Categories > Original > Humor > Come One Come All

Sophmore Slump or Comeback of the Year

by queenqueer 1 review

Jacks a loser without many friends, and Zack's a jock with a huge crush. Alex helps a friend out, but doesn't know what he's getting himself into.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-01-20 - Updated: 2013-01-21 - 1071 words

0Unrated
This is for Caitlyn so, here ya go. There'll be more chapters later.

"Fuck," I aimlessly slam my hand onto the nightstand trying to hit the snooze button on the alarm clock. Where the fuck is it? I lift my head off the pillow only to see it lying on the floor. How the fuck did it get there? Oh fucking well.

"I swear to fucking god Jack if you aren't down here in five fucking minutes I'm gonna drag you down here myself!" my mother did not sound like she was in a good mood. Not like she ever is.

"Kay!" I shout half halfheartedly in the direction of the door. I hope she heard it, last thing i need is to get the crap beaten out of me before school. I grabbed some clothes off my floor, fuck if they were clean or not, and walk downstairs.

My mom was sitting there drinking her coffee with a smirk on her face, "7 minutes. You're walking today." I nodded, knowing she wouldn't drive me even if i begged. I turned around and walked out the door.



The walk to school wasn't too bad. Besides the whole being late to school thing. And the whole football team making kissing noises when i walk pass their lockers. Seriously, you make out with one guy in public and everyone's a dick about it. Even Zack. It makes absolutely no sense. Zack's the nicest guy when it's just us. He talks about music and movies and video games and even flirts a little, but when he's with his friends he's just another asshole. Oh well. I closed my locker and made my way to my math class.

The first 6 periods went by pretty uneventfully, I just stared at the clock hoping time would go faster, it didn't. But now I have lunch, so i can finally eat something. 7th period lunch is ridiculous. I need to talk to someone about fixing that. I was sitting at my normal table by the door like i normally do, facing the rest of the lunchroom so i can see everything that's happening.

But something wasn't right. I saw the jocks sitting at their usual table in the middle of the room, but something was different. Zack was the brightest shade of red I've ever seen, and he was looking down like he was... embarrassed? No way. Zack Merrick does not get embarrassed.

And that's when I saw it. Alex Gaskarth, king of the fucking dicks, was looking back and forth from me to Zack and laughing harder than I have ever seen anyone laugh before. Then I heard him say a little too loud, "I'm gonna fucking tell him. Oh man I'm gonna tell him!" He started walking towards me.

What the fuck am i supposed to do? Should I say hi? Spit on him? Ask him what he did to my friend? Invite him to sit? I could actually feel my cheeks getting redder. Especially when he sat down. He gave me the cutest little grin before he began to talk.

"You know my buddy Zack over there?" Alex said, gesturing towards the table Zack was sitting at. He looked mortified, but I saw the other jocks holding him to the seat so he couldn't stop the conversation Alex was having with me.

I avoided eye contact when I barely mumbled a yes in reply, and Alex's grin turned into a full smile.

"Well he likes you. And he wanted to know if you'd want to go to a party with him tonight. Oh okay you'll go? Good. It's at my place 10. Wear some sexy underwear for him." Alex laughed as he finished the last sentence, not even realizing how much of an idiot he sounded like, "Don't be late." He winked as he stood up and walked back to his table.

Zach looked am me and mouthed "sorry" from where he was being held and I just shrugged.

But wait. Zack liked me? No wonder he was always flirting. Everything makes so much sense now. Except the butterflies that have been in my stomach since Alex winked at me. Hell these aren't even butterflies, they feel like fucking pterodactyls. I need to get out of here. I need to get out of here and go home. I just got invited to fucking party. At Alex Gaskarth's house. How am I supposed to even get there? What do I wear? How do I act? I'll call Zack when I get home.



"Zack? Zach. I know you're there, respond you stupid fuck. I can actually hear you breathing."

"I am so sorry. I didn't know he was going to do that. You don't have to go to the party. Jack, I am so sorry this is so embarrassing, holy shit"

Poor fucking Zack, the guy sounded like he was gonna cry. "When are you gonna pick me up?" What the fuck did I just say.

"What? You wanna go?"

No fucking way in hell. "Yeah, sure. When you gonna pick me up?"

"Uh... um... the parties at 10 so like 9:50 or something? If that's okay with you, I mean we can go later or earlier whatev-"

"That's fine, see you then." I hit the end button. Fuck. What did I just do?



I was walking aimlessly around my room when I heard the doorbell ring, and then I heard my mother open the door. Fuck. I ran down stairs and saw my mom smiling at Zack. Not the way she usually does when she offers him pizza bagels, but it was a different kind of smile. Like she knew this wasn't just two friends going to a party. Zach started blushing as i pushed him out the door.

"I'll be back whenever, ma." I called behind me as I closed the door. I turned around to face Zach. He looked really good. He wasn't in his Varsity jacket as usual, but just a black v-neck. It was a nice change.

We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before he held out his hand. It was kind of an awkward gesture, especially since we've been friends for so long, but I took his hand and we started walking towards his car. He held the door open for me like some cheesy 80's movie and I have to admit it was kind of fucking adorable how much he was blushing.
Sign up to rate and review this story