Categories > Original > Romance > Chimera

Forest Run

by Kristia 0 reviews

Trying to run to the sunrise.. but the darkness is still following you..

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 904 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5
"Forest Run"
Both girls were being brought with bear and bird watching them, the crossbow was confiscated and Diana didn´t have anything to get rid of the shackles that were on her wrists. It was getting dark and they made a camp, the wolf with some distrust asked her."What were you doing in the forest alone?" And Diana replied "I was on a break and wanted to have a walk around here, but didn´t expect to meet you guys." Then the canine asked If you saw us from that tree in the distance, then why did you follow us?"" The chimera questioned the human. "I think my curiosity won over my common sense" Diana said with some embarrassment as she smiled to thinking about it and continued. “Well, why you were being chased?" Now the chimera was embarrassed and said. “because I was studying humans.” She said somewhat coldly. “I think that's a little excessive, isn´t it?" Diana said. "Not if you do it without the permission of your superiors" the chimera corrected her. "That explains why you were so close to the city, by the way, my name is Diana" the human said and the canine followed "My name is Karou, one moment..." The wolf examined the human more closely and asked, "You are Pálaven fox?" Diana somewhat surprised said "Well, yes, I´m known from so far?" then the chimera explained "Most people have heard about your encounters with angels, even a few people in my city think you're one of us" Kaoru said with a tone of excitement. "Well, then you know that I'm already planning how to get us out of here, right?" The chimera nodded and she continued. "Do you by any chance have claws?, Or they are also human like?" Karou understood what she meant and put her back to Diana´s, her hands did looked human, but had sharp claws which managed to cut the ties, Diana checked if Freya and Bromsmith were asleep and untied Karou. They were about to leave when she returned to the camp and returned with her crossbow. "I will not let those two keep this," she said as she put it behind her and both women escaped from the bear and bird.

The escape ride was easy, Diana knew that forest like the back of her hand and took every shortcut she knew to get out, her main concern was what to do with Karou; she couldn´t leave the wolf alone with those two beasts, but it wasn´t very good idea to take her to Pálaven, the officers, furthermore, the angels could detect her easily. The chimera was slightly ahead when she saw the end of the trees and the edges of the city gleamed in the early morning darkness. "I've never seen the city from so close," she said, then turned around and froze when she saw the human, it took Diana a second to turn around and take the crossbow and a blur flew from her right side. The bear came running and she evaded him jumping to her left shooting arrows that hit the right shoulder of the beast, Karou was being surrounded by the bird again bending down just enough to not get slashed with the sharp claws, both were at within escaping from the forest and the brink of a certain death. Diana took advantage of the slow speed of the bear and shot everytime she could, but the arrows seemed to be paper at comparison to the skin of the chimera. "Damn it ..." she said as she thought of how deal with the problem. Karou tried to defend herself, but the bird was too fast, she was still a hunting toy for the bird and couldn´t reach her. "What a shame that this has to end like this" Freya said and continued with her psychotic smile. "At least we had fun." The wolf was prepared for a frontal attack when Freya stopped and suddenly fell to the ground with three arrows on her back; she looked at the corpse and then caught a glimpse of the great bear holding Diana with his strong feline arms.

Bromsmith was furious seeing how the human killed Freya; he ran and grabbed her neck and wanted to crush it with all his might and he was going to. Diana tried to leave the grip, but she couldn´t breathe until she no longer had the strength to keep trying, the bear was going to kill her. "Is this how it will end?" The human thought as she was losing consciousness. Karou didn´t waste any moment and hit the animal with an incredible speed, black wings out of her clothes, breathing very hard, Diana saw how the two creatures battled. Karou easily evaded Bromsmith arms, but he also knew how defend from the wolf´s speed. Karou´s fatigue was limiting her more and more and with a careless move she received a crushing blow to her stomach. The bear just wanted to finish what was in front before him, he walked limping towards the wolf still trying to recover from the blow, then heard arrows being fired and his legs gave up withering with pain, his body fell near Karou and felt another set of stings nn his back and everything disappeared into the darkness of his death.
Sign up to rate and review this story