Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter Two: Dead On Arrival

by cabbagepatchbum 1 review

FOB shows up! woo!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-27 - 832 words

0MarySue
On Christmas Eve, I awoke to the blaring sound of the telephone ringing next to my bed. I groaned and looked at the alarm clock on the same table. It was ten o'clock in the morning. I rolled my eyes and answered the annoying phone.

"'Ello?" I said groggily and irritatedly.

"Gayle? It's Carrie," I heard people in the background.

"Wha? Where are you? Why aren't you in your bed?" I asked sititng up upright in my bed, rubbing the sleepie gunk out of my eyes.

"I'm in Houston at the airport picking up the guys with Kyle. We'll be home in about three hours. Please make sure you take a shower and look presentable," Carrie said, and I heard giggling in the background.

"Aww, do I have to?" I asked getting an early case of sarcasm and crawling out from under my royal purple Egyptian cotton sheets and shiny pink comforter. I put on my Invader Zim slippers. It was cold in the apartment. Sheeba had also jumped down off my bed.

"Gayle Ann! Yes!" Carrie sounded shocked. I laughed silently at her shock. I knew just how to freak her out. I pulled on my zip up Atreyu hoodie and headed into the living room with my loyal companion at my heels.

"All right," I yawned into the phone, "I'll look decent. No underwear showing, wear a bra, make sure I'm wearing socks with my sneakers, gotchya."

"Okay. I'll see you when we get home," Carrie said.

"Aight. Ciao," I said. I hung up the phone and went into the laundry room and looked for my From First to Last tee shirt and my lime green turtle neck. I also found my "emo pants" as Camden called them.

I layed them on the dining room table and turned to feed Sheeba her breakfast. I mixed a half a can of canned dog food with a half of a cup of dry dog food. She licked my hand gratefully as I put her dish on the floor next to the refrigerator.

"You're welcome, girl," I told her with a loving rub behind the ears.

I turned and bent over to get a teapot out from out of the cabinets. I found one and filled it with hot tap water. I turned on the electric stove and set the pot down. I grabbed the clothes from the table, turned to television on to Animal Planet for Sheeba when she finished her food. I knew it was kind of cheesy, but I honest thought that she enjoyed watching television.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. I heard the teapot whistling and Sheeba barking at it. I laughed slightly and walked swiftly into the kitchen and took the pot off to stove. I turned off the stove and put a peppermint teabag in the pot. I went back into the bathroom and blow dried my hair straight. I put on some black eye liner and lip gloss.

I walked back into the kitchen and poured myself a mug of tea. I walked into the living room where Sheeba was laying watching the television. I sat next to her on my beanbag and got her brush from the coffee table. I changed the channel until I found The Addams Family cartoon on Boom. I sat there watching the show, brushing Sheeba, and sipping my tea.

Time flies by when your having fun because sooner than I knew it, Sheeba sat up and barked at the door announcing that Carrie, Kyle, and our week's visitors.

"Hush, Sheebs," I said, standing up as the boys walked in behind Carrie and Kyle. Sheeba went quiet and nudged my hand. I patted her head.

"She's really harmless," I encouraged with a smile.

"Guys, this is Gayle. She's our roommate," Kyle said.

I knew all the guys by name, but I did not want to be rude, so I sat through Kyle introducing them all to me. I smiled sweetly at all of them, but when Pete was introduced, I got this weird feeling that he was checking me out. I blushed lightly.

"Gayle, what are your plans for today?" Carrie asked like she was trying to figure out how to pawn a couple of the guys off on me.

"Well, I need to walk Sheeba. I was going to walk her down to the mausoleum and visit Mom and Dad. Then I was going to head over to the mall and do some last minute Christmas shopping," I said quietly.

"Visit your Mom and Dad at a mausoleum?" Patrick asked.

Carrie stirred uncomfortably, and Kyle averted his eyes. I sadly looked down and sighed. I did not know what to tell them. The truth seemed best.

"My parents were murdered six months ago," I said. That's all I said.

"Oh," Patrick said quietly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. You didn't know," I said.

Pete looked at me, "Can I walk with you?"

I smiled, "Yeah, sure."
Sign up to rate and review this story