Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Descend

Tessen Dansu (the fan dancer)

by pskotika00 0 reviews

-Ayumi tries to get back at Neji by making him do an impossible task.Sasuke and Itachi have a heart to heart on being shinobi.Neji contemplates his mother.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica - Published: 2012-12-12 - Updated: 2012-12-13 - 4735 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3:Tessen Dansu (The fan dancer)

Warning:There is implied homoeroticism in this chapter (dudes leerin' at Neji ),so if that disturbs you,skip this.However,I advise you not to as his mother Nejiko (OC) is mentioned as well as foreshadowing.


Story Notes:

*Noble House:Obviously,where the wealthy and influential live

*Biwa: traditional japanese instrument.It's a type of lute

*Onnagata:in traditional japanese theatre,female parts are played by males .They don't necessasiraly rely on looks,but the art of movement that makes them appear female.Many people believe them to be better stage dancers than females as their movements appear more flawless and graceful.This is due to having to compensate for being male

*Tessen: Fan

*Tessen Troupe:an OC orginization created for this story.The troupe comprises of fan dancers and stage dancers ,who are secretly ninja and samurai.

*Lady of Unity Revoloving Truce:A ceremonial dance based off of a lost jutsu that heals and calms everyone within it's vicinity.It's a dance that symbolizes unity and prosperity among nations.Ever since all the third shinoi war,and Tsunade used the jutsu to calm armies in hostile nations,it is decided that it would be used as a symbol It is performed in the Main Square of every village at least once a month.If a nation does not perform this dance,it is a sign of hostility to other nations.This calls for an emergency council to be needed.

The dancer is given gifts and the family/clan she represents is compensated by allowing say in government affairs.The dance is also performed once a year in front of the dancer's native nation's daimyo.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neji

----

Hinata rushed me into the hall where I heard the sounds of water and clanking pots and dishes getting closer.Sliding off my sack,I took off my clothes and toed off my shoes.Waiting for me was a basin of water ,soap and some rags and I cleaned up as quick as I could.

Just as I was just drying off when some of the house hold servants poured into the room,eyes as pale as mine.Unfortunately this is what happened to Hyuuga members who were orphaned or found outside of Konoha.Because I am an orphan ,it insures that I absolutely not allowed to make it to the main house;I was never told this ,I looked it up on my own.It's sad that none of them realize this.

"Neji-san,we knew Lady Ayumi planned to trick you.We're not letting her win !",Yuriko said.

"Are you hurt?",I asked.She looked at me blankly,before she smiled.

"Just a scratch Neji-kun.You worry about yourself,okay?",she said.Yuriko looks completely different now,dressed in a black kimono with a violet and red obi,her hair pinned up in several buns with silver pins.Yuriko motioned for my fellow branch servants,all three of them males with short hair that I vaguely remember seeing .

After I stepped into the black underskirt I was to wear,hands were everywhere.A white robe trimmed with pale blue line with silver slipped around me,the black and silver sash tied around my waist.My headband ,bandages and shoes were taken away, and my hair was thoroughly brushed by Yuriko so it framed my face,falling over my chest to my waist.Before I was escorted to the kitchen,scented oils rubbed onto my neck and chest,and silver earrings with the Hyuuga family crest were dangled from my ears,and white silk band was placed over my curse seal,hiding the truth from the world.Yuriko applied the red make up to my eyes,and someone painted my finger and toe nails black,another fanning them dry.

I knew I would be serving the main house today,but the lavish white and silver robe and the jewelry that deviated from the standard black navy blue robes ,qnd black socks told me that we would be having influential guests.And what better way than to get me punished than by having me disgrace myself and the entire clan in front of foreign diplomat,another clan of nobles or worse,a Kage?

I shared a smirk of triumph with Hinata ,who herself was dressed lavishly in a white robe with silver leaves decorating it,a bright violet ,and red obi ,a transluscent lavender scarf drapped over her elbows,the same color as her layered underskirt.Her lips painted red and her eyes lined black,silver and gold accessories dangling from her pinned up hair,specifcally gold pins with beads dangling from them and the comb visible in the front of her hair bore the Hyuuga family crest on the front.

"You look amazing,Neji-niisan.Take this",she said and slipped a silver hoop bearing the curse seal on my wrist;all of us branch members are required to wear them when company is around.Hinata escorted me to the Main room ,myself barefooted as I kept my face down,my hair clinging to my face.It doesn't happen often but at least once a month,each of us are required to serve the elders,or some important guest,to remind us of our station in life.

We are but servants to the Main House .

---------------------------------------------------------

Normal POV

When Ayumi answered the door of the garden house and stared in literal shock ,seeing Neji and Hinata,both looking immaculate, Neji sufficiently subordinate like she desired.Even so,her red lips twisted in a frown,before she let them into the large room with tatami mat floors and beautiful paper lamps scattered about to join the other guests.Shizune along with traders and ambassadors from the neighboring nations,really from the Wind and Water nations,the water nation on one side of the room and the Sand on the other.Shizune sat in the middle.Neji noted that she was now wearing a lavander kimono with a deep blue and red obi as opposed to her normal shinobi attire.Shizune stood up,a smile on her lips,or at least trying to smile.

"Lady Tsunade was overseeing an important matter at her office.I already told the guests that they would be meeting here because of renovations to the Hokage Residence .The Ambassador of Sunagakure is already meeting with the clan elders.The Kazekage could not be here now,so the Ambassador is here as his representative.I'll introduce the rest guests now",Shizune said.

There were three women and four men and four men who stood out.Neji recognized the people from the sand,one of them an older man with long gray hair,dressed in a colored robe,a white jacket and scarf..He was one of the Kazekage's advisors and with him Baki,the Kazekage's old teacher.The woman beside Baki was named Ame .Neji remembered seeing her before,she had long blond hair and nearly black eyes,she was one of the Kazekage's personal assistants.

The other group was comprised of a two women and two men.One of the women was tall,and shapely with short blonde hair and a pink kimono,named Misakura Mizuhara .She was leaning seductively on the blue eyed,brunette man beside her,her husband Raidou Mizuhara.Though she didn't appear to be and certainly didn't act it,she was an ambassador of Kirigakure and her husband,head of trading affairs .The other woman was a young shinobi named Midori with long deep green hair pulled into a braid and pale skin,her headband was tied around her sash.The man beside her was also a shinobi with bright red hair cropped short and appeared to at least be in his forties.His name was Hiryuu.Besides them,there were several other Suna and Kiri shinobi there,but Neji paid them no mind;Midori and Hiryuu had the highest chakra levels.


"Thank you,Lady Shizune ,for introducing our guests,I hope you all enjoy your stay.This is my personal servant,but today he will fullfill all of your requests upon needed.Please,don't abuse this privilige",Hinata said.She had gone over this so many times in the mirror before but it was hard to call Neji a servant.But now,he was that and Hinata felt uneasy with him bowing beside her.

"Rise ",she said.Neji stood waiting for Hinata's orders only.

-------


"Alright class,that is all for today's lesson.And remember ,early homework earns you extra points",Itachi as the bell rang.Of all things that Itachi could've done,he chose to be a school teacher,and not at a ninja academy ,but at a civilian school.After all he's seen the prospect of leaving a life of pain and violence behind made him happy.However,at nights,he still patrolled the city , protecting the people of Konohagakure and was required to file reports to the Hokage.Said reports were sitting on his desk.

"Itachi-sensei?",a small voice said.Itachi put down his eraser and turned to the little girl with short violet hair.

"Yes ,Miwako?",he asked.

"I was thinking of something...I-I want to be a ninja",she said.Those words made Itachi's blood run cold.He put the eraser down and picked up Miwako and sat him on his desk.

"Miwako,what do you know about shinobi?",he asked.

"I-"

The door opened and Sasuke came in,a smile on his face.

"I brought your lunch ,niisan",he said.Miwako turned and looked back at him waving.

"Hi Sasuke-kun! I was asking Itachi sensei about being a ninja,just like he was!",she said excitedly.Sasuke was about to speak but noted the frown on Itachi's face.

"Listen,we'll have this discussion after school,how does that sound?",Itachi asked.

"Okay,bye!",she said,hugging Itachi around the waist.She ran to Sasuke and hugged him briefly before skipping out of the room.

"She certainly has a lot of energy ",Sasuke said.Itachi nodded,his mile not reaching his eyes.

"What did you tell her?",Sasuke asked.

"Nothing",Itachi said,finishing with the board.

"What did you want to tell her?",Sasuke asked,sitting the bento boxes down.

"I wanted to tell her the truth,Sasuke",Itachi said.Sasuke frowned,sitting on one of the desks,his arms crossed

"Itachi.."

"I need to ask you something",Itachi said before Sasuke could think of what to say next.

"Yeah, go ahead",Ssuke said.

"When you found out I was a shinobi,what did you think of me?",Itachi asked.Sasuke paused,thinking back to his young years,back when life was simpler,when Itachi was his favorite person in the world.And despite everything that happened,he still was.

"Well...I thought you were cool.You were smart and strong,and I never for a moment thought you weren't the kindest person I ever knew",Sasuke said,his eyes on the floor.Itachi was now inches away,grabbing for the bento boxes.

"I never thought being a shinobi would change anyone...I never thought a shinobi was a hired sword,no one ever said that",Sasuke said.

"Yes,I know that.Everyone said that you were protecting those you know and love...said everyone would be proud of you.They never said that we were child soldiers.Ninjas spend half of our time protecting people from other ninja",Itachi said.

"I know",Sasuke said quietly.

"I became a shinobi because that's the family trade",Ssuke said.

"I did the same',Sasuke said.

"Do you regret it ,niisan?",Ssuke asked.

"Every single day,yes",Itachi said.It startled Sasuke ,shocked him.It didn't seem like...

"I always viewed it as a job to get it over with.That's it.I never enjoyed murdering people,breaking into people's houses.Lying with a straight face.I'm a sociopath...and I'm trying to bury it so I can let myself out.But sometimes it's easier to keep the mask on.The shinobi life ate my soul ,Sasuke.I'm trying to get it back",Itachi said,chopsticks now in hand,but suddenly,he had no desire to eat.

"It's only when I look around and see all the people still alive,and I see you,that I remember why I never stopped and why I never could.That much,I am proud of.When we were kids Sasuke,I wanted to protect you from the world.Stupid,yes,but it was like an instinct.I didn't want you to know how ugly people really are.And how the beautiful souls are the hardest to find",Itachi said.

"I centered my whole life around you Itachi.There wasn't a day when you didn't cross my mind.I think when I ran away...it was really because I wanted to see you and I refused to believe that that cold ,calculating person was you Itachi.It was an imposter...and I thought if I killed the fake Itachi,the real one would come back,or at least I could have your memory without this other person polluting it",Sasuke said.Itachi looked at him with and unreadible expression.Embarassed Ssuke looked away quickly.

"I-I'm sorry,I didn't mean to offend you,I just",...

"It's alright Sasuke,you were being honest and that's what the important thing is.I'm glad you can trust me",Itachi said.And he began to feel a weight lifted from his shoulders.Neither of them spoke for a while,they just enjoyed each other's company.

"So uh,what was with that shinobi attack at the Noble House* section of Konoha last night?",Sasuke asked.

"Hyuuga Neji was being attacked by shinobi on the way home",Itachi said.

"Looks like someone had it in for him.I'm not surprised ,being a Hyuuga and all",Sasuke said dully.

"Maybe,except that they were Hyuuga as well",he said.Sasuke raised hos eyebrow.

"In fighting again? We might need to look into that",Sasuke said.

"I know.That's why Lady Shizune is escorting the ambassadors and traders from the Water and Wind Nations to their place,to get a look inside",Itachi said.

------
Hours later after the tea and diplomacy,the sake started pouring and people were laughing and chatting avidly,Neji volunteering when he was needed,Hiashi and Ayumi having already disappeared to speak with an ambassador form Sunagakure.

"Sit down and have a drink boy,you look tired.Make one of those adorable girls in the purple dresses work",Lady Misakura said Neji.She had shed the upper layer of her kimono,her obi discarded with it.The white one she wore under made her shapely figure and full breast all the more visible.Neji looked at Hinata,who nodded in approval,though they both knew she just wanted him next to her.Hinata rung a bell and several females dressed in the typical Hyuuga servant attire appeared,one of them being Yuriko.

"Yuriko-san? Play a song for our guests please",Hinata asked more than commanded,her hands clasped together.

"I'll fetch my flute,Hinata-sama",she said ,ducking away.

It was hours later when Neji was sitting on the floor,the blonde lady who offered him a drink pawing at his hair as he fanned her,his robes slightly loosened from her husband pulling at the sash,much to Neji's annoyance.He was slightly tipsy and stopped swatting his hand away,as it was no use.It was during this time that Hinata was getting the guests to sign trade agreements to ensure the prosperity of Konohagakure.At first she felt underhanded about waiting until drinks were served,but as an heiress and the fact that she was a shinobi ,it was in her nature as much as she didn't want it to be.


"So angel-face,you know how to use that fan?",Misakura asked.At this ,Lady Ayumi saw her chance to get back at Neji once and for all.

"I believe you mean to ask for a female dancer,am I correct?",Neji said.

"Misa's pulling your leg,kid.Don't listen to her",Hiryuu said,reaching for a rice ball on a nearby plate.

"I have watched the Hyuuga fighting style,Hakeshou,the gentle fist.It's akin to dancing.So all of it's practitioners should be good dancers by default",Misakura said.

"That is indeed true,Lady Misakura.Which is why,he will be performing for us ,right Neji?",Ayumi said,smirking into her glass.Neji's jaw visibly clenched and he fought hard not to glare at her.

"Yes,Ayumi-sama.I will perform",Neji said.Ayumi picked up a paper fan beside her and threw it to Neji.The fan slid across the floor and landed in front of him.His heart pounding,Neji picked up the fan.

'She's doing this on purpouse!She knows I can't do a tessen dance!',Neji thought ,panicking.He could already see himself failing miserably and the hand seal activating the Caged Bird Seal.

"Neji-san",a small voice said.Neji looked over to see Hinata with a black box in her hands.

"I have your practice fans.I suggest you use them as they suit you better",Hinata said.Neji frowned and approached Hinata,wondering what she was planning.

When she opened the black box,Neji couldn't help but feel shocked.The fans were fans that he'd seen before,white with black bindings.On them a depiction of the yin-yang symbol in black and white and a violet blossom was printed on either side of it.Last,red strings hung from either,pearls strung near the knot at the bottom.

They were his mother's fans.

For a moment,he saw images of a woman that resembled him with a soft face,a soft smile and long black hair.She always kept it long in a ponytail down her waist.When she performed,her hair was loose,much like how Neji's was now,red in the corners of her eyes.

"Neji,don't keep our guests waiting",Ayumi said,snapping her fan shut.Neji took the fans from Hinata.

"Yes,Ayumi-samma",he said.

"Her dance Neji.Remember it",Hinata whispered.

"Okay",Neji said softly.

Again,Neji looked to Hinata.She nodded and he stood.Yuriko readied her flute,the girl next to her,a slightly younger blonde Hyuga named Miharu positioned her fingers on her biwa *.

When Neji rose to his feet,everyone in the room quieted.Slowly,he took graceful strides to the center of the room,hands to the side.He raised a closed fan in front of him as he walked .The laterns illuminated him and everyone else as the sun was setting.Neji then came to a stop.Closing his eyes,he began to see his mother's dance play out in front of him.

He remembered sitting on the porch facing the courtyard as a small child,clinging to his father as the two of them,mesmorized,watched the woman's ethereal movements.And Neji began to act out his mind's vision.

First the flute started playing and Neji shortly after,snapped open the fan.He moved in slight and practiced movements,taking small steps with the open fan,moving his arm gracefuly,moving the fan slowly as if cutting the air.Suddenly,the fan snapped close and he paused.He held out one arm ,the other waving the closed fan like a wand,moving his wrist in fluid motions.Suddenly the fan opened and he froze in place,the fan raised above his head,kneeling ever so slightly,revealing the white background with a yin yang symbol on it .His head tilted down,hair falling in his face,he glanced only eyes from behind the fan now covering the bottom half of his face.Then as suddenly as he stopped,he began to move again,this time faster.

Neji moved about the room gracefully turning and flipping the fan,spinning to catch it between hands before he dropped to the ground,the fan folded in his hands,his hair fanned out across the floor.Then slowly,he began to rise up with the closed fan,leaning back until his back touched his the floor behind him.He snapped the fan open again as he sat up , flipping the fan as he leaned forward once more.Placing the fan on the floor,he pulled it apart,revealing it to be two matching ones.

"Hey handsome,why don't you show some more skin,hm?",Misakura said.

"That's inapropriate,Misakura-sama! You can't ask him to do that!",Midori said.Neji threw a smirk in her direction,his hair obscuring most of his face.Leaving the fans on the floor ,Neji loosened his sash even more than it already was,then rose again,closing the fans.He stepped out of his skirt,leaving his calves on down completely bare,bits of his toned chest visible through his loosened robes*.Then,he opened the fans once more,and began careful steps on the front of his feet,before he began to spin.He dipped low,before coming back up,holding his arms outward,flapping the fans softly.As the music sped up,Neji moved faster ,gliding across the room,dipping back and striking the air as if fighting an invisible opponent,alternating between kicking the air,and slicing with the fans,his sleeves billowing with them and his sash dancing about with his every move.

All the while the crowd was awed and Ayumi was shocked.Neji caught a glimpse of her expression and he couldn't help but feel smug.Concentrating on his dance,Neji began swaying about .

By the time Hiashi were leaving his study with the ambassadors,Neji was finishing his performance.He was spinning faster and faster and when he finaly stopped,dropping to the floor gracelessly.He rose up slowly,loosened robes and flustered hair ,his lips parted and his head tilted,his eyes looking distant.His arms were crossed at the wrist,both fans closed as he slowly tilted backward.He threw the fans open,holding them above his head,his wrists still crossed.Finally ,he brought his arms slowly down to the side,the fans fluttering in his hands,before he rolled his head forward,hair falling over his face once more.Closing the fans,he crossed him over his chest and bowed.

The sound of loud clapping assaulted his ears which annoyed Neji.It was seeing his mother's face smiling back at him,did he smile himself.Even Hiashi himself was awed at his performance,and he briefly remembered where it came from.

"Nejiko",he murmured to himself.Ayumi though was clenching her jaw as Neji left the center of the room.For a split second,his eyes met hers defiantly and he mouthed 'you lose',to her as he took his seat beside Hinata,bowing to her as her loyal servant.

----

While everyone else was busy (or at least appeared to be.After all,there were shinobi present),Neji spoke to Hinata in the hall.He had left so that he could redress,though Shizune ,Misaakura and even her husband Raidou were disapointed.That made Neji even more subconcious and he asked Hiashi if he could be excused to change.

"Good distraction?",Neji asked,pawing at his hair,attempting to fix it.

"Yes,I got all the signatures",Hinata said,masking her byakugan with a scroll.

"Your welcome",he said,grabbing a small cup of sake.

"Thankyou",Hinata said,smiling.

"No,Thankyou.How did you know?",Neji asked her.

"When we were small children,I use to watch you,watch your mother.She was an amazing tessen dancer .My mother sometimes helped her dress,even though it was forbidden,so I watched her practice.And I watched her show you how,years ago.Since you're a master of Hakkeshou I had no doubt you could do it",Hinata said.

"Here",Neji said,sliding her the box of fans.

"No,they're yours to keep.Hizashi-sama was suppose to give them to you one day but...he's gone.And when they burned his things,I made sure I kept anything your mother left.I loved her as much as you did.When my mother was gone,she became my mother,Ko-sama became my father",she said,her eyes on the floor.Hiashi was looking in their direction,but she refused to acknowledge him.

After hearing Hinata's words,Neji left.He tied the box tightly and when he was alone in one of the bathrooms,he clutched it to chest.After readjusting his clothes,he left the bathroom,bumping into Yuriko.

"Hey Neji,the geusts are leaving,you should see them off",she said.Neji nodded.

"Alright,thank you",he said,hurrying back to the room.

"Wait",she called.Neji looked at her slightly annoyed.

"I just wanted to tell you how good your dance was ,but never mind",she said,turning away.

"Sorry about that.Thanks",Neji said,nodding to her.

Neji arrived at the front gate,just in time to catch the guests leaving,Hinata and Hiashi greeting them at the door.Neji hurried over there and apologized,sliding open the door to the garden house.

"Ah,there you are.We've been discussing and it's decided that you will perform in this years,Unity of Nations festival in Konoha",Hiashi said.

"And I've put you on the list of chosen applicants to be the Lady of Unity Revolving Truce*",Misakura said.

"Wait,I'm a guy!",Neji blurted out,earning a sharp stare from head family members.

"I mean,I would like to accept your invitation,but I am a male,therefore exempt from it",he said.

"No one has to know that.You're no taller than 5'8,maybe 5'7,you're certainly slim enough and you've got delicate hands.It's manageable",Misakura said.Neji looked at Hiashi helplessly and even at Ryusuke and Ayumi.

"They said that they wouldn't choose another Hyuuga ,except maybe Hinata,but she has stage fright.You know this ,Neji .It would be a great honor to hold such a position,Neji",Hiashi said almost as a warning.

"You just have to be reviewed by the Sunagakure Tessen Troupe and their captain the Kazekage's sister,and they'll decide.It's not definate,but there's a high chance of approval.I would know,I was part of the Mizugakure Tessen Troupe ",Misakura said.She blew him a kiss on the way out and attached herslef to her husbands arm as they left.Neji could feel Raidou undressing him with his eyes and had no idea how to react to it.

After Hinata handed off the paperwork to Shizune,everyone else was gone.Neji went to his room and rushed out of his clothes.He had promised to meet Tenten,Lee,and Naruto at Ichiraku's and he was running late.He had worked so hard at actually trying to keep up with engagements with them because in reality,Neji wasn't a very social person,Never the less,he wasn't about to let that get in the way of people he considered his friends.Having not had many friends,Neji wanted to keep the ones he had.Neji threw on a white kimono that went down to his knees and navy blue shorts ,he took of the bracelet and earrings and shoved them in a small brown box that he kept under his bed.He gave his hair a quick brush ,searching for a band or something to tie it with but saw nothing.Cursing,he grabbed a pair of slippers and was gone before anyone could seek him out

When Neji stepped outside, it was getting dark,and fireflies were darting about.He used his byakugan to see if any clan members were nearby and they weren't.Relieved,he jumped from the pagoda roof of the Hyuuga compound,landing on one of the garden houses before jumping to the ground,,making a run fro the wall.For a brief moment,Neji felt a strong flash of chakra nearby.Pausing,he wondered if he should investigate.Deciding against it,he made his way away from the Hyuuga compound.


-------------
*On the subject of the fan dance,this was inspired by watching kabuki fan dancers(onnagata,dudes playing chicks).Note that it's not quite as eratic and erotic as I made it in this,it's just Neji being fun.
Sign up to rate and review this story