Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

The sound of waves (kiss $29)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-22 - Updated: 2006-07-22 - 583 words

0Unrated
The sound of waves (kiss#29)

By kira

Author's note: Another live journal kiss based on "Moonlight" featuring Inutaisho and Izayoi! winks


Inutaisho and Izayoi walked hand and hand in the moonlight as they strolled along the wide expanse of beach that bordered the western side of his palace. The young girl had been feeling homesick and he figured the sight of the full moon overhead and sound of the waves as they gently lapped against the shore would make her feel better.

Inutaisho chuckled along with Izayoi as she giggled. He was pleased her spirits had lifted and he was glad she was finding trudging through the sand as much fun as he did. It was not long before they reached thy reached the edge of the shore where the beach met the sea. The sand was firmer there, making it much easier to walk. They strolled along, occasionally stopping to watch the waves or gaze up at the moon. It was as they had paused to listen to the waves kiss the shore, that Inutaisho spotted a shell as it rolled in the gentle surf. Stepping in the water, Inutaisho bent down and picked up the little conch. He held it up to his ear and smiled.

"What is it?" Izayoi asked.

"Just listen," Inutaisho replied. He held the shell up to her ear and a look of wonder fell over her face.

"What is that?"

"That's the sound of the waves."

"Oh..."

"Hai. Normally there's a tasty little animal in there, and when they die they leave behind the sound of ocean. It's very strange, but it only works on shells like these. The flat ones like that one..." Spotting a scallop shell, he picked it up and held it out to her. "Don't make any sound. They're still pretty though, ne?"

"Hai! Can I take them back with me?"

The dog general nodded. "Just be sure to leave them outside by your room and I'll see to it a servant comes by to get them. You need to boil them to make sure the remains of the little animal are gone, or they smell and very badly too. The flat ones aren't so much of a problem, but it doesn't hurt to clean them as well." He smiled as she crinkled up her nose. "But don't worry; they still carry the sound of the ocean with them."

"Hontoni?"

Inutaisho nodded and Izayoi smiled shyly at him in return. Thinking she looked beautiful in the moonlight, Inutaisho gently took her face in his hands and kissed her. Izayoi sighed softly as they broke the kiss, and feeling embolden by it, he pulled her close.

They kissed again in the moonlight, the soft whoosh of the waves a harsh reminder to him that their time together would be short. Not wanting to waste a minute of it, he murmured softly in her ear, "Come, and let's go back to my rooms." He kissed her cheek. "I want you to stay the night."

Izayoi pushed away from him, "But what about your wife? Won't she be angry with me if I do?"

"Iza-chan, do not concern yourself with her. She knows what you mean to me and she accepts it. Now come, let's go..."

Izayoi sighed softly, and nodding silently, she followed him back to the palace. She paused once, and listening to the sound of the waves, she found the courage she needed to make a life with him amongst his people...
Sign up to rate and review this story