluctantly I lay my hand on it.


In the name of Jesus, the thing was done,
Now there’s no going back, for anyone.
It’s too late now, for feeling torn
There’s a pact been sealed, there’s a deal been born.

Mrs McCracken puts the Bible away. I stand and stare as Mrs. McCracken grabs her shopping bag and takes a last satisfied glance at herself in the mirror.

“Why…why did we have to do that?” I stutter.

She sighes and says “Donna, nobody must ever know. Therefore we have to have an agreement.”
I nod uncomfortably “Right, I shan’t be long. Bye.”

I stand alone, afraid.
My heartbeat grows in intensity and I’m worried for what the future may hold.

How swiftly those who've made a pact,
Can come to overlook the fact.
Or wish the reckoning to be delayed
But a debt is a debt, and must be paid.

Sorry about the wait guys! I've had mocks and shit, Please Rate and Review and I will get you one of Franks dogs. KEEP THE FAITH ~FuelThisFlamexø
Sign up to rate and review this story