Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Save Me

Part 2

by BulletproofNinja 6 reviews

Gerard reads what the guys have written about him. NOTE ADDED 22/01/13

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-12-09 - Updated: 2013-01-22 - 2077 words

5Ambiance
Part 2 guys! Sorry it took a little longer than expected, but I haven't had time to write recently. It's all done now though! And hopefully to a satisfactory standard... Well, I should probably shut up now and let you read it.... Okay, BYE!!!

~BulletproofNinja xo



"And..... We're all done." Frank exclaimed, beaming at all of us. "I think that means that it's time to see what people have written about us." He giggled excitedly, as we passed the papers back to the original owners.

I looked down at my once blank sheet of paper, which was now covered in the black scrawled handwriting of my friends. I began to read their thoughts about me, curious as to how they view me.

'Gerard....' I read, recognising Frank's messy script. 'There are so many good things about you I don't even know where to begin. Well, first of all, I just have to say that your voice is absolutely amazing. The way you sing sometimes just gives me goosebumps all over, and I can't get enough of it. Whenever we're on stage, I always see the amount of complete adoration on the faces of our fans. I don't think you realise how much they idolise you. And who could blame them? You're such a great guy, and I feel privileged to have you as a friend. You just have this aura about you that makes people want to know you. You're such an unique and interesting person, and I can honestly say that I have never met anyone quite like you. Even to this day, I still can't believe that you wanted to be my friend all those years ago, and I for one, have never looked back. I think becoming your friend was the best thing I've ever done. '

I finished reading this with my mouth hanging open in shock. Did he really think of me like that? I discretely wiped a small tear from the corner of my eye, my spirits lifted for the first time in months. My eyes moved down the page, to read what Ray had written.

"I think you are an amazingly talented person. You were made to be a singer and write songs filled with so much emotion, and it shows whenever you go onstage. You never fail to put everything you have into a song, and it's inspiring to watch. I love how you're my easy going, coffee addicted, brilliant friend, who always pulls through for me whenever I need you. You're incredibly unique, talented artist, and you should never change, not for anyone.'

A smile began to form on my lips, and I felt happier than I'd ever been. I never thought in a million years that the guys thought in me in such a positive way. I continued reading my sheet, moving onto Bob's paragraph.

"Gerard, dude, you're fucking awesome. I don't think I've ever been able to understand exactly how you think things or what your motives are for everything, but whatever you're doing, it fucking works. Ever since I met you, I've been in awe at how much passion you put into everything, your singing, your artwork, and just everyday situations. The way you treat all of us as though we were your brothers just makes me like you even more. I honestly admire you so much, you're just unbelievable.'

And finally, with a wide smile stretching across my mouth, I read Mikey's bit.

'Gee, first off, I love you. Like, seriously, you're just the best brother I could have ever dreamed of having. And not just now, even as kids, you'd always make time for me and I appreciated that. You have one of the kindest hearts I've ever known, and you never stop thinking of others. You helped me live out my dream of being in a band, and I love you so much for it. I know this isn't a lot to say about you, but I feel that it means a lot to me. Because I mean it. I love you, and I have so much to thank you for. You've been an amazing brother, and you should never feel any negative thoughts about yourself, because no one else thinks them. I, and everyone I know, love you. We all think you're an amazing, inspiring, just plain awesome guy! So, thank you.'

I stopped reading and looked up at the guys, who were all staring at me expectantly. I didn't realise I was crying until I felt a tear drop on to the back of my hand. I quickly moved to wipe them away before they noticed, but I wasn't fast enough.

"Gee, why are you crying?" Frankie asked, his voice laced with concern. I looked up again. I noticed Frank looking at me in a strange way, the look on his face very different to one I'd seen before.

"I don't even know. It's just... I had no idea... Do you guys really think that?" I sniffed, my voice wavering.

"Of course we do, Gerard! You're our best friend! We love you so much! But you just don't see it!" Ray exclaimed.

"I just thought...." I trailed off, unable to think of words to put together.

"Gerard, you need to get all of those negative thoughts out of your head, it's destroying you. It's obvious how stressed you are all the time, you've lost a hell of a lot of weight, and... you never smile anymore..." Mikey finished sadly.

I sighed deeply, running a hand through my shaggy hair. "I know!" I cried. "...I know. I just... Thank you." They all look confused.

"Uh... For what?" Frank asks.

"For writing such nice things about me, you honestly have no idea how much this means." I sniffed again, wiping my face.

"It was an honest pleasure, it's about time we all let each other know what we're like. Especially you. And I hope it's helped you."

"It has actually, I feel more confident somehow. Because you guys contradicted everything I thought was bad about myself, and made me see that I was being dramatic and over sensitive."

"Well, whenever you feel down, just look at the sheet, and remind yourself. Okay?" I nodded and smiled.

Okay, now who's up for the best show of our lives?" Bob asked enthusiastically. We all cheered and laughed, beginning to get up from the table.

"Uhh, actually... Can I talk to you for a sec, Gee?" Frank asked, putting a hand on my arm to stop me. I nodded warily and slowly sat back down again. Ray, Bob and Mikey looked back, silently asking what we were doing.

"We'll be there in a second guys, you go on ahead." I assured them, receiving a grin from each of them in return. The turned and left the room, and Frank and I could hear them shouting and laughing down the hall.

"So..." I said awkwardly. "What did you want to talk about Frankie?" He didn't reply for a minute or so, just continued to gaze at me with a spaced out expression on his face. Eventually, he showed sign of life, lifting up his own sheet of paper and waving it in the air.

"So, uh... I was reading what you wrote about me- Thank you so much by the way!" He smiled happily, looking genuinely pleased. "... And I noticed something at the end... It appeared you didn't want me to read something you wrote." He said in a low, husky voice. I gulped, scared of where this was going. He just leaned closer to me, his eyes never leaving my own. In a quiet tone, he whispered "You don't scribble out so well, Gerard."

My mouth dropped open with horror. Oh shit, he read it?! Damn, was he pissed off? ... He didn't seem pissed of... In fact, quite the opposite.

"Do you... Do you mind?" I questioned, sounding like a child who had been caught doing something bad.

"Do I mind?" Frank mused, tapping his chin. "Hmm, do I mind?..... I don't think I mind..." He said seductively. Oh... So maybe he isn't pissed off.

"What do you... think... about it?" I continued. He smirked his trademark smile at me, and I had to try hard to compose myself.

"Well, it's hard to explain... So I think I'm just going to show you." And with that, Frank closed the distance between us, connecting our lips with a gentle touch.

He pulled back quickly, the smirk once again present on his face. I was in a state of shock, so I didn't speak. I merely put my fingers to my lips, still unable to believe that he'd kissed me. I was completely unaware of what Frank was doing at that moment in time, as I just sat there, spaced out.

I was brought out of my reverie by a quick peck on the lips from Frank, before he got up and bounded out of the room. I was left staring after him, confused about this whole situation.

Feeling frustrated, I closed my eyes and slammed my head down on the table. When it connected with the hard surface, I heard something rustle. I opened my eyes again to see my piece of paper folded up under my face. I picked it up and opened it, wanting to read it again.

I sat there for five minutes, reading through it, until I got to Frank's part. After what had just happened, I felt my heart flutter as I began to read the untidy scrawl. However, I found that he'd added something to his paragraph while I wasn't looking. I read it, my heart pounding fast.

'In case that wasn't enough to explain things, I'll write it down for you. What do I think about it? Well... I like it. A lot. And... The feeling is more than mutual, Gee. Frankie xo.'

"Gerard, come on! We're on stage in five!" Ray came running through the door, calling for me. I quickly folded the paper back up and stuffed it into the back pocket of my jeans. Fixing my hair one last time, I grabbed my jacket from the back of the chair and followed after him.

The others were already onstage when we arrived, all of them hidden in the darkness. I strolled out onto the stage, pulling my jacket on swiftly and glanced over at Frank, who I could only just see in the absence of light. I walked up to him, trying to be discrete in front of the guys.

"I read what you wrote, Frankie." I whispered in his ear, making him jump.

"Oh yeah? Did you like it?" He tried to sound cocky, but I could hear the nervous shake in his voice.

"Definitely. You know I feel the same way." My eyes had adjusted to the darkness, and I could see his eyes glimmering bright, the two shining orbs staring into my own.

"I love you, Gerard."

"I love you too, Frankie." I leaned forward, connecting our lips.

Just then, the stage was flooded with light, making us visible to the crowd. I jumped back quickly, facing a suddenly quieter crowd, hearing low murmurs of excitement washing across the room. I tried to act as though nothing had just happened, even though I was receiving strange looks from the rest of the band. I shook out my body energetically, warming up even more as I began to address the crowd.

"Hey, New York, we're My Chemical Romance, and we're here to play music for you. Are you fucking ready?" I called out over the microphone. My ears were left ringing at the sudden burst of noise, cheers erupting throughout the building.

"Okay, this one's called The Sharpest Lives, I hope you enjoy." The noise of the crowd was drowned out by the introduction and we began the show.

And Bob's earlier statement rang true. The show we played that day was the best show of our lives.


... Did I do good? Or tu no gusta? R&R to let me know! You'll get M Shadows! Or Zacky? Or just the whole of A7X?
~BulletproofNinja xo

EDIT 22/01/13: Okay, I respect all of your opinions and everything, but if you're going to rate my story down as a trainwreck, can you please leave a review explaining why? Otherwise it's pointless because I won't know how I can improve -.-
Sign up to rate and review this story