Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Descend

Into the night

by pskotika00 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Itachi,Neji - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-12-06 - Updated: 2012-12-08 - 1103 words

0Unrated
Descend

Chapter 2: Into the night

--

Neji

It was early in the morning when I finally awoke.I fell asleep on the couch,but I'm in a bed now.For a momment,I was paranoid that one of my relatives had found me and dragged me back home,but when I saw Rock Lee lying with his back to me.If I find out he carried me,I'll kick his ass.

I was at the door when I heard a creak of the steps.

"If you need help,I'm at your service",Lee said,standing at the top of the stairs.

"I scoped out the area Lee.I'm fine,you can go back to sleep",I said.Lee nodded,but I knew he wasn't going back to bed.

"Farewell",he said,as if it were the last time he'd see me.I really wish I could tell Lee everything about the clan,how I live,but I';m afraid he'd do something drastic and get himself killed,which would in turn make Gai-sensei go off and then there'd be hell to pay.

I gave Lee a slight smile.

"I'm fine Lee.Just worry about yourself ",I said.Going for the door.Before I left out,I turned to Lee one more time and said "Thank you",which earned me one of his smiles (I swear I saw his teeth sparkle...) .I went over to a window instead of the door,the one to the left which would give me a mostly straight run,twenty minutes to home.


I hopped out of the window and hit the ground running.Charging chakra into my legs and feet,I sped down the path and leapt into the trees of the small woods around Lee's house.Within two minutes,I was near inner Konoha .I leapt to the nearest building and took a glance at the sky watching for the sun.I scoped the area out with my byakugan as I ran and I couldn't help but feel elated; no one from the compound was sent after me.I deactivated the byakugan and pushed on.Which was a huge mistake.


It was when I jumped up on the roof of an apartment when for a second,I saw a shadowy figure blindfolded and before I could react,she kicked me so hard I skid off the roof nearly falling over.I managed to grasp the ledge only for her to step on my fingers.I let go and grabbed her ankle,dragged her,making her hit the floor.

I recognized her chakra signature immediately .

Miyuki.

Which meant Hiyuki was here too.

Really,this would be much easier if they weren't my relatives and I wasn't in a rush.But I can't control this,so I let the thought drop.I let myself fall to the ground and ran,trying to ignore the pain in my body.That kick she gave me was full of chakra and it hurts like hell.I stagger for a moment before I could get my pace back.As I ran,I noticed the sun was rising and Hiyuki and Miyuki were close.

Seeing no other option,I reached into my pack and hurled senbon needles at them to slow them down.They deflected them,which is just what I wanted;the flash bomb stuck through the last one exploded.

I smirked at my sucess and continued running,this time having the sense to mask my chakra and bounding through the allies.I am beggining to believe that using my byakugan is what is making them detect me.

Looks like they've beem training .

I can now see the Hyuuga compound and I'm releived.I finally decided to break from the alleways and go down the main street.But the momment I stepped out ,I nearly get assaulted by a storm of needles.Hiyuki appeared infront of me,attempting to kick me.I dodge and dip his hits,I've played this game before.There are people in the Hyuuga household who want me to fail,and if I do ,it's a chance for them to move up,at least that's what they think.

Miyuki comes from behind and I flipped out of the center of them ,bounced off the wall and took to the roofs again.

I knew I was home free now,no consequences,no...

"Shit!",I cursed when I felt several threads wrap around my body.

Since when did they learn to use chakra strings?!

As I felt myself falling back ,I took out a kunai,charged it with chakra and began slicing the threads attached to me.But it was too late,I was already falling and I had been hit with needles.In the next few seconds,several kunai flew past me, and I heard Miyuki cry in pain.I dropped to the roof letting ,released from the chakra strings.But I dropped my kunai and my body was numbing on me.With shaking hands,I pulled a senbon needle from my back and two people landed on the roof before me.One was clad in all black with hair pulled up in a long red ponytail,a veil over the face,the other was wearing a cloak,a coned hat and shorts.The red head I knew to be a kunoichi branch member named Yuriko,which relieved me.The other,I didn't know how to react to .

It was Uchiha Itachi.

"I'll deal with them,you get out of here",Yuriko said.I nodded and ried to stand but I couldn't.

"They poisoned you,take this",he said.Through my blurred vision,I can hardly believe it's him,but that voice ,a voice I'd heard a few times was unmstekable.He was kneeling beside me,promping my head up and put something in my mouth,telling me to chew.The next instant,I felt pins and needles and the feeling coming back to my body.

"Can you stand?",he said barely audible over the sounds of clanking metal ,scuffles,grunts and the ocassional thud.

"Yeah",I said.I was wrong,I couldn't.Itachi simply scooped me up in his arms and we were gone.As we neared the Hyuuga compound,I was getting my felling back.

He dropped me off at the gates and I rushed in at the break of dawn.When I got there,Hinata was waiting in her night gawn,holding the door open.

"Hurry,it's almost time!",she called softly as I approached.I took one more glance back to see Itachi dissapearing over the other side of the gate as Hinata rushed me inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story