Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Escape

Chapter One

by echeloncookie 0 reviews

12-21-12 MOFOS!! GET READY FOR A NEW STORY!! :D Jared and Skyla decide to spend a little bit of their winter vacation in Vail, Colorado.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-12-20 - Updated: 2012-12-22 - 2009 words

5Exciting
ESCAPE

CHAPTER ONE

“Look at the snow! It's so pretty!” Skyla Miller exclaimed gleefully as she and Jared Leto walked toward their rented cabin. “God, back home we had to travel to Gatlinburg to see snow.”

Jared grabbed her bags from her hands and sat them down beside the cabin door. “I thought you and your family came to Colorado when you were in school?” he asked her. He walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. It was very comfortable; he got back up and walked over to Skyla and gave her a hug. “So what do you want to do first?” he asked her.

“Maybe we can have a snowball fight or something?” she asked him. “Just to loosen up. My ass is killing me from sitting for so long on the plane.” She gave him a broad grin and ran toward the nearest pile of snow. She disappeared behind it as Jared began laughing. Suddenly a big snowball came flying at Jared from behind the snow pile and he ducked as it narrowly missed his head.

“Sky! That's not fair, I'm not near any snowball-able snow!” he yelled at her as he flung a snowball at her.

Splat! The snowball hit her square in the face. “Dammit!” she cried. She wiped the snow off of her face and threw another snowball at him. When it hit him on his shoulder, she did a little jig. “Yay! Take that, Jared!”

Jared's face broke out into a smile as he threw a second snowball at her, which hit her in the face–again. “Not so happy now, are we?” he asked her. He walked over to her and hugged her. “So how are you liking it here so far?”

“Is that a trick question?” she asked him. She walked back into the cabin and grabbed her bags from beside the door; she slung them onto the bed in the next room and began unpacking. “It's amazing, and our cabin has an awesome view.”

Jared got his bags and swung them up across from Skyla's. He began unpacking his clothes from one bag and put them into the dresser on his side. Their cabin was cozy and on the small side, with two bedrooms, a bathroom with a hot tub, a living room, and a kitchen. Each room was the same size, and why they were sleeping in the same bed when there was a spare bedroom was a question neither one of them could answer.

“I have to unpack my other bag; I might have some room left when I'm done,” he told her. He grabbed his bag from the bed and put everything in the dresser; sure enough he had an empty drawer on the very bottom. When he looked over at her, he realized she had already unpacked her stuff and was propped up on the pillows on the bed.

“I'm searching for The Weather Channel,” she told him. “I want to see if it's going to snow anytime soon.”

Jared climbed up on the bed beside her and reached for the remote. Skyla pulled away instantly. “Just let me see it. I'm going to give it back, I promise, just hand me the remote.” He finally yanked it from her hands.

“I think I just passed it—go back one,” she told him. Jared pressed the button and saw a blizzard warning go across the bottom of the screen on The Weather Channel for their area.

“Damn, you're good.” Jared tossed the remote back to her and went to look out the window. The clouds were a gloomy dark gray, and the light snow that was falling when they had arrived earlier in the day had already stopped. No one was skiing or snowboarding; instead, everything was eerily quiet. He turned away from the window and headed back to Skyla. “It's way too quiet here.”

“I know,” Skyla said. She walked up to him and hugged him; it felt different here. Jared could feel his stomach flutter when she breathed on him. He balled his fist up in his pocket.

Not here. Not now, he thought. He wrapped his arms around Skyla and hugged her back.
“Let's go down to the lodge and eat,” he told her.

“Okay. Just let me change coats,” she told him. He watched her as she grabbed a thick blue peacoat and put it on over her long-sleeved dark blue shirt and jeans. She pulled on a pair of black boots and got back up. “Ready!”

Jared eyed her outfit change and decided to change his coat as well. “I'm going to change my coat as well. It's pretty cold outside, and it's going to get colder.” He grabbed a coat similar to Skyla's and put it on. “Freaky that we have almost-matching coats, huh?”

“Definitely. Remember, I'm clumsy, so hold my hand down the walkway, okay?” she asked him. “But let's hurry and eat, because it's going to be dark soon.”

Jared doubled back and grabbed a flashlight; he stuck it inside Skyla's purse and shut the door behind him. “There. In case it's already dark when we start to come back to the cabin.” He grabbed Skyla's hand and helped her down the short trail from their cabin to the lodge.

“Do you think anyone else will be down there?” Skyla asked him. Her face was turning pink from the cold wind.

“I don't know. It's practically deserted up here on the mountains; if anyone is down at the lodge I'd be surprised,” Jared told her. He held out his hand when they reached a small slope. “Come on, Sky. I'll help you.”

Skyla sighed and took his hand. She felt a sudden warmth spring from his fingertips, like he was embarrassed. Her breath caught in her throat. “Okay. Thanks.” She stumbled on her first step down and fell, taking Jared down with her. “I'm so sorry!”

“It's okay, Skyla. Really. Let's just get up and dust ourselves off and keep going,” Jared told her. After he helped her up, they walked up to the double front doors of the lodge and he opened one of them for Skyla; when they went in, the lodge was bustling with people eating at tables, buying groceries, and renting cabins and lodge rooms. There was even some medications that could come in handy—things for colds, the flu, and other illnesses. They stopped looking at the medications when a woman asked them, “May I help you?”

“We're here to get something to eat. And maybe some groceries,” Jared said. Him and Skyla sat down at a table to wait and realized that the snow that was falling outside was falling harder. “Um, maybe just the groceries; we can make ourselves something to eat.”

“You can get whatever you need, and get medicine as well,” the woman said.

“Thank you,” he said. Jared turned to look at Skyla. “You get the groceries and I'll get the medication.”

“What medications?”

“We're bound to get sick sooner or later on this mountain. It's best to be prepared.” Jared grabbed a cart and started filling it with two of each of the teeny boxes. Skyla watched him and grabbed a cart of her own to begin filling with food and water. She even found Jared some of his favorite vegan foods; she walked over to where Jared was and scared him when she touched his shoulder.

“Done?” she asked him. Jared looked down at her cart and smiled.

“I can't believe they have vegan food!” he said gleefully. “Here's the medicines; I'll be back, I just need to get something I left at home.” Skyla watched him as he walked off and came back with a box in his hands. He slipped it into his cart and blushed a deep crimson as Skyla giggled—it was a box of condoms. “I told you, I forgot them!” he hissed.

“It's okay. Seriously. I almost forgot to pack my birth control,” she whispered to him. They pushed their carts to where the cashier was waiting on them together, and began emptying both of their buggies onto the counter. When Jared put his condoms on the counter, he blushed again and put the other boxes of medicine beside it. Skyla giggled and told the girl, “We forgot to bring them. Can't be too careful, you know?”

The girl's face turned red as she added up everything. Skyla's face broke out into a smile when she looked over at Jared and noticed that he was grinning. The smile quickly disappeared, however, when she looked outside and noticed the heavy snowfall against the sunset. She poked Jared on his shoulder and pointed at the window. He looked to the window and back at Skyla. “I'll be at the door with the flashlight; bring everything to me when you're done, okay?” He left some cash with Skyla and walked over to the door.

As Skyla paid the cashier–it wasn't as much as they thought it would be–Skyla pushed the cart over to Jared. He reached in and got all five bags. “Jared, at least let me carry a bag or something. All of that is too heavy,” Skyla told him. Jared handed her the flashlight.

“You wanted to carry something,” he told her. “Now just light the way back up the trail.”

“Jared. Just go before I hit you,” she told him. He walked ahead of her and, three hundred feet later, unlocked the door to the cabin. He stepped inside quickly and put their bags down, then went back outside to get Skyla. She had stopped walking up the trail a hundred feet back because she was too cold. He grabbed her and carried her back to the cabin.

“I'm s-sorry I stopped f-following y-you,” she said. Jared laid her on the bed and covered her with the thickest blanket he could find in the cabin.

“It's okay, Skyla. I know you couldn't help it. If you want to change into your pajamas, I'll get them out for you,” he told her.

“Thanks, but I can do it,” she told him. She leaned down and got her pajamas out of the drawer with her underwear in it. She changed quickly and laid back down on the bed. She looked over where Jared was laying on the couch, facing her. “You can come back over here, now.”

He stood up and walked over to where she was. “Feel better now that you have dry clothes on?” he asked her.

“Yeah. Come on, lay down here. I need the warmth,” she told him, patting the other side of the bed.

“Let me put up all of our groceries and change first. Then I might take you up on that offer,” he told her. He got the groceries and the medicines out of their bags and began putting them up in the refrigerator and the cabinets. When he reached his condoms, he took them over to his bedside table and put the entire box inside. He walked over to Skyla and tossed a box to her. “I can't believe you. You had to have added this to the cart after I left,” he hissed, embarrassed. Skyla grinned and sat up; her box of douches went clattering to the floor and she bent down to pick them up.

“Girls have needs too! My, what little you know about us,” she told him.

Jared made a face at her as he changed into his pajamas. “Like you know so much about us as well?”

“I've only been with two men, Jared, what do you expect? For me to be a genius on men?”

Jared flushed as he climbed into bed behind Skyla. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled the blanket up over them. “Feeling warmer? Or do you want me to turn the heat up?” Jared asked her, then paused.

“Turn the heat up how?” Skyla asked him as she rolled over on her back.

“Don't even try!”
Sign up to rate and review this story