Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sin City.

A handsome mistake.

by darkviolet 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2013-01-01 - Updated: 2013-01-02 - 1057 words

0Unrated
"He looks like a very nice boy," Nan peered at me over her glasses, putting away the dishes I washed and Gerard dried.

"Nan, don't start"

"I'm just saying," she smiled knowingly.

Tilly sighed, scrubbing the pan extra hard. Their lunch went very well, considering her and Gerard knew each other for a total of 2 days. Nan seemed to like him, they had a lively conversation about art while Tilly poked her food around the plate, "I spoke to your mother earlier"

"Oh yeah?"

"She's got her panties in a bunch," Mrs. Walsh smiled warmly at Tilly, "As usual. I swear she's having a constant wedgie"

"I fucked up royally this time," Tilly glanced side ways at her Nan.

"You're young," Mrs. Walsh dismissed her with a wave, "It's OK to not know where you're going sometimes. Sometimes thats the only way to figure out"

Tilly nodded, Nan was her hero. With her family all being a bunch of...well, crazies. Nan was the only one that actually understood her, and didnt make her feel like a complete failure.

"And you made a very handsome mistake," Nan Walsh winked playfully.

"Nan," Tilly laughed, "You're horrible"

"I'm just saying, if I was about 35 years younger. I'd defintly...How do you say it? Faucet it?"

"Oh god," Tilly doubled over with laughter despite herself, "Tap that"

Gerard came back from the washroom, glancing from one laughing Walsh to the other, "Thanks for the lunch Mrs. Walsh"

Nan grinned at him, wagging her perfectly manicured finger, "Don't call me that, it makes me feel old. Told you to call me Liz, young man"

Gerard nodded, glancing at Tilly, who was wiping tears of laughter. She put the last pan on the drying rack and wiped her soppy hands on her jeans, "We should probably get going."

"You're not staying for coffee," Her grandma exclaimed softly, "Tabi!"

"Nan," Tilly whined a little, "I'm gonna see you again next week"

After all the courtesies and hugs and promises to see Gerard again next time were done, Tilly got in the vehicle and jabbed her seat belt forcefully into place, reversing sulkily.

"What got up your ass?," Gerard side glanced at her, "I like you Nan"

Tilly hummed and hammed and kept her eyes on the road.

"She seems normal"

"Yeah, the awesomeness gene skipped a generation with my father"

"So does that mean we can go on another date now that I got Liz's approval?"

"You promised," Tilly moaned, swerving the vehicle into the right lane, "You promised this was the only time you'll ask for a date"

"Why don't you date," Gerard groaned as well, "You look normal, no horns or tail"

"Gee thanks," she smiled a little.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Oh no," she shrugged, "Every girl wants to hear how she doesnt look like a she devil."

"You were a she devil in the...," he trailed off.

"Gerard Way," Tilly exclaimed, fighting the urge to smile.

"All I'm saying is I dont understand why you refuse to go out with me. Is it something I've said? Do I have bad breathe? Stinky arm pits?"

"I wish you'd drop the whole dating thing."

"But think about it," he slouched back in his seat, "Out of everyone in Vegas we came together and got married no less, there's gotta be a reason!"

"Ya," Tilly chuckled to herself, "Tequila"

"Oh whatever"

"Look," she sighed heavily, brushing her hair out of her face, "It just doesnt work out with me and relationships. It never ends well. It's not just one guy...I think there's something wrong with me"

"So it's not me, it's you," he said sarcastically.

"Pretty much," she nodded, "I like you, I just dont want another person hating me."

"You like me?", he wriggled his eyebrows at her.

"Gerard," Tilly couldnt help but smile, "You're missing the point"

"I know, I know, you're defected. Blah blah blah"

She shook her head at him, "I dont even know what to say to you."

"Look, I'm not gonna beg," he looked at her, his hazel eyes serious, "Whatever your reasons are, I can take a no."

"OK," strangely her gut did a little flip. She wasnt sure why, but she felt a little sad that he didnt actually argue.

"Your Nan called you Tabi," he murmured, "So your full name is Tabitha!"

She cringed, "No, my names Tilly."

He giggled, "Tabitha is a cool name."

"Says the guy with Arthur for a middle name"

He rolled his eyes at her maturity level, "What were you guys laughing about anyways?"

Tilly took a deep breathe and bit her cheek as hard as she could so she would burst out laughing again, "Nan is having some plumber issues."

They didnt say much after that, Gerard was playing with the radio stations or looking out of the window and Tilly was lost in thought. She didn't wanna date, not him, not anyone. She had enough of dating and the stress it brought to her life, then why the hell did she feel like a sulky 5 year old? Is it because she liked him pursuing her? Is it because she liked him?...She did like him, which is why she refused to date him...Oh that's very rational, Tilly. Logic is defintly your thing... Oh, shut up brain.
Before she realized it, they pulled up to her building, "Well this is it. Thanks for coming over"

"My pleasure."

"See you around."

"I guess."

They both nodded, not really looking at each other.

"Ok"

"OK"

She looked up, a little smirk playing on her features, he didn't look like he was gonna get out anytime soon. It was kinda cute. he met her gaze and flushed a little, "I guess that's my cue"

"Looks like it"

Before she knew what was going on, he leaned over and kissed her softly, cupping her cheek. Her heart beat a little faster, as she returned his kiss.
His lips were soft and warm and sent millions of little electric shocks down her spine, she didnt want to stop but he did first, "Bye"

"Bye," she watched him as he crossed the street to where he parked, got into the car and drove off, briefly waving at her before dissapearing down the street. Tabitha Walsh was mentally kicking herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story