Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blood Brothers

Unexpected

by FuelThisFlame 1 review

The ultrasound, with a turn of events

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-11-15 - Updated: 2012-11-15 - 713 words

0Unrated
Today's the day.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Donna Way, I am 25 years old, and my Ex-husband, Donald, has left me with 7 children and one more on the way. My family and I live in a small two bedroom house in New Jersey.

Todays the day of my first pregnancy scan, well not my first, but my first for this baby. At first I wasn't sure about having another baby, I mean, I can barely afford the essentials for the 7 little terrors I have at home, let alone treat them to something nice. Now I have a new jobs cleaning an apartment in the city. I don't enjoy it but it keeps us going, and for a posh chick my boss Is pretty nice to me. Poor lady, she can't have kids of her own, so she always asks me what its like. I'm sorry for her really, all that money her and her husband have and they can't spend it on a child.

When I arrive at the clinic, I'm running late, Zachy and Matt were fighting over the toy gun and I had to break it up. Children: you can't live with them, can't live without them, I smile fondly at the thought of our Zachy, and how much he's grown.

The crackly speaker interrupts my thoughts "Mrs Way, please go to room 3, thankyou" said the voice of a lady who obviously hated her job. I make my way to the room I had been told to go to and knock on the door gently.

"Come in" came a male voice from the otherside of the door. I pushed the door open and stepped inside. The walls were a powder blue with slightly darker blue swirls, there was a hard, shiny metal bed with a pathetically "stuffed" pillow. Other than that there was hardly any furniture, other than a scanner, a small desk and a desk chair. Sitting in the chair was a man with a full head of white hair, he had his back to me and was leaning over his desk, obviously reading something.

I cleared my throat "Ohh yes, hello Mrs Way, my name is Dr. Hoppus, I’ll be with you in just a second"

True to his word, Dr. Hoppus stopped what he was doing and turned to face me. He smiled, a very handsome smile may I add, and nodded towards the metal bed. “Would you like to take a seat please”

As I sat down on the bed, the doctor got the scanner ready and prepared the gel. For some reason I was really nervous, although I’m not sure why. I feel the cool gel on my stomach that I have become all too familiar with and wait. Before I know it, its over.

“Can I ask you some questions please Mrs Way?” queried dr. Hoppus.

“Go ahead, and please, call me Donna” I said smiling

“ Okay Donna, do you have any children already?”

“I sure do, seven of ‘em, and I love them more than life itself” I said proudly, Its true, I love all of my children so much, Its hard to explain.

“Ahh that good to hear Donna, so you wouldn’t have a problem with a couple more mouths to feed?”

Mouths? Did he just say mouths?

“Mouths sir?”

"Yes, Mouths, plural, congratulations Mrs way, you’re expecting twins!”

My jaw droped and I felt numb, NO. It cant be, I could just afford one more baby, but two? There was no way I could look after them. WHAT CAN I DO?!


I arrive at work too a smiling Mrs McCracken. “Hi Donna” she chimes

“Hello Mrs McCracken, You look well” I say and quickly move to get on with my work.

“ Donna, are you okay?” she asks, frowning slightly.

“Yes ma’m” I say, continuing to my destination.

“How was the scan?” she presses and I freeze.

“Twins” I say bitterly

“Twins? Oh that’s wonder full Donna!” Mrs McCracken commended

“Is it? I can barely afford to look after the kids I have, With this job I could just scrape by, even with one more but twins? How could I bring them up staving?” I cry.

"Give one to me" said Mrs McCracken very calmly.
Sign up to rate and review this story