Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter One: Calm Before the Storm

by cabbagepatchbum 0 reviews

Gayle's roommates were on their honeymoon in Chicago where they met Fall Out Boy, what happens when they come to their apartment for Christmas and New Years.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-27 - 820 words

0Unrated
My name is Gayle, and I am nineteen years old. My story began two years ago. I lived with my best friend (more of an older sister), Carrie, and her husband, Kyle. My mom and step dad were killed by some guy at a restaurant in a nearby town. Carrie took me in so I could finish high school with my friends and not have to move to Houston with my abusive biological father. Carrie and Kyle were on their way back from their honeymoon to Chicago. They moved into a bigger apartment before they left for their late trip. (Their honeymoon got postponed because my parents died a week before their wedding, and they wanted to make sure I was okay before they left. They waited six months before leaving me alone.) I had been sleeping on their couch at their old apartment, and they decided that I deserved my own room. It was Thanksgiving break and they were going to be home in an hour. I liked being alone because they were always trying to cheer me up. Ever since my parents died, I did not talk much. I sat on the internet researching murders and watching Law and Order if I was not doing my homework.

I was sitting on my beanbag that leaned against the coffee table with my laptop in my lap and a rerun of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit playing on USA. I was wearing an Atreyu tank top, red pajama bottomss, a Panic! At the Disco hoodie, and monkey toe socks. I had my dark brown hair up in an extremely messy bun. I did not leave my pajamas unless I had to go to school or run errands. The happy couple came trotting through the front door giggling as the credits to Law and Order began. I looked up and arched my eyebrows. Carrie grinned at me and put the red and blue plaid suitcase she was carrying down.

"I have a surprise for you," Carrie said to me as Kyle followed her inside and dropped another matching suitcase.

I looked up at her questioningly, "What?"

"It will come Christmas Eve," Kyle said. That made me fidget a little. I did not want them to get me anything for Christmas because they had done so much for me. They had not let me help out with the rent, all I did was help out with groceries, electricity, and clean up a bit. I often felt that it was not enough, but Kyle and Carrie refused to allow me to pay for more.

"Animal, vegetable, or mineral?" I asked politely, not wanting to hurt their feelings and a little bit curious. As they often say, "Curiosity killed the cat."

"Definitely animal," Carrie giggled.

I looked over at my dog who was laying next to me. I had an Old English Sheepdog that my mom had gotten me last Christmas. She was my favorite friend in the world. Her name was Sheeba. Her shaggy gray and white coat was soft. She was a very good comfort when my mom and step dad died. I wanted to keep her with me forever.

"I know you are bringing Sheeba a boyfriend," I said, stroking her coat.

Carrie smiled and shook her head, "While we were on our honeymoon, we met Fall Out Boy. We became pretty good friends the four days we hung out with them. We invited them down here to visit for Christmas and New Years. They greatly obliged. We're going to pick them up Christmas Eve."

I blinked. I did not know what to say. I liked Fall Out Boy, but I did not know if I wanted to meet them. I figured they would be stuck up and stuck in their own ego. But then again, how many kids could say they were going to meet Fall Out Boy?

"Gayle? What's wrong?" Carrie asked. I snapped out of my own thoughts.

"Nothing, just thinking. That sounds interesting. I'm up for meeting them, but just remember the day after Christmas, I am going to Louisiana with Camden and Marcel to that show their bands are playing in. If you two have to work, they are more than welcome to come with us," I said

Kyle and Carrie smiled. They picked up their bags and brought them to their room leaving me with my comforts. I sat and watched another Law and Order, and lurked around the FBI database for local murders that might match my parents'. Sheeba sighed and put her head on my legs. I reached down and pat her on the head.

"Sheeba, am I going to get along with these guys, or am I just going to make a fool out of myself?" I asked her. She looked up at me and yapped slightly in response.

"You're right girl. I'm good at making a fool out of myself."
Sign up to rate and review this story