Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm just a girl and I've been stood up... again.

Chapter 12, I'm good to go, but it still feels like I'm on my own

by ive_been_sporked 3 reviews

NEW TITLE for this story on next chapter : Run Dry.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-10 - Updated: 2012-12-10 - 1999 words

2Ambiance
Patrick took a short nap when he got home. His alarm woke him at 11:3 am, telling him it was time to start his day. He laid in bed for a few minutes getting his bearings. He touched his lips gently and smiled, remembering the events of last night. At the thought, he didn't really feel tired any more. He felt alive and ready to get his day started. Getting out of his bed, Patrick walked down the hall and into the bathroom. After a lengthy and refreshing shower, he strutted into the kitchen in his boxers deciding on some oatmeal for breakfast. Just as he was popping his bowl into the microwave he heard a buzzing coming from somewhere. he hit the start button and turned towards the buzzing in search of his phone.

He found it waiting for him next to his keys on the table in the hallway leading to the elevator. Just as he picked it up the missed call screen came up.

15 missed calls
from
Pete


"Holy crap Pete." Patrick muttered as he unlocked his phone to find quite a few texts from his best friend as well. Most of them yelling at Patrick that he had the balls to text him at 5 am about needing to talk then ignoring Pete the rest of the day.

Patrick put the phone to his ear after hitting send to call Pete back.

"What the hell man? I'm on my way to your place right now, are you okay?" A frantic Pete basically screamed into Patrick's ear.

"Hey Pete, I'm sorry man, I'm okay. I didn't mean to freak you out. I accidentally left my phone on the table when I went to sleep. Are you close?"

"Went to sleep? What the hell were you doing at 5 am that you went to sleep after that?? Listen, I'm just about to pull into your parking garage, we'll talk in a minute."

Before Patrick could get another word in the line went dead, he pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at it, he placed it next to his ear one more time, "Pete?"

He set the phone back down on the little table and waited for Pete to buzz his apartment. A couple minutes later Pete was appearing from the elevator, glaring at Patrick as he passed him and walked into the kitchen.

Patrick followed silently, watching Pete help himself to some orange juice in the fridge. After a particularly huge gulp, Pete stared down Patrick from across the island.

"Well? Are you going to tell me why I had a panic attack when I woke up today?"

Patrick laughed at his friend, Pete continued to glare which just caused Patrick to laugh harder.

"I'm sorry dude but you sound and look like your mom right now. With the glaring and the panic attack talk. It's quite funny."

"Oh, I'm so glad I can amuse you right now." Pete said trying to stay serious, but allowing a small smirk to slip through.

"Seriously though, whats going on?" Pete asked finally after the boys had a mini staring contest. Patrick lost due to being unable to control his laughter.

"Something awesome." Patrick could not keep the grin from his face and he was not smiling about Pete's likeness to Mrs. Wentz.

"Okaaaaay, care to clarify?"

"You remember me telling you about Lucy?"

"Lucy?... Um, oh yellow dress chick? From Green Mill?"

"Yeah" Patrick paused, already lost in thought.

"Yeah okay, what about her?" Pete asked, snapping Patrick back to the present.

"Oh, I think we might be dating and if we aren't right now, we will be soon."

"Ahhh, I see. That's what's with the goofy grin on that cute little face of yours. So what happened that you think this?"

"She kissed me last night, erm, this morning I mean. That's why I tried to get a hold of you bright and early."

"What? That's kick ass man. What were you two doing that you were out and about that early?"

"I got a call from Charlie that her and her sister were pretty drunk at the bar and needed a ride home, so I dragged my ass outta bed and went to pick them up. We took her sister back to Lucy's and put her in bed, then Lucy and I went and got some breakfast. When I dropped her back off at her place, she kissed me." Patrick's face got pink with blush and he moved to the fridge to grab a water, putting his back to Pete.

"Nice Patrick, so when are you seeing her again?" Pete asked, clapping Patrick on the back as he walked back from the fridge and sat down next to his friend.

"Tonight actually. I'm taking her to dinner."

"Brilliant. Where are you taking her?"


~~~*~~~


"I look once more, just around the river bend
Beyond the shore, where the gulls fly free,
don't know what for
What I dream, the day might send
Just around the river bend!"


I roll over in my bed and take a glance at the clock sitting on my night stand.

3:16 pm

Sighing, I move onto my back and look curiously at my bedroom door. Music coming from my living room pulled me out of my light sleep. Finally deciding to get up, I throw on some sleepy pants and a tank top and walk out into the living room where Ashley has set up camp on the couch watching Pocahontas.

I sit with her on the couch and pull the blanket she has laying on her lap over my legs and steel a cookie from the plate in her hands.

"Where did you get Pocahontas? I haven't seen this movie is ages." I ask with a mouth full of chocolate chip cookie.

"It was on Netflix, I'm so glad I noticed it. I love this movie." She mumbled back, clearly more into the movie than our conversation.

We sat in silence the rest of the movie, enjoying the nostalgia that always seems to accompany Disney movies.

When the credits began rolling, Ashley set the now empty plate on the coffee table and stretched out her arms. I uncurled my legs from underneath the blanket and stretched as well, standing to get my whole body.

"By the way, not that I don't love you sister of mine, but what are you still doing here?" I asked while making my way to the kitchen to get a glass of milk.

"Are you kidding me? First of all, I wanted to make sure you're not late tonight. Also, I had to make sure you look your absolute best, which means you need me to stick around to do your hair." She smirked at me and grabbed her dishes, following me into the kitchen.

"Good point about the hair stuff, but I would not be late tonight. I did set an alarm you know."

As though the universe was actually helping me out for once, my alarm clock began beeping obnoxiously. I laughed and gave my sister a pointed look as I jogged lightly to my room to shut it off. When I came back out into the kitchen, Ashley was giving me a slightly dirty look.

"What?" I ask, stopping in my tracks so that I'm not to close to her.

"It is 4:30. Get in the shower so I have time to do your hair."

I put my hands up like she was pointing a gun at me and smiled sweetly.

"Geeze Ash, I have like 2 and a half hours before he gets here. Settle down."

"Oh my gosh, are you even a girl?! Just hurry up and shower, I'll get your outfit ready." I laugh and grab my iPod on my way to the bathroom.

Ashley was right about me needing the whole 2 and a half hours to get ready. According to her, I needed to do my nails and pluck my eyebrows and straighten my hair, no curl, no straighten, no curl....okay were going ponytail now.

"Ashley!! Just pick something, you've been doing my hair for an hour, I have to get dressed yet." I cross my arms in a huff and glare at her in the mirror of my vanity.

"I told you that you would need more time but noooo, you never listen to me Lucy." Ashley grunted as she straightened it out again and pulled half of it up into a barrette, leaving some bangs to frame my face.

"There! Happy?" She all but yelled at me. I smiled sweetly back at my younger sibling.

"Very nice, thank you." Ashley just made a angry sigh and sat on the bed.

"Okay, dress me." I said happily, walking over to the bed to see what my sister has picked out for me.


~~~*~~~


"You look lovely, by the way." Patrick said nervously after hitting the button for the first floor in the elevator. I laughed lightly and smiled at him. He looked over with a confused face, causing small wrinkles between his eye brows.

"You said that already, but thank you. You look great too." A small blush appeared on his face, he turned his head forward again as the doors opened.

"I said that already? Oh right, when you opened your door. I'm sorry, I won't lie, I'm a little nervous." I smiled at him and took in his appearance as he held the lobby door open for me.

He had on a light blue button up dress shirt with a black blazer and black slacks. The first couple buttons by his neck were undone. He looked very handsome and oddly, even though it was not planned we matched and it made the butterflies in my stomach fly around even faster.

My sister had picked out a dark blue strapless cocktail dress I had hiding in the back of my closet and paired it with a short black sweater jacket with black ballet flats.

"I don't know if there's a place you would like to go, but I know this nice little Italian place on the east side if you would like." Patrick stated as we reached his car, he hurried to open the door for me and I gave him my best smile as I sat down. Once he came around the car and got into the drivers seat I gave his my answer.

"That sounds great, I love Italian." His smile brightened his whole face up and all I wanted to do was get lost in those eyes, or those lips, or those hands. I sighed quietly and shook my head of these thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked as we pulled out onto the street.

"What?" I asked, apparently my sigh was not quiet enough.

"You just sighed, is everything okay? We really don't have to get Italian if you don't want." Worry etched over his face as slowed down for a red light.

"No! I really want to go to the Italian place. I sighed because I'm happy and excited and nervous." I let out a shake-y laugh and tried to ignore the blush that was coming up onto my face.

"Oh, oh." The smile returned to his face, a small blush gracing him as well."That's good, but you don't have to feel nervous."

"Don't worry, it's a good nervous." Before my nerves completely took over my body, I reached my hand over slowly and set it on top of Patrick's right hand that was resting on the center console.

I could feel my face heating up and I looked out the window, willing the red to disappear. I felt his hand wrap around mine, causing the redness to darken on my cheeks only this time I didn't mine the heat so much.



~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~


A/N- Next time I put up a chapter it will be under a new story title: Run Dry. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Rate and review. Thanks!! ^.^
Sign up to rate and review this story