Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Golden Opportunities

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-02 - Updated: 2013-01-03 - 1085 words

1Exciting
Golden Opportunities

The next week was insane. Braelyn was in and out of meetings, mostly by herself; she wasn’t the only act Topher managed. She had just started laying instrumental tracks for the record and working with her producer, Nick, to round out the sound with other instruments that she didn’t play.

Thank goodness for Mikey. He actually lived in New Jersey, but he was staying with Braelyn for the time being. The boys weren’t doing much on the whole My Chem front at the moment, so he was free to do as he liked. It was an incredible relief for Braelyn to finish a stressful day and get to go home to a smiling face.

Braelyn had been late to a meeting with Topher and her producer one day, having completely forgotten about it in the midst of everything else. While Nick was understanding, Topher discussed the possibility of getting Braelyn an assistant.

“I really don’t think it’s necessary,” she told Mikey and Topher that night at dinner. “I’m really not that busy.”

Topher just laughed. “Yes you are, and it’ll get busier. Everyone has assistants, even your favorite boys, even if it’s just when their recording.”

“He’s right,” Mikey said. “You really should be one hundred percent focused on your music right now, not concerned with when and where you have to be next. Get someone else to worry about it.”

“It would make things easier...”Braelyn admitted.

“Plus, remember that we’re releasing your single soon and that will mean press on top of recording,” Topher pointed out.

“Ok, but how do I go about getting an assistant?” Braelyn inquired.

“The company will have a list of suitable people. Unless you have someone in mind?”

“What about Riley?” Mikey asked, nudging Braelyn. “She’s a sweet girl and interested in the business. Also, I’m pretty sure she’d do anything for you.”

“That would be so great for her,” Braelyn said, smiling, happy that this whole assistant thing wouldn’t be solely for her benefit, but for Riley’s as well.

As soon as they got back to the apartment, Braelyn was on her shiny new computer, sending an email.

“Hey Riley!

Congratulations on graduating early! I knew you could do it. I’m really proud of you. As for not knowing what you’re going to do next, I think I can help you with that.

I have been informed by my manager that I am desperately in need of an assistant. My record label has a list of people they suggest, but I’d much rather have someone that I know. Soooo what do you think of moving to New York City to essentially live in this sweet apartment with me (see picture) and hang out.

Topher says to mention that there will be work, blah blah blah, but I know you can not only handle it, but that you’ll be phenomenal.

So what do you say girlie? You up for a cross country move?

Love,
Braelyn”

“Sent,” Braelyn said, joyfully.

“Good. Now you can come here,” Mikey said. He was lounging on the couch, holding his arms open to the girl. Braelyn came to sit on his lap, burying her face in the crook of his neck. “Glad to have a couple of days off?”

“Yessssss,” she moaned. “I can’t wait to sleep late tomorrow. I’m so tired.”

“Well we can sleep all day, ok?”

She sat up to face him. “You’re the best.”

He leaned in to kiss her. “I try my hardest. Come on, let’s go to bed.” Braelyn nodded and Mikey stood, cradling her in his arms.

Braelyn woke the next day to a room full of sunshine and an empty bed. Pulling her hair back into a loose ponytail as she left the room, Braelyn discovered Mikey in the kitchen. “Morning.”

He snaked an arm around her waist as she passed by and pulled her to him. He lightly kissed her. “Morning.”

“It looks beautiful outside. Can we go to the park?”

“We can literally do whatever we want,” Mikey replied.

“Baller.” Braelyn went to go check her email. “Riley emailed me.”

“What did she say?” Mikey came to stand next to her.

Braelyn read: “Oh my God, OH MY GOD, OH. MY. GOD.

For realsies. Braelyn are you joking?

Well, in case you aren’t, yes. YES. YES! I’d love to come be your assistant!

Mad love,
RIley”

Braelyn was giggling while Mikey drawled, “Well I guess that’s a yes.”

“I’ll call Topher.” Braelyn did and gave him Riley’s contact information.

She and Mikey put on coats, scarves and gloves and headed out into the beautiful, albeit chilly, early winter day. They were sitting on the rocks in Central Park eating soft pretzels when Braelyn’s phone rang.

“Hey Topher.”

“Hi Braelyn. Just got off the phone with Riley. She’s more than a little excited-”

BEEP

Braelyn pulled her phone away from her ear to look at the screen. She laughed before responding to Topher. “Ya I sense that, because she’s calling me now.”

“Well I’ll let her tell you the good news. Talk to you soon.”

“Bye Topher.” Braelyn switched to the other line. Smirking she answered the phone, “Braelyn Porter.”

“BRAELYN I’M COMING TO SEE YOU IN TWO DAYS!!!!”

“Hi Riley. Calm down. Deep breaths. When do you get here? Do I need to come pick you up at the airport?”

“Two days,” Riley repeated, no longer yelling. “And no. Topher said he’d send a car to bring me to the record company’s office so he can have me do a bunch of stuff. He said that he’d make sure I made it to dinner with you and ‘whoever else is around’ which I take to mean many glamorous and famous people.” The volume of her voice was rising again. “And I can’t believe this is happening!”

“It’s gonna be awesome. I can’t wait to see you!”

“Me too! I have to go pack. Or buy all new clothes. Or something.”

“Ok sweetheart. Can’t wait to see you.”

They each hung up.

“This will be fun,” Mikey said. Braelyn nodded.

A/N: Dearest Abbie, ya keep me goin. Enjoy. Chapters might be shorter, but I'm hoping to update more often. GO REVIEW!! (all of you...I see you lurking lol) hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story