Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade

Chicago

by pair11flavor 0 reviews

If you’re relocating to Chicago, IL, here are some enjoyable facts about your new home.Positioned adjacent to Lake Michigan, Chicago was incorporated as a city in 1837. Its location at the site ...

Category: Beyblade - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-12-17 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 548 words

0Unrated
If you’re relocating to Chicago, IL, here are some enjoyable facts about your new home.

Positioned adjacent to Lake Michigan, Chicago was incorporated as a city in 1837. Its location at the site of a portage between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River watershed, contributed greatly to its development. These days, Chicago has become a leading global city in addition to a major transport hub. It is viewed as the business, financial and ethnic capital with the American Midwest.

Chicago is the third greatest city in the United States, and is also the largest Great Lakes metropolis.

The name ‘Chicago’ is the French interpretation of the Miami-Illinois name ‘Shikaakwa’, which means ‘wild leek’.

Chicago was founded in 1772, when a Haitian man, Jean-Baptiste Pointe du Sable, established a settlement about the north bank of the Chicago River, naming it Eschikagou.

Chicago is home to more than 40 museums, more than 150 theaters as well as over 6,000 restaurants.

Chicago boasts three of the world's tallest structures, Sears Tower, Amoco Building and John Hancock.

The world's biggest public library, Harold Washington Library Center, using a collection of more than 2 million books, is based within Chicago.

Chicago is known as the actual ‘Candy Capital of the World’.

Chicago is the originator of the world’s first mail-order enterprise - Montgomery Ward.

Chicago is home to the largest population of Poles in the world, beyond Warsaw.

Cracker Jacks, Hostess Twinkie, roller skates, pinball games, steel frame skyscraper, raised railway, the particular zipper, window envelope, as well as spray color were all invented in Chicago.

Chicago keeps more than 2 hundred annual parades in the city each year.

Chicago claims the largest building in America other than the Pentagon, The Merchandise Mart, which includes 90 acres of floor space.

The Oceanarium within Chicago is the largest indoor marine mammal pavilion on earth.

Chicago is home to one of the last free zoos on the planet, the Lincoln Park Zoo.

The Chicago River is the only river in the world which flows in the opposite direction. To prevent pollution and sewage from backing up into the city's water supply, a channel was built in the early 20th century to turn around the flow with the river. The river used to run into Lake Michigan, but the canal drew water from the lake, inducing the river to run toward the particular Mississippi River.

The first American Nobel Prize with regard to science had been bestowed on Albert Michalson, Head of the Physics Department with the University of Chicago.

The Chicago Cultural Center is the first totally free municipal cultural center in the US. It is also the place to find the largest Tiffany Dome on earth.

The Art Institute of Chicago possesses the greatest collection of Impressionist paintings in the world, aside from the Louvre (Paris).

In the event that you’re interested in buying a condo in one of Chicago’s numerous unique and also colorful neighborhoods, employ McAuley Enterprises as your real estate professional. They have years of experience in the Chicago condos industry and will get you the best possible offer on luxury condos in Chicago. They deal with luxury condominiums in the downtown area Chicago, the particular Gold Coast, Streeterville condos, River North condos and The Trump.


"Luxury property in Chicago":http://www.weknowchicagorealestate.com
Sign up to rate and review this story