Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We All Die

We All Die

by HellyWay 1 review

(Frerard) After Franks parents die and he's forced to move to the coast of NC with his aunt he feels like nothing will ever get better. But when he meets the mysterious stranger Gerard, he finds li...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-11-24 - Updated: 2012-11-24 - 3894 words

1Ambiance
Ok so this is my first Fanfic on here and my first Frerard. So im a little nervous! But lets just say if you like it and keep reading i might just have to love you for ever and ever!this is just chapter one. there will be many more:) OH and PLEASE R&R so i know how im doing! it would mean a lot ;)

We all die. But some are never gone.


When I moved away from to Belleville New Jersey to the coast of North Carolina I wasn’t too thrilled. Actually, I hated my whole family for it. I hated every person that had anything to do with it. I loved New Jersey and it was my home. North Carolina wasn’t anything close. They were not that far away on the map but the feel had nothing in common.

“It’s gonna be great Frankie, don’t you worry.” My aunt called from over her shoulder. Her voice was cheery and fragile and I hated it. She knew damn well how ridiculous it was to tell me not to worry.

I didn’t look up at her and kept my face looking out the window. Tree’s and plain cotton fields going by in a blur. My Aunts old car the only thing on the long stretch of road and I was starting to miss the crowded streets of NJ more and more. When I didn’t answer her she sighed and tried again. “My house is right on the water Frankie, there’s even a light house just about fifty feet away. We’re the only house within a mile so we have it all to ourselves. It’s up on a cliff, but there’s stairs going down to the beach. Aw, you’ll love it Frank, Ocracoke is a beautiful place.” She shook her head with delight and winked at me through the review mirror. I rolled my eyes and shook my head looking out the window again.

I didn’t care where her house was or how beautiful the North Carolina island was, it was never going to be my home. I would be in the middle of no where, secluded with my aunt Marie and her 5 cats. I might just have to jump off the cliff before it’s all over with. “Your Grandpa would take me and your Dad all the time. Oh, all the memories. I remember when your Dad first started dating your Mom and brought her down…-“

“Can we not talk about them?” It fell silent for awhile and Marie seemed a little hurt, but I was in no mood to feel bad for others. My parents had died just a week ago, you couldn’t expect me to be over it. To talk about them as if it were years ago and it was okay was… unbelievable. It wasn’t okay and she should know that.

“Sure sweetheart, I’m sorry.” She said quietly with the same sweet voice, but there was a hint of sadness behind it she was failing to hide. I knew she was just trying to help, to get my mind off everything, but I couldn’t. My parents were dead, my only immediate family, gone.

One of the biggest reasons I wanted to get out of this car was well, I hate cars. I didn’t want to see one nor be in one. A car crash killed my parents. They never had a date night, and the one night they decide it’s a good idea it snows. My father loosing control on the ice and running off the road…

I slammed my fist down on the arm rest and Marie jumped, looking back through the mirror with worried eyes to see what the noise was. I looked down at my knees, feeling the closest I had since my parent’s funeral to crying.


“So Frank, what do you think?” Marie turned around with a big smile on her face and arms out to show off her home. I walked in a few more steps looking around the beach house. It wasn’t what I was expecting at all. The house itself was dark wood inside and out. The ceilings high with a big window section in the living room, but you could see it right when you walked in. Nothing was really in separate rooms, with walls and doors separating it. It was all open and right when you walked in you could just about see the whole place.

The stairs were placed to the left of the front door and lead to a balcony that hung over the kitchen. There seemed to be only two doors upstairs (the balcony) so I knew there would only be one place to hide from my aunt. As I stepped in more I realized nearly everything was made of the same dark wood. Everything was so natural, the lamp base, the doors, the counters, the stairs, the walls, the ceiling, the railings, the tables, the door frames, and the cabinets, all wood.

Aside from that Marie had a few rugs strayed out across the home, the living room had a big fire place, the chairs and couches looked soft and comfy. It was almost like a beach cabin. Also the natural lighting from the big windows in the living room facing the ocean was all the light the place needed.

The sun was covered by all the clouds giving off a grey affect to the whole house, but I didn’t mind. It just reminded me of Jersey. I walked over to the big windows more to look out over the ocean. She wasn’t kidding when she said she was right on the water. There was only so far you could walk behind the house before you fell off the cliff and into the rocks below. But after that it was nothing but sea oats, sand, and water. When I looked over to the left I could see the light house she was talking about. It was just plain white, and I thought light houses were supposed to be black and white, but oh well.

I turned around to look at Marie again who was still waiting for an answer about the house. “Its uh… nice. Really open.” I said, not as excitedly as she probably would have hoped but she took it anyways, smiling and clapping her hands.

“Oh Frankie I knew you would like it!” She went over to the door and picked up one of my bags, nodding her head towards the other one. “Now come on let’s take your stuff up to your new room.” She smiled warmly at me for a few moments looking for some kind of excitement from me. When she found none she sighed and walked up to the balcony.

I followed behind her with the suitcase, dreading the fact I wouldn’t have my old room. It had memories in it. Where I first learned to play guitar and all. I made sure to bring it with me, all my rock band and movie posters, and CD collection all had its own bag. Even though I loved all those things It didn’t make me any more happier. It just reminded me of them more. And I still couldn’t believe they were gone.

Marie had shown me around the room a little, told me dinner would be ready in a few hours, until then I should go look around. I nodded to her and said thank you, and went to unpacking my things and putting up my posters. The room was also wood, the ceiling slanting down from the right. And the whole side wall a window. I felt a little exposed due to the fact that the huge triangular window had no curtain, but there wasn’t really anybody out here to see me. So I guess it didn’t really matter.

The window looked out to the field of tall sea grass, to the left was the forest, to the right was the cliff and gray ocean. But it was almost directly facing the light house. Which was a little comforting, but a little unsettling at the same time. I wasn’t quite sure what it was, but something wasn’t normal about it. It just kind of drew me in. It stuck out a little more on the cliff and was surrounded by jagged rocks.

You should look around

Shifting my weight from foot to foot I bit my lip. For some reason I wanted to go down there. It was cold as fuck outside and dark and cloudy, but… the light house looked interesting. And I would do anything to get my mind off what had happened.

I didn’t bother letting Marie know where I was going when I walked down stairs, and out the door. She knew she needed to give me space, thank god. The grass was tall and hit my around my waits area, but that could just be from my size.

The light house seemed closer from the window, but it wasn’t like I had anywhere else I needed to be or go. I liked walking anyways. It gave me time to think, and at the same time forget.

The air was cold and I could smell the sea, the waves rumbling against the shore. I was expecting it to be bright and the water blue here, but it wasn’t. The place seemed to match the situation, but there was something comforting about that. The sky was grey, as was the water, and it wasn’t going to try to lie to me about what was going on. It knew, and it was here to surround me in it.

When I was finally close to the light house it looked old. Cracks going up the side and a old door leading into the bottom. The light going around in circles was dim from the low hanging clouds. But I could see it cutting through and hitting the side of the house.

A black figure moved at the top where the light was. It looked like a man, but I couldn’t make out any features. It walked a little, then just stopped above where I was. I squinted my eyes and stepped a little closer to try to see better. Marie hadn’t said anything about another person being here. In fact, she said we were the only ones within a mile, and we had this place all to our selves. So who was this?

I cautiously stepped closer and closer to the where the door was until I had my hand on the handle. I looked down to make sure it wasn’t locked as I pulled, it wasn’t. When I looked back up the guy was gone. This was weird. This is usually where the person in the movie should go back to where ever the hell they came from. And when they go inside your screaming at them for being so dumb. Guess I’m going to be them.

I stepped inside slowly and looked around. It was colder than it was outside and damper. The walls were a white/gray cement and so was the ground. There was a tall steel flight of stairs leading up to the light. I looked up to see if I saw anyone. I didn’t.

“The fuck..?” I breathed and squinted my eyes as I turned my body. Nothing. I jammed my hands into my jacket pockets and looked around the bottom floor to make sure no one was there. When I was sure the coast was clear I started to make my way up the steps.

I had a feeling that I wasn’t supposed to be here, but Marie had made it very clear that we could do as we pleased. And the feeling only made it more and more interesting and worth doing. If somebody else was here, than they were the ones who weren’t supposed to be here, right?

I heard a creak from the top floor, and my head snapped up. “What the hell?” I stopped and looked up more carefully, like I could actually see through the floor boards. “Is somebody up there?!” I called to the top. I waited a few seconds with no answer. I was starting to get chills down my spine, but that could also just be from the cold.

I moved more and more up the flight of stairs, a low creak here and there from the steel being old and rusted. I took one hand out of pocket and used it to steady myself on the railing. It was cold and damp, which I was expecting, the black being interrupted by the brown rust spots every now and then.

It seemed like forever till I reached the top. There had been two doors leading off to the side on my way up, but I hadn’t gotten enough guts to go through them yet. I stepped off of the stairs and onto rounded wooden floors next to the light. It’s ray’s moving round and round slowly. The view from up here through the windows was amazing. You could see out through the small cliff and out into the gray ocean. The fields of tall sea grass swaying with the cool wind. It was almost captivating, but not captivating enough to keep me from feeling the cool air that came over me. It raced over my back and felt like my back was facing a freezer.

I turned around suddenly took my hands out of my pockets to hold them in front of me. What the hell was that? It could have been just a gust of cold wind but…It wasn’t moving. It wasn’t blowing, It was just…still. I took small steps forward and around the bulging lamp. The cold feeling went away with just a few steps. I turned around to see if I could see what caused it, of course, I couldn’t. I knew this place looked interesting.

I walked over to the other side of the window facing away from the house. It was just long field’s, sand, and ocean, and the it got smaller and smaller until it disappeared into the fog. I set my hand down on he window seal, and felt something. I looked down to sea a pencil and paper. I scrunched my face up in confusion and turned my head to a line with the drawing on the paper. It was soft and looked to be just the beginning but you could make out a light house, the ocean next to it, and a dark shadow at the top of the light house looking down into the water. In the water there was an arm sticking out, like it was grabbing at the surface. Almost like it was…-“

“Don’t touch that.” I dropped the drawing and spun around clenching my chest. My breathe escaped me and if the window seal wasn’t there I would have fallen right on my ass.

“The fuck man? I mean- sorry for looking at that but- holy shit you scared the fuck out of me!” I was still breathing hard trying to catch my breathe when I was finally able to look up at the voice.

It was a man, I’m guessing the same one I saw earlier. He was standing with his hands in his pockets, expressionless. He had black hair that looked like it had been lazily brushed out of his pale face. He had piercing hazel eyes that looked as if they belonged to a little boy, not full grown man dressed in all black. He had a black fake looking leather jacket zipped up over what looked to be a black shirt underneath. He was also wearing black jeans that looked tight, and black converses. He almost didn’t even look real, he was so..so..

“Who are you?” He said fatly and I looked up from my trance and felt like a freak for staring. His voice buzzed and was low, but no where near what I was expecting.

“Uh, I just moved in to that house. Right over uh, there.” I nodded my head over to my Aunts place behind him, but he didn’t bother to turn around. He just kept the same, straight, look on his face. It almost looked like he could see right through me, and it was unnerving.

“A woman lives there.” He said. And lifted an eye brow at me in question.

“Yeah I know, uh, she’s my aunt. I just moved in with her cause uh, my parents…It’s not important. But uh, I’m Frank.” I felt stupid and I was stuttering pretty bad. But he didn’t seem to be too amused by it. He just nodded his head and lifted his face a little, so it didn’t look like he was about to kill me.

“Didn’t know anybody was moving in. Uh, sorry for scaring you. I’m Gerard.” He moved over next to me at the window but made no move to shake me hand. This guy was…weird? No, uh…well yeah…but…different? That seemed more appropriate.

“Uh, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you like…get here? I mean I think I saw you up here when I was walking but, when I got up here I didn’t see you, and on the way up I didn’t see you any where.” He just looked out the window and didn’t seem like he heard me. “You like a magician or something?”
This time he scoffed and laughed a little, shaking his head. “Uh, sorry, no, not a magician. Just blend in I guess.” I quirked an eye brow at him, because that seemed like bullshit. He wasn’t going to blend in, not in my eyes anyways. But he was still looking out the window and for his sake, I let it slide.

“So, where do you live? Like my aunt told me nobody lived within a mile and I didn’t see a car. You walk here?”

He gave a little lopsided smile and turned to me. “I live here.”

I couldn’t hide the look of shock and confusion on his face, and Gerard laughed at it. “I’m sorry for like, my chin dropping on the floor but uh, I thought there wasn’t supposed to be anyone living within a mile of us. You seriously live…in the light house?!” My voice got a little higher on the end which didn’t hide my disbelief, and Gerard just looked amused by it.

“Uh, yeah. I know what your thinking, freak right? A twenty two year old living in a light house by himself. Run while you can!” He said jokingly, almost, and laughed to himself as he turned to look out the window again.

I couldn’t keep my eyes off him and I felt like a creep but, I couldn’t help it. There was just something about him…”No, I’m just glad I’m not the only freak.” I smiled and laughed to him and he looked over and did the same. This was weird, some random guy, that now I know wasn’t that much older than me, just comes out of no where and now we’re talking at the top of a light house like its perfectly normal. Oh and he lives in the light house, which just makes things that much more unusual. And here I was thinking this was going to be boring.

Me and Gerard went on after that just talking and getting to know each other. I found out that he works as the ‘keeper’ of the light house. Making sure everything’s working properly and not falling apart. But It still remained a mystery exactly where he lived in it. And why my Aunt had no idea that he was living here, or did she simply just forget? Surely you don’t just forget somebody like Gerard is living 50 feet away from your house.

I told him about how I had moved from Jersey, and hated that I had to move here, and found out he was from Jersey as well. From there we got into the Jersey music scene and how we both would rather be in the back of a Misfit show than the front of a Poison pit any day.

When it started to get dark I knew Marie would be ready with dinner any minute and was going to have a heart attack if I wasn’t back in like 5 minutes. “I better go, My aunts probably worrying her ass off.” I scoffed and ran a hand through my hair. I didn’t really want to go. I had actually managed to not think about my parents almost the whole time I was with Gerard. I didn’t know how he did it, talking to him was almost like you were in a trance, his hazel eyes going through you, his lips always curved up into a smile on one side. Chills were going down my spine the whole time I was talking to him, what felt like little chilled pins sticking me all over my body.

He nodded his head and lifted himself off where he was resting against the wall. “Shame, I was just about to rant on how people think DC and Marvel are like the only comic’s out there.” He grinned, baring his small stained teeth and I laughed, just because it was so true. “but I guess we can save that for tomorrow.” I stopped laughing so much and looked at him, a little shocked.

“You want me to come back tomorrow?” His eye brows sank a little bit and his eyes widened. Like he had been caught red handed. He took one step back and folded his arms sheepishly. I smirked because well, I found this quite amusing.

“Uh, yeah, I mean, only if you want to. I’m not saying you have to or anything I mean you don’t even know me and..-“

“See you tomorrow, Gerard.” I said, and giggled a little at his face of nervousness and shock. I have him one last smile and took in the site of him just a little bit longer before I turned and started making my way down the long flight of stairs.

This guy was odd no doubt, and I had just agreed to come see him, in a light house, where he lived. Fuck what is wrong with me. He had this certain… charm? He was mysterious and just, for some weird reason, he cooled me. The closer he would get, the colder I would get. He never actually touched me though. Even when our hands were on the window seal and we were both looking out over the ocean, sometimes his hand would slide over a little closer to mine, but never touched. And for some even weirder reason, I wanted it to.
Sign up to rate and review this story