Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Rush Rush

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-05 - Updated: 2013-01-06 - 1279 words

0Unrated
Rush Rush

The two days passed quickly, Braelyn reveling in her much needed relaxation time with Mikey. The day Riley arrived, Braelyn was having a rather difficult time in the studio.

“I can’t hear anything. I know that’s super cliche and all, but it’s struggle city in here,” Braelyn said, almost ripping the headphones off her head.

“Let’s quit for today. Come back to it fresh tomorrow,” Nick said, sympathetically. “I think Topher wanted to tell you something anyway. He came in earlier.”

Braelyn nodded, feeling slightly defeated. She followed Nick out of the room and down the hall to the studio’s waiting room where Topher was reclining on a couch and to Braelyn’s pleasure, Riley was bouncing in a chair so much she was almost hovering.

“Riley!” Braelyn broke into a smile for the first time in the past three hours.

The younger girl stood up and through her arms around her new boss. “Oh my God. I can’t believe this is real!”

The girls continued their chattering for a few minutes before Topher interrupted. “I’m sure you’ll find time to catch up later. Riley, why don’t you consider this the beginning of your duties and tell Braelyn what’s on her schedule tomorrow?”

“Oh! Ok!” Riley pulled out a fancy new iPhone. “Look what they got me, too keep up with all of your stuff.” Braelyn winked at her, and Riley continued. “Tomorrow’s busy. You’ve got an interview with MTV at seven tomorrow morning-”

“MTV?!” Braelyn asked, looking at Topher.

“They called us this morning. Apparently someone posted a live video on one of their sites and the comments blew up. They’d like to get to know you, apparently,” Topher answered. “Riley?”

The girl consulted her phone. “Then you’re in the studio until a meeting with the record executives to listen to what’s been recorded at three. Then tomorrow night, you’re playing in Brooklyn.”

“Good,” Topher said to Riley. “Now you just have to make sure she gets there.”

“Yes sir.”

“Now can we go to dinner?” Braelyn whined, jokingly. “I’m starvinggg.”

Topher consented. They convinced Nick to also come to dinner at Braelyn and Mikey’s favorite diner. There, Mikey, Gerard, Quinn, and Frankie were waiting. Riley was shaking in excitement from being around all these people that she had worshipped from afar for years. Frankie saw this and went out of his way to talk to her and get her involved in the conversation. Soon she was talking to all of them like they were old friends.

Back at Braelyn’s apartment, Riley picked which room she wanted before everyone, minus Topher and Nick, settled in the living room to watch a movie. Before she knew it, Braelyn had fallen asleep. She stirred when Mikey picked her up to carry her to her room. In the hall she stretched up to give him a kiss.

“So,” he said, putting her down on the bed, “Christmas is coming up soon...”

Braelyn sleepily nodded at him, watching him disappear into the bathroom.

“Well, apparently it’s custom to by your significant other spectacular Christmas presents.” Mikey came back out, dressed in pajamas. “So what do you want?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know...I haven’t really done Christmas in a long time...”

“Really? I thought you and Addi went to church and stuff...” Mikey slid into bed next to her.

“Well, ya. I always go to Christmas Mass, but Addi is always with her family, Tom and Marrissa are pretty agnostic, and the rest of my friends didn’t really care much about it. They were drug around to family events, but we never did anything together.”

She didn’t sound sad about it. Just matter of fact. Mikey put an arm around her shoulder and squeezed. “Well you might want to prepare yourself, because mom loves Christmas. Like it’s intense. And she told me earlier this week that you’re part of the family, so you have to come whether you want to or not.”

“That’s so sweet of her.” Braelyn’s eyes welled a little at the mention of being part of the family.

She had been silent for a few moments when Mikey said, “So you’ll come to Christmas in Jersey?”

Braelyn smiled up at him, “Of course I will.”

“Good.” He kissed her temple. “So tell me what you want for Christmas.”

“This is going to sound so cheesy...” Braelyn slumped deeper into the covers on her bed.

“I like cheesy.”

“I already have everything I want.”

Mikey laughed, tightening his hold on her. “That makes buying something for you sooooo much harder.”

Braelyn turned over, nestling against him. “I’m sure you’ll think of something.”

“So much faith in me.”

“Uh huh,” she sighed. “Now bedtime?”

Mikey leaned over to turn out the lights, then settled, his arms around Braelyn.

“Night,” she murmured, “Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Sleep came quickly.

There was a knock on Braelyn’s door obscenely early the next morning. Riley’s voice called in, “Braelyn? It’s 6AM. Topher said the car would be here at 6:30.”

Braelyn moaned from her bed.

“Want me to go get you a coffee?”

Braelyn shoved the comforter of her, and subsequently, off of Mikey, and sighed heavily. “Yes please. One cream, two sugars.”

“You got it. Mikey?”

He just grunted. Braelyn answered for him. “I think he’s already back asleep.”

“Lucky...” Riley said. Then, brightly, she added, “Be back in a few!”

Braelyn saw that Mikey had now cocooned himself in the covers of the bed, making it impossible for her to take back her share.

“Have fun at your fancy interview,” he mumbled.

“You’re lucky you’re so cute, or I’d kick you out of my bed.”

“Being adorable does have its advantages,” he said turning to give her his half smile. She laughed and kissed him before getting out of bed and preparing for her day.

By the time Riley returned, Braelyn was ready to go. They stood in the kitchen drinking their coffee until the concierge of the apartment called to say the car was there. The ride to the studio was quick and once there, Braelyn was swept away by the staff to hair and makeup. Riley followed. Sitting in the chair, Braelyn was glad for Riley’s presence. She just kept chatting to Braelyn, keeping her mind off the interview that was coming up.

After all the activities at MTV were finished, they were back in the car to go to the studio. Topher and Nick were there waiting.

“So how was it?” Topher asked.

“The usual,” Braelyn replied. After a second, she started to laugh. “Isn’t that crazy that being interviewed is ‘usual’ for me?”

“Get used to it, kid,” Topher said. “You’re gonna be the big time soon.”

She grinned back, feeling incredibly empowered. She jumped into the recording booth and started working for the day. She didn’t come out until Riley appeared with food at two. After lunch, they went over to the executives’ office for their meeting.

The people who were essentially in charge of her career were pleased. They really thought her stuff so far had the potential to be great. The busy day didn’t end there. After the meeting they went to meet Mikey and Gerard for dinner before going to Braelyn’s first gig in like a whole month.

A/N: Abbie and Eli, yall are just so sweet. Hope you like this one, too! Yayyy go review. hearts, corri
Sign up to rate and review this story