Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Wada Calcium CD3 (kiss #28)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-22 - Updated: 2006-07-22 - 1378 words

0Unrated
Wada Calcium CD3 (kiss # 28)

By kira

Author's note: This is based on a conversation I had with my friend Vickey about Live Journal's "30 kisses" themes... You had to pick an anime couple & write and/or draw something for it & you have to include a kiss! I've chosen Inutaisho & Izayoi. For this story I've included another pairing, this time of Inuyasha and Kagome since calcium pills weren't around in Inutaisho's & Izayoi's time. I've also planned another surprise pairing in this one. winks


Kagome looked over at the sleeping hanyou. She was rather worried about him as he rarely slept more than a couple of hours and never during the day. Creeping closer to him, she laid a cool hand on his forehead and was shocked to feel it was warmer than usual. She toyed with the idea of waking him up; instead she decided to let him sleep a bit longer.

/I can always get him to take this when he wakes up later.../She thought as she placed the bottle of calcium pills back in her backpack. Sighing softly, she pulled out her math book and started studying.

Roughly an hour and a half had passed before Inuyasha stirred in his sleep. "Ofukuro...?" he murmured softly.

Kagome set her book down and inched closer to him. "You mother's not here, Inuyasha," she said softly. She felt his forehead again and was alarmed at how warm he had become. "Inuyasha..." she whispered helplessly. Then, as if things couldn't have gotten any worse, Inuyasha's elder brother emerged from the shadows.

Sesshomaru stood there, staring at the prone form of his brother for several long tense minutes as Kagome tried to nonchalantly reach for her bow.

"Put that down, Little Miko," he said in a tone that brooked no defiance. "This Sesshomaru is not here to harm him. Besides, there is no use in killing him while he is ill." He gave her briefest of smiles. "This Sesshomaru prefers the whelp to be at his fighting best, when he does." The taiyoukai approached his brother and knelt. He breathed in his brother's scent deeply; trying hard to see exactly what it was that had felled the hanyou.

"He's got a fever," Kagome said softly.

Sesshomaru looked at her expectantly.

"I don't know why, he's never been sick as far as I know. And he's not wounded so the fever's not caused by infection..."She trailed off softly and looked him in eye.

"This Sesshomaru is not a healer, nor does he know all that much about hanyou. Most of them rarely live this long," he about to add more when he was interrupted by a soft moan, followed by Inuyasha gently tugging on his arm.

"Oyajii..." Inuyasha whispered.

"Iie, I'm not our father. You're delirious, Whelp," he said softly.

"Oyajii...?" Inuyasha said softly as he struggled to sit up. "Oyajii, Ofukuro...don't feel good." He slumped forward and Sesshomaru deftly caught him in his arm.

Sighing, Sesshomaru gently eased him back with a bit of help from Kagome.

"I think he thinks we're his parents," she whispered and Sesshomaru gave her the look that he usually used on Jaken. Kagome blushed and felt like an idiot for stating the obvious. However, she bravely went on, determined to salvage the situation. "Maybe we should play along with it."

Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow at her, "This Sesshomaru has no time for this nonsense." He rocked back on his heels in an effort to get up when he felt a gentle touch on his arm.

"Please..." she said softly.

He looked at her and then at his brother and back. Sighing softly, he acquiesced to her gentle demand. "What is wrong, Whelp?" he said softly, earning a bright smile from the girl although Inuyasha did little more than moan softly. "It is useless, Miko, the moment's passed and this Sesshomaru should be leaving." He rose this time unimpeded by her and started to walk away when his brother's voice made him stop in his tracks.

"Oyajii, I want Ofukuro..." Inuyasha whined softly. "Where is she?"

"She's over there," Sesshomaru said.

"I'm over here," Kagome said softly.

Inuyasha's eyes fluttered open and through the feverish haze that clouded his brain, he saw his mother instead of the more familiar face of Kagome. "Ofukuro..." he whispered.

"Hai..." she said.

"My head hurts..." he said, "make it go away."

"Hai," she murmured as thought about what to give him. Having Sesshomaru watch her every move was not conducive to clear thinking, and Kagome was beginning to regret ever asking him to stay. Finally inspiration hit and she rummaged through her backpack. Grinning broadly, she pulled out a small white plastic bottle and opened it before shaking out a tablet into her hand.

Raising a delicate eyebrow at her, Sesshomaru asked, "What is it?"

"It's a Wada calcium CD3 pill. According to my grandfather, they're good for what ails you." She laughed. "It's a simple calcium pill, you know, like a vitamin...?"

"This Sesshomaru does not know, for if he did he would not ask you."

"It won't harm him, if that's what you're worried about."

"Keh!" and with that Sesshomaru dismissed her with a wave of hand.

Kagome moved to Inuyasha's side. After waking him gently and sitting him up, she tried getting him to take the pill but to no avail. She looked over to Sesshomaru for help.

Sighing a long suffering sigh, Sesshomaru said, "Take the herbal remedy you mother's giving you or you won't get well."

"Hai..." Inuyasha swallowed it dutifully and after a few minutes he drifted off to sleep again. His brother and the miko waited out the night together, silently watching over the sleeping hanyou. Inuyasha woke up a couple times during the night, crying for his parents and Kagome fed him more of the calcium pills, until shortly before dawn his fever broke.

"The whelp is fine now and this Sesshomaru should be on his way." The taiyoukai rose in one fluid motion and simply walked off in the direction in which he had come without a single backwards glance.

Kagome stared at his retreating form before her manners kicked in. "Wait!" She called out and Sesshomaru briefly halted. After making sure Inuyasha would be alright, she dashed off to his elder brother's side. "I...ummm...I just want to thank you. You didn't have to stay and you did, but more importantly, you could have harmed us and you didn't." She smiled at him and he rolled his eyes at her before she surprised him by reaching up and gently pulling his face closer to her own. Then before he could recover his senses long enough to kill her for her insolence, she planted a tiny chaste kiss on his cheek. The startled taiyoukai gaped at her in astonishment for no one other than Rin had the cheek do something like that to him.

"Thank you again," she called out to him as she dashed back to Inuyasha.

Sesshomaru watched her leave. Once she had reached his brother's side, the taiyoukai listened to her cheery explanations of what went on that carried on the morning breeze. With a barely perceptible shrug he turned and left the way he came.

Walking sedately, he came to a small clearing in the forest where he was momentarily blinded by the sunlight. As he lowered the arm shielding his eyes, Sesshomaru was astonished to see his father's shade and that of his human concubine, Izayoi.

"Chichi-ue..." he said softly.

"Sesshomaru," his father's shade replied. "I'm pleased to see you were looking after your brother." The ghost of Inutaisho allowed a brief smile to grace his lips. "Arigatou..." he said softly and Sesshomaru simply nodded.

"Waka-sama," the ghostly form of Izayoi whispered. "Domo arigatou gozaimasu..." She glided forward and bowed deeply before him. "I appreciate the trouble you went through last night, you have my gratitude..." she said and for brief moment of horror, Sesshomaru thought she would kiss him as well before she melted back by his father's side. As quickly as they had come they were gone. Sesshomaru felt sorely tempted to double back and remain by his brother's side for another day before dismissing the notion and continuing on his way.
Sign up to rate and review this story