Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Fence (kiss #25)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-22 - Updated: 2006-07-22 - 1303 words

0Unrated
Fences (kiss #25)

By kira

Author's note: More live journal kiss fun based on "Moonlight" featuring Inutaisho and Izayoi! winks


"Inu-chan! Inu-chan! Where are you, my baby?" Izayoi called out as she searched her room for her son. The little two year old was no where to be found and both Izayoi and her friend Tsuki, who was supposed to be looking after him, were starting to panic. Leaving her room, she called out to Tsuki, who was looking around the courtyard garden for him, "He's not hiding in my room either. Where can he have gotten to?"

"I don't know... Gomen nasai, Ningen-hime, I swear I had only left him alone for a couple of minutes while I went to see Rumiko-chan about that scroll she said I could borrow. I figured since he was playing so nicely in the garden..."

"It's okay, Tsuki-chan. Besides, I doubt he could have gotten too far."

"Hai..."

The two women were busy trying to figure out who should go look up and down the palace corridors and who should stay behind, when Sesshomaru appeared.

"Maru-chan/Waka-sama!" they cried out together.

"Hai...?"

"Inu-chan is gone!" Tsuki tearfully wailed as Izayoi stood there nodding silently as she wiped away her tears.

"Oh hell..." Sesshomaru groaned. "Have you looked-"

"We searched everywhere and we can't find him!" Tsuki interrupted.

"Hai... Wait here and I'll go see if I can find him. There're a lot of places he can hide, and I should know I used to do this myself..." he reassured them and with that he took off in search of his younger half brother.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha had somehow found himself in front of a low decorative wall that fenced off a beautifully manicured garden. He had been chasing a butterfly through the outer corridors and his pursuit had led him to the dog queen's private courtyard. Spotting the butterfly as it fluttered on the other side of the wall, he quickly hauled himself up and over the little fence, landing headfirst in her prized peonies. "Ouch!" he said as he sat up and rubbed his head. "Where you go?" The two year old looked around for the butterfly.
The dog queen was in her room, reading a scroll when she heard a muffled crash coming from the direction of her garden. Sighing loudly, she put her scroll aside, and stood up to investigate. She walked over to the shoji leading outside, and slid it open. Inukouhi groaned loudly when she spotted her intruder merrily digging up her prized peonies. "Oi!" she called out to him as she came out onto the low veranda. "What do you think you're doing there?"

The little hanyou looked over at her and smiled. "Tatama!" he cried happily and pushing himself to his feet, he trotted over to her. "Up!" he said imperiously and it was the dog queen could do to stifle her laugh.

She gave him a tight little half smile and said, "I'm not picking up, you filthy lil thing. Where's your mother or that girl who's supposed to be looking after you? Get them to pick you up."

"Iie! You up!" Inuyasha held up his grimy little hands.

Inukouhi quirked an eyebrow at him. "You're an impossible lil thing, ne? Alright I'll pick you up, but you're coming with me first." She took him gently by the wrist and led him over to her fountain. There, she washed his hands, being careful to avoid wetting her silk kimono, before she took off his muddy yukata. Gathering him in her arms she picked him up much to his delight. They headed for the other part of the women's quarter's where he spent his time between his mother, Izayoi, and foster mother, Tsuki.

As they made their way slowly towards Izayoi's rooms, Inutaisho, having heard about Inuyasha's disappearance, was busy trying to comfort a distraught Izayoi after sending an equally distraught Tsuki to search the corridors of the main palace.

"Ssh...Iza-chan, I'm sure Inu-chan is just fine. I doubt he's gotten very far and I'm sure someone will find him soon." He held her close and kissed the top of her head.

"Hai..." Izayoi said as she tried to get her crying under control, but she was sick with worry.

"Sessho-kun used to do this all the time when he was that age, and as you can see, we didn't lose him."

"Hai...but I still can't help but think he's somewhere all alone and crying because he's lost and hungry. Tsuki-chan had sent for his lunch and then she went to get a scroll while he was playing..."

"He's fine, Iza-chan. I bet he's having the time of his life too." Inutaisho kissed her cheek, when it hit him. "You know, I just remembered that the first time Sessho-kun did this, he went to my rooms and that's where we found him. Come, let's go look there." He started to lead her away when she stopped.

"But what if he comes back and no one's here?"

The dog general sighed. "Perhaps we can ask Rumiko-chan to look out for him."

"Hai...but I hate to disturb her; it's getting near time for her to have her baby, and Inu-chan can be a bit of a handful at the best of times..."

"Hai..." Inutaisho chuckled softly, pleased that she had finally smiled. He was about to kiss her again when they heard a soft "ahem." Looking up, they were both surprised to see the dog queen standing there, holding a sleeping Inuyasha. He had curled up in her arms, sucking his thumb as he peacefully napped.

"I believe this belongs to you, Ning... Izayoi-hime," the dog queen said as she held Inuyasha out to her.

Izayoi felt her eyes welling up with tears again. "Arigatou, Okugata-sama. Gomen nasai, I hope he didn't disturb you..." the human woman said as she gently took him.

"Iie, aside from digging up a few peonies I had asked Uekiya to thin out for me, he was very good. A filthy mess, but still good." She smiled hesitantly at the human woman, who was equally unsure of herself and where this was heading. The two women, since Inuyasha's birth, had made a few abortive attempts at trying to get to know each other better, but they could never seem to get past the fact they both loved the same man and it seemed that they were destined to remain on opposites sides of the fence concerning him. As they stood there, letting the silence build up between them, Inutaisho came over and put an arm around Izayoi and pulled her close. "See, I told you someone would find him," he said softly. Inukouhi turning to go was surprised when he threw his other arm around her. "Arigatou, my love, I appreciate this," he whispered before kissing her cheek. Grinning wickedly, he said, "There's Sessho-kun and the girl. I was thinking, how about we put him down to nap under their watchful eye, and we go back to my rooms?"

"Nani?!" the two women chorused softly.

"You're mad, Husband."

"Hai, I'm inclined to agree with her, my love."

The dog queen laughed. "Good, I was hoping you'd come and survey the damage your son made in my garden, Izayoi-hime."

"I was just about to suggest that, Okugata-sama," Izayoi said as she handed Inuyasha to her mate.

"But...?" Inutaisho said as they turned to leave.

"But nothing, Husband, we have important matters to discuss such as building a new fence and fixing up a damaged garden. You'll have to manage without us," the dog queen said as she led Izayoi away.

"Hai," Izayoi giggled over her shoulder before turning her attention to the dog queen as they made a rare attempt at healing the breach between them...
Sign up to rate and review this story